Wall $$$$ will be reallocated

19 Jun 2021 10:30 #21 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Wall $$$$ will be reallocated

Wayne Harrison wrote: I don't waste my time imagining scenarios that will never happen. I've got better things to do with my life.

But, can you prove separate entrances and exit doors, as you posited, make the building more secure? Are you advocating for separate entrance and exits at the U.S/Mexico border? If you aren't, then why bring it up in a discussion of border security?

You're putting words in my mouth or not understanding what I'm getting at. Let me make it a little more clear...

More openings to a secure area require more people to guard those openings.
Can we agree on that?

If you go to the Bronco stadium, they have a limited number of openings where people are allowed to pass through, but every opening in the fence requires a number of people to prevent people from entering without a ticket. If the stadium decided to double the amount of openings, wouldn't you also have to double the amount of people required to guard those extra openings? People can still climb the fence and bypass the openings, but those people are much easier to catch, especially compared to a scenario where there is no fence at all.

It's just basic common sense and I'm always surprised at how uncommon it seems to be for some.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Jun 2021 10:39 #22 by Wayne Harrison

Please explain why it is easier to catch these people slipping through the fence than it is to catch people in areas where there is no fence.

19 Jun 2021 10:51 #23 by Wayne Harrison

Comments?

19 Jun 2021 12:13 #24 by Rick

Wayne Harrison wrote:

Please explain why it is easier to catch these people slipping through the fence than it is to catch people in areas where there is no fence.

Holes in fences need to be repaired. I've seen a lot of old chain link on that border that was easily cut. That's not an effective deterrent, obviously.

But again I have to ask you, if a fence is not a deterrent and makes no difference to the people who are responsible for patrolling our border, why are there no calls from the left to remove the fence/walls?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

19 Jun 2021 12:20 #25 by Rick
Before I give up on this one I'd just like you to answer two questions Wayne.

#1. Do you believe the United States should have control of it's borders and know who is trying to cross illegally?

#2. If you do believe the US should have control over it's borders, how would you suggest that happen in the most effective and efficient way possible?

George Orwell

19 Jun 2021 12:42 #26 by homeagain
PASSPORTS.....like every other country. CHECKPOINTS AND ENOUGH $$$ to man those checkpoints.
(yes,we have a large area to secure, but it is at the VERY LEAST a start.

19 Jun 2021 13:10 #27 by Blazer Bob

homeagain wrote: PASSPORTS.....like every other country. CHECKPOINTS AND ENOUGH $$$ to man those checkpoints.
(yes,we have a large area to secure, but it is at the VERY LEAST a start.

HA, in order to have checkpoints you need a barrier between them. the argument that walls do not work is goofy.

19 Jun 2021 13:39 #28 by homeagain
gov.alaska.gov/newsroom/2021/03/26/gover...ka-lands-and-waters/

then I guess it is up to every state to secure their borders/land.....ALASKANS live in close proximity to RUSSIA...WE have a close and present danger every hour.

I don't have the all knowing answer...I KNOW that thinking out of the box, is what ALASKANS do the best.

19 Jun 2021 17:24 #29 by Blazer Bob

homeagain wrote: gov.alaska.gov/newsroom/2021/03/26/gover...ka-lands-and-waters/

then I guess it is up to every state to secure their borders/land.....ALASKANS live in close proximity to RUSSIA...WE have a close and present danger every hour.

I don't have the all knowing answer...I KNOW that thinking out of the box, is what ALASKANS do the best.

The subject at hand is the southern border. I have no idea what point you are trying to make.

19 Jun 2021 18:33 #30 by homeagain

Rick wrote: Before I give up on this one I'd just like you to answer two questions Wayne.

#1. Do you believe the United States should have control of it's borders and know who is trying to cross illegally?

#2. If you do believe the US should have control over it's borders, how would you suggest that happen in the most effective and efficient way possible?

[/b]

BORDERS...PLURAL, I ANSWERED THE QUESTION FROM A PLURAL PERSPECTIVE.

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds