Glenn Beck Hosts Rally on Anniversary of MLK "Dream" Speech.

27 Aug 2010 15:39 #1 by FredHayek
At the same site. Think this was an accident or Beck chose the date and location on purpose.

I am going to say it was an accident and I don't think he needs to move it to a different date or location.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Aug 2010 15:42 #2 by AspenValley
I don't think it was an accident but I don't think he should "have" to move it.

It would be nice if there was a lot less cloak and dagger and let's just pretend none of this means what it seems to mean crap going on with these guys though.

They really aren't fooling anyone but themselves.

27 Aug 2010 15:47 #3 by Wayne Harrison
Besides the date, the location, the march and the threat of assassination, Glenn Beck's rally has nothing to do with Martin Luther King Jr. Funny stuff.

[cr:3hbkls5r] www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report...-26-2010/glenn-livid [/cr:3hbkls5r]

27 Aug 2010 15:49 - 27 Aug 2010 15:50 #4 by outdoor338
AV, actually he did make a mistake, I heard him tell his audience last week..Al Sharpton called him on it, and I agree with you..it should stay..why Sharpton thinks the world should stop on 8/28 is beyond me..Kings speech is living well..

27 Aug 2010 15:49 #5 by Scruffy
Glenn Beck is just an entertainer, but he's not an idiot. I'm sure he knew the significance of the day before he scheduled his rally.

It's too bad some people take his rhetoric seriously.

27 Aug 2010 15:53 #6 by AspenValley

outdoor338 wrote: AV, actually he did make a mistake, I heard him tell his audience last week..Al Sharpton called him on it, and I agree with you..it should stay..why Sharpton thinks the world should stop on 8/28 is beyond me..

Sorry, but I don't have as much faith in his veracity as you seem to have. Just because he admitted to a "mistake" a week before the event doesn't mean he didn't know exactly what he was doing by planning it for that date AND place.

I still don't think he should have to move it but again, I don't think this is fooling anyone, either. It's all part of the schtick.

27 Aug 2010 15:56 #7 by outdoor338
Here ya go scruffy..this will clear things up for you..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ei0ppG9kLU

27 Aug 2010 15:57 #8 by outdoor338
don't agree with you..I think its an honest mistake..we all make them!

27 Aug 2010 16:02 #9 by Scruffy

outdoor338 wrote: Here ya go scruffy..this will clear things up for you..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ei0ppG9kLU

What do you do all day? Sit around and watch youtube videos? You post more youtube links than anyone I know.

Sorry, I'm not going to be able to watch your clip. I can't watch videos here.

27 Aug 2010 16:04 #10 by AspenValley

outdoor338 wrote: don't agree with you..I think its an honest mistake..we all make them!

You can (and will) believe what you want to believe.

But I have a little experience about what it takes to put on events of this size and there is simply NO FREAKING WAY someone on his staff wouldn't have been informed of the historic significance of both the day and the site. These events call for a LOT of research and planning.

It is simply impossible to "blunder into" something like this. Yes, we all make honest mistakes, but there is nothing honest about asking us to believe that this is one.

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds