Abortion Discussion - spilt from Green Energy Thread

22 Oct 2022 08:09 #21 by koobookie
When does life technically end? When does a doctor say the patient is dead?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Oct 2022 10:40 - 22 Oct 2022 10:45 #22 by homeagain
Eric Aguilar
Just another doctor trying to be a doctor.Author has 88 answers and 106.4K answer viewsUpdated 3y
Related
Do doctors actually call the time of death out loud?

I'll try to give a small example of what happens where I work.

In this case, a patient comes from an ambulance while EMT are doing compressions. Doctor in charge of shift takes charge by listening and guiding where to put the patient, the hospital is private and usually 1 doc per shift. Interns from upstairs as well as nurses are called in via speaker in detail “code in triage emergency room, code in triage emergency room” (there is only 3 rooms here)

Interns are here, all look at the daily whiteboard which has their names and job during this emergency. So it'll be like Dr. Eric — Intern — compressions, Dr. X — anesthesiologist— Airway etc, etc. So once we get there we know what to do and what is missing. Anesthesiologist resident goes for airway, 3 interns rotate for compressions (one for compressions, one checks pulse after compressions and the other initiates compressions after the first intern finishes so it's compression, pulse, compression are all rotating) 2 nurses on IVs at start, a nurse on writing.. meaning time patient arrived, time initiated compressions and how long, what time was IV inserted, what medications, how many doses, how often, time of death, people in room and what they did, nurse on medications (apart from IVs), another nurse or intern observing and mentally noting errors, doctor guides everyone.

If we fail, doctor mentions time of protocols, ask if anyone has any suggestions, doctor in charge speaks with the family in a private consultation away from the triage. Explaining what was done, we ask if they want to enter the room during compressions, if they do then we bring only one family member in while still doing compressions and inform them that we are still putting effort in (and we are) while describing briefly everything that is happening but feel that there won't be a change in the outcome. It is really hurtful to see compressions on someone you love dearly, this is set as a hospital protocol (I have been told that I did nothing or not enough and honestly, if the patient doesn't make it, it hurts me as well). Anyway after they agree, we call time of death infront of the patient's family member.

Afterwards on a hospital level, doctor in charge has meeting with nurses and the nurses in charge to correct errors, than with interns and residents, than director and coordinator has a meeting with the doctor in charge to criticize techniques and have better outcome. The phrase commonly used here is, a mistake is only a mistake if you dont learn from it.

A SOURCE OTHER THAN A RETIRED DOCTOR.........

23 Oct 2022 09:11 #23 by homeagain

ramage wrote: BB,
Congratulations for being on the receiving end of an ad hominem attack from HA. Understand that she is an ardent proponent of abortion without restriction, but she is silent on when life begins.

EDUCATION IS THE KEY TO EVERYTHING...LET'S LOOK UNDER A MICROSCOPE AT THE ''
TISSUE'' ISSUE.......BE PREPARED TO BE SURPRISED.

www.theguardian.com/world/2022/oct/18/pr...eeks-abortion-tissue

What a pregnancy actually looks like before 10 weeks – in pictures

23 Oct 2022 09:46 #24 by Rick

koobookie wrote:

Rick wrote: First of all HA, you don’t have the right to tell me or any other man that they can’t have an opinion about the execution of innocent life… nice try though.

That's because she probably sees abortion as woman's health care, as opposed to your point of view that abortion is murder. Therefore, HomeAgain most likely thinks that a woman's health care choice is none of your business.

Since you're attempting to speak for Homeagain, maybe you could tell me if there are any restrictions on abortions in the Colorado law and if you think there should be any at all? Do you believe that killing a viable baby in the womb is ok as long as the mother thiks it's ok?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

24 Oct 2022 07:37 - 24 Oct 2022 07:42 #25 by homeagain
I CAN SPEAK FOR MYSELF......HERE IS THE ACTUALLY VERBIAGE THAT CONFIRMS WHAT I HAVE ALREADY POSTED....SO STFU

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion_in_Colorado

In addition, medically indicated termination of pregnancy up to 34 weeks is also an option for conditions such as fetal anomalies, genetic disorder, fetal demise and/or severe medical problems. [1]

A version of this was enacted into law in 1967.[citation needed] Colorado became the first state to decriminalize abortion in cases of rape, incest, or in which pregnancy would lead to permanent physical disability of the woman.

the doctor and the woman R THE ONLY INDIVIDUALS THAT SHOULD BE INVOLVED IN THE DECISION MAKING PROCESS......END OF STORY

24 Oct 2022 08:06 - 24 Oct 2022 08:07 #26 by Rick

homeagain wrote: I CAN SPEAK FOR MYSELF......HERE IS THE ACTUALLY VERBIAGE THAT CONFIRMS WHAT I HAVE ALREADY POSTED.... Va SO STFU [\b]

the doctor and the woman R THE ONLY INDIVIDUALS THAT SHOULD BE INVOLVED IN THE DECISION MAKING PROCESS......END OF STORY

Are you demanding that I SHUT THE F##K UP, or is that a request?

Btw, why is it that only the woman and her doctor that should be involved and not the father? Seems like he should have some input since he will be required to support the baby if she and her doctor decide not to kill the baby.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

24 Oct 2022 09:55 #27 by koobookie

Rick wrote: Btw, why is it that only the woman and her doctor that should be involved and not the father? Seems like he should have some input since he will be required to support the baby if she and her doctor decide not to kill the baby.

I know that this is a very difficult concept for you to grasp, Rick, but it's the woman's body, not the father's. Therefore, it's her choice.

Should we give a rapist, the father, a voice in whether he can force his victim to carry the fetus to term? If a fetus is brain dead in the womb, should the woman be forced to carry it to term because the father won't agree to the termination?

Cuz that's kinda what it sounds like you are advocating.

24 Oct 2022 11:14 #28 by ramage
Here is reality, less than 1% of abortions are because of rape or incest.
"Just 1% of women obtain an abortion because they became pregnant through rape, and less than 0.5% do so because of incest, according to the Guttmacher Institute. Yet the battle over exceptions for both has garnered outsized attention in the national abortion debate."
www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/...ttention/1211175001/

Apart from the historonics of the abortion anytime, anywhere supporters, let us not forget that it is a human being that is being denied life. The woman (99%) has invited a man into her temple (body) knowing that procreation can result. Which is the purpose of sexual intercourse, that it is an enjoyable experience is a side benefit.
A fetus with brain death is extremely rare, so as to rate a case report in the literature.
Evidently you base your arguments on outliers, but then again you are supportive of abortion at anytime in the pregnancy with no restrictions

24 Oct 2022 11:20 #29 by koobookie
If I understand you correctly, you would force a woman to carry her rapists violent act to term. I'm sure you see that as protecting a life, but in fact, you are requiring the woman who was raped to give up control of her body.

24 Oct 2022 11:25 #30 by koobookie
Oh, and since you are dismissing rapist abortions,being around 1%, as being negligible, let's look at late term abortions, shall we?

But late-term abortions are also very rare. In 2015, more than 400,000 abortions took place in the US. Of those, just 5,597 (or 1.3%) happened on or after 21 weeks of pregnancy, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The vast majority (91%) of abortions take place at or before 13 weeks of pregnancy.

www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2019/m...what-pregnancy-stage

The whole "late term abortion" histrionics is set up to cause outrage in conservatives, and you're falling for it.

Tell me instances of a woman who woke up in her 39th week and said, "you know what, I don't want this kid. I'm heading down to the abortionist and getting rid of this thing inside me." Come on, show me some women who have had an elective abortion at 39 weeks. Come on. I double dog dare you.

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds