Wall $$$$ will be reallocated

22 Jun 2021 12:11 #51 by homeagain
THE WORK ETHIC has radically changed. NOW,bring it on home....this ties in with the work ethic of
immigrants...REVIEW the posts I have made...(it is NOT that confusing)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Jun 2021 13:47 #52 by FredHayek

homeagain wrote: THE WORK ETHIC has radically changed. NOW,bring it on home....this ties in with the work ethic of

Wow! You think that the current generation of Americans isn't willing to work hard in manual labor jobs? Wow, talk about trashing the young. I prefer to think that because of social programs and unemployment, employers need to offer higher wages to get good, hard working employees.

If you are going to offer me $20 to sit in an air conditioned office doing filing or $19 to be a roofer in 90 degree temperatures, I will take the office job. But at $25 an hour, I will be be willing to climb that ladder. Plenty of American kids willing to do the tough jobs out there.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

22 Jun 2021 14:27 #53 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Wall $$$$ will be reallocated

homeagain wrote: THE WORK ETHIC has radically changed. NOW,bring it on home....this ties in with the work ethic of

Ok, so you cleared up my confusion by broad brushing both immigrants and American workers... got it. I still don't think anecdotal examples work when you're talking about tens of millions of people. We have plenty of low skilled workers to fill low skilled jobs. Injecting more low skilled jobs via Illegal immigrants will naturally push down wages, something I thought we we trying to prevent.

The cure for getting low skilled Americans to go back to work would be to incentivize these people to get out and go look for a job. This is done the same way I did it with my kids... you stop the gravy train and force them to be productive and do what Americans have done since the beginning of this country.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

22 Jun 2021 16:10 #54 by homeagain
www.hrdconnect.com/2019/08/20/the-arriva...neration-of-workers/

You(collectively) have an archaic mind set....NO where does ANY of the research( on the NEW young employees) mention PHYSICALWORK, they r the connected generation,tekkie,trendy and want flexibility
to live their lives....OCCUPATIONAL EDUCATION,learning a physical trade isNOT in their lexicon.....ENTER
the immigrants who will fill those jobs.

22 Jun 2021 18:41 #55 by FredHayek
My 30 year old nephew is an auto mechanic. Another friend who is 28 is a journeyman HVAC guy. Both American citizens. But they must not exist according to HA. Based on the biased articles she reads, this generation is all on their phone and refusing to do manual labor. Check out the North Dakota Oil Patch. Plenty of young Americans willing to get their hands dirty.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

22 Jun 2021 20:19 #56 by Rick

FredHayek wrote: My 30 year old nephew is an auto mechanic. Another friend who is 28 is a journeyman HVAC guy. Both American citizens. But they must not exist according to HA. Based on the biased articles she reads, this generation is all on their phone and refusing to do manual labor. Check out the North Dakota Oil Patch. Plenty of young Americans willing to get their hands dirty.

She reads someone's opinion that couldn't possibly be backed up by facts (a large enough sample), then she runs with it like it's gospel. I don't ever search for someone's opinion that agrees with my opinion unless that opinion is based in facts that can be verified.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

23 Jun 2021 06:51 #57 by homeagain

Rick wrote:

FredHayek wrote: My 30 year old nephew is an auto mechanic. Another friend who is 28 is a journeyman HVAC guy. Both American citizens. But they must not exist according to HA. Based on the biased articles she reads, this generation is all on their phone and refusing to do manual labor. Check out the North Dakota Oil Patch. Plenty of young Americans willing to get their hands dirty.

She reads someone's opinion that couldn't possibly be backed up by facts (a large enough sample), then she runs with it like it's gospel. I don't ever search for someone's opinion that agrees with my opinion unless that opinion is based in facts that can be verified.

info.axis.org/gen-z-parents?gclid=EAIaIQ...pEAAYASAAEgLSvfD_BwE

HERE U GO......

23 Jun 2021 07:32 #58 by Rick

homeagain wrote:

HERE U GO......

LOL, would you mind showing me the FACTS? More words from another writer who has an opinion. Brilliant

George Orwell

23 Jun 2021 07:52 #59 by homeagain

Rick wrote:

homeagain wrote:

HERE U GO......

LOL, would you mind showing me the FACTS? More words from another writer who has an opinion. Brilliant

IT'S all good...apparently there is nothing out there that is considered an overview of generational values.

IF I had children graduating from H.S., I would ENCOURAGE them to look at all avenue,but KNOWN that
when shit hits the proverbial fan....those individuals who can REPAIR THING,MAKE THINGS,BUILD THINGS will have the advantage over their peers.....JMO

23 Jun 2021 09:36 #60 by homeagain

Rick wrote:

homeagain wrote:

HERE U GO......

www.washingtonpost.com/business/2021/06/...m_content=retailquit

Just ANOTHER tidbit of the truth......priorities r being re arranged.

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds