Abortion Discussion - spilt from Green Energy Thread

29 Oct 2022 14:50 #51 by FredHayek

homeagain wrote: the extreme pro life elitists would NEVER allow a very personal option,... INCEST AND RAPE R NOT EXCEPTIONS,

If they don't write law with reasonable exceptions, they will likely be voted out of office.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Oct 2022 17:10 #52 by Rick

homeagain wrote: I was attempting to be kind....the REAL EXTREME RIGHT (religious zealots,who impose their BELIEFS ON OTHERS )......as if, THEY r the chosen ones.

The thing you don’t understand is that your definition of zealot can easily be applied to your side as well. Your side told me that I had to be vaccinated and masked up or I would be a danger to society, which turned out to be completely false. Millions of people lost their jobs because they would not take an experimental shot that was forced on them.

I see many zealots on your side who see government as some all knowing authority on everything, that we should all trust as having our best interests in mind.

I’m sorry, but believing that human life is worth fighting for isn’t something I will ever be ashamed of. I can believe this without being religious, and I’m not alone. That doesn’t make me a zealot, it just means that you and I disagree. We can both scream from the rooftops and it doesn’t mean we are zealots… it just means we are passionate about what we believe is right or wrong.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

30 Oct 2022 07:09 #53 by homeagain
’m sorry, but believing that human life is worth fighting for isn’t something I will ever be ashamed of. I can believe this without being religious, and I’m not alone.

then, as I UNDERSTAND this statement,u would have FORCED this couple into another option....birth the child and DEAL WITH THE PHYSICAL PAIN IT WOULD HAVE AND THE UNCERTAIN FUTURE OF IT'S CARE....AND HOW TO FINANCE THAT CARE FOR AN ILL DEFINED PERIOD OF TIME.?????

30 Oct 2022 09:48 #54 by FredHayek
A majority of American voters believe that late term abortions need to be restricted. And in America, eventually majority rules.

30 Oct 2022 19:29 #55 by Rick
Every time I hear "it's a threat to our democracy", I'm going to remember how they don't know what a democracy means. Fred, they believe that the loud minority should rule over the majority.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

31 Oct 2022 07:24 #56 by homeagain

homeagain wrote: ’m sorry, but believing that human life is worth fighting for isn’t something I will ever be ashamed of. I can believe this without being religious, and I’m not alone.

then, as I UNDERSTAND this statement,u would have FORCED this couple into another option....birth the child and DEAL WITH THE PHYSICAL PAIN IT WOULD HAVE AND THE UNCERTAIN FUTURE OF IT'S CARE....AND HOW TO FINANCE THAT CARE FOR AN ILL DEFINED PERIOD OF TIME.?????

[/b]

Deflect much?? The question still remains unanswered..

31 Oct 2022 08:59 #57 by Rick

homeagain wrote:

homeagain wrote: ’m sorry, but believing that human life is worth fighting for isn’t something I will ever be ashamed of. I can believe this without being religious, and I’m not alone.

[/b]

Deflect much?? The question still remains unanswered..

You're lecturing me on deflections? LOL

You refuse to acknowledge that at least half the country considers human life extremely valuable, no matter how old it is. It's a reasonable stance based in science and morality. I can understandthe other side of the argument as well and think that's a reasonable stance up until the point where abortion becomes just another form of birth control.

Life is full of conflicting opinions and difficult situations, so there is no absolute right answer to any moral question. I believe there are unique situations where an abortion is the best option, but like Bill Clinton once said, they should be safe and RARE. Allowing for third trimester abortions for any reason turns rare to common and more frequent. We just see human life differently and neither one of us should be forced to shut up.

George Orwell

31 Oct 2022 10:25 #58 by homeagain
"Life is full of conflicting opinions and difficult situations, so there is no absolute right answer to any moral question."

THANK U....then why is the SCOTUS operating in an absolute all encompassing mode....THEY HAVE DICTATED THE RIGHT ANSWER.

31 Oct 2022 10:34 #59 by FredHayek
In the last two months, abortions are down by 6%. 10,000 less abortions in the past sixty days.

08 Nov 2022 06:33 #60 by homeagain
www.kevinmd.com/2022/11/a-doctor-explain...-about-abortion.html

0. These bans are pro-life. Judge Alito incorrectly stated in his opinion that surgical abortions are dangerous to pregnant women, one of many factually incorrect statements in his decision. These procedures are remarkably safe. Meanwhile, abortion bans increase the risk of dying during pregnancy or in the postpartum period 34 times.

In many states, women can now be forced to carry a fetus to term, even when their life is at risk, or there is no possibility that the baby will survive birth. In a profession where we value facts and patient autonomy, it is impossible not to be alarmed by the Court’s decision to interfere with patients’ most basic decisions about their health and body, especially using false information.

Elisabeth Poorman is an internal medicine physician and can be reached on Twitter @DrPoorman.

FACTS THAT R CREDIBLE AND REAL

I

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds