Glenn Beck Hosts Rally on Anniversary of MLK "Dream" Speech.

27 Aug 2010 16:06 - 27 Aug 2010 16:10 #11 by Photo-fish
Is he bringing Mr. Chalkboard?

Nevermind. I see Palin will be there. He can just use her hand. rofllol

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Aug 2010 16:06 #12 by Nmysys
It seems to me we are expected to accept apologies for mistakes by the left on a constant basis, yet you are all making this into a big deal because of it being on the same day 33 years after MLK made this speech. We were expected to forgive Tax Cheats who said they were sorry for forgetting to file their taxes, we were expected to accept apologies from celebrities, we were expected to accept, " it's all according to what the meaning of is,is", yet Glenn Beck is to be demonized. What hipocrisy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

27 Aug 2010 16:08 #13 by AspenValley
I will accept apologies, but not lies.

I make every effort not to lie, not even to myself, so I know a liar when I see one.

Beck's a liar.

I'd bet the farm on it.

27 Aug 2010 16:12 #14 by Photo-fish
What is the significance of being 2 steps below the spot where MLK made his speech?

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

27 Aug 2010 16:17 #15 by Nmysys
Do you think all of the apologies over not paying taxes were apologies, or lies?

27 Aug 2010 16:25 #16 by Wayne Harrison

outdoor338 wrote: Here ya go scruffy..this will clear things up for you..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ei0ppG9kLU

Why you constantly cite YouTube videos as the ultimate arbitrator of authority is beyond me. But you do it all the time.

It's almost like you think to yourself, "I wonder if that's true. I'll check YouTube and find out."

27 Aug 2010 16:27 #17 by Scruffy
Is Goldline a sponsor of the rally?

27 Aug 2010 16:36 #18 by Wayne Harrison

Photo-fish wrote: What is the significance of being 2 steps below the spot where MLK made his speech?

Beck says that shows he's not trying to pass himself off as MLK2, even though he keeps talking about himself being assassinated.

It's like holding an event at Ford's Theater on the anniversary of the Lincoln Assassination, and doing a presentation from a box seat, just not the seat that Lincoln actually sat in, and then claiming it has nothing to do with Lincoln.

Personally, I think it was an honest mistake. Beck is too stupid to have figured it out ahead of time.

Goldline is promoting the rally.

In a new promo posted on a "Producers' Blog" at his website, Beck humbly places the rally in the context of the moon landing, the Montgomery bus boycott, Iwo Jima, the signing of the Declaration of Independence, and other landmark historical events. It also not-so-subtly suggests that Beck is following in the tradition of Martin Luther King, Abraham Lincoln, most of the Founding Fathers, Martha Washington, the Wright Brothers, and other notable historical figures.

To give you some sense of the egomania on display here, it starts with the line, "Every great achievement in human history has started with one person. One crazy idea."

Bonus amusement: this unfathomably egomaniacal video is preceded by Glenn Beck shilling for Goldline -- and a Goldline banner ad pops up during the video as well. That's just the sort of hucksterism the Founding Fathers were known for.

27 Aug 2010 16:43 #19 by Scruffy
I heard Goldline is giving Sarah a gold "bumpit" for her hair.

27 Aug 2010 16:51 #20 by Wayne Harrison
I'm trying to imagine what the response would be among conservatives if, say, Barack Obama's campaign in 2008 had tried to do something similar. Imagine if the campaign had organized an event at the Lincoln Memorial on the anniversary of the "I Have A Dream" speech, and then released a video comparing the Obama-led effort to the Founding Fathers, the Moon landing, the civil rights movement, and the invention of airplanes.

Imagine if that same Obama campaign video told viewers, "It's time to restore America. Restore the world. It's time to believe again."

The right would consider this egomania on an unhealthy level, and they'd be right.

And yet, here we are, with Beck, Palin, and 300,000 zealots showing up in D.C. on Saturday.

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/archiv ... 025394.php

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds