Glenn Beck Hosts Rally on Anniversary of MLK "Dream" Speech.

28 Aug 2010 09:34 #61 by AspenValley

outdoor338 wrote: AV, you choose to say.."if beck's doing it, I am against it" (sorry JMC). You can't possible agree there could have been a mistake on the date beck picked..me, been in way to many planning events, to see some thing like this happen, and it does! We disagree, that's ok..I have no problem with that.

I'll grant there is a POSSIBILITY of an "honest mistake". After all, maybe it wouldn't be THAT surprising that Beck and his whole staff would just overlook the connotations of BOTH a place and time that is so important to black history.

Happy now?

It really cracks me up how willing you are to be played by this guy. Using controversy as publicity is mother's milk to media mavens like him. Controversy gets him more press. I doubt he has ever overlooked the chance to create a stir in his life. But you believe that THIS time, it was all just an "honest mistake"?

I have to ask, why are you so invested in insisting he must be truthful? Would it rock your worldview to know he wasn't?

From my point of view, it's simply a matter of likelihood. And that he could be telling the truth in this matter just doesn't seem likely when one looks at the whole picture, including the possibilities of creating "buzz" about the event by choosing such a place and time and then denying it was deliberate. It's Guerilla Marketing 101 stuff. And Beck is nothing if not a masterful marketer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Aug 2010 09:43 #62 by The Viking
But the Tea Party, whether you guys like it or not is for restoring power and control to the people. You can say they are all right wingers i f you like but what they stand for is very moderate and what the majority of Americans want is they would just get past the D and R. That is why you have Many Independents and more and more Dems joining the Tea Party. They are looking at the substance of what they stand for instead of the D and R and they realize it is what they have been arguing for all along. The problem is that in this partisan era, one party is afraid to give the other party credit for anything for fear they may take over more power and thus affect their far left or right agendas. When in fact more than 97% of the issues we all agree on. That is what the Tea Party stands for, those 97%. But if they don't agree with you on a few things in that 3%, then you would rather cut them down and stick with your party which right now on both sides is probably against you on over 70% of the things you don't agree with, but aren't quite as important to you.

We finally have a group that is working with ALL of America and for ALL Americans and the Constitution. But the far extremes are afraid to lose their 3%. Like abortion on both sides, or religion which is a very polarizing issue, or gay rights. If you take out the far left and right issues, then you will find we all have very common ground and that is what the Tea Party stands for and what this rally is all about. It is trying to make us realize that we have so much common ground, but we keep fighting for that small 3%.

We live in the greatest nation on earth and a good example is that we live in the Garden of Eden. We have all we could ever want and need. But there is that one tree in the middle that we should all stay away from focusing on. That tree contains very heated issues that will continue to divide us grow on that tree. But instead of enjoying this great nation and all it has to offer, we fight for that one tree. God gave us free will to choose. We can enjoy the 97% that we all agree on or we can fight over that small 3%. Satan (Big Government) just sits back and watches and tempts us into wanting that tree and those 3% so we will divide and give them more power without us even realizing that it is happening.

Those few issues are important to us, but as we eat from that tree it blinds us to all of the other good we have to share. It opens our eyes to a hatred for each other because we cannot agree on those few small issues. So we block out everything else and now those who we agree with on 95% of the issues are our enemies because that tree told us they are because they don't want the exact same fruits that we do. That is wrong. That is what the Tea Party and Glenn Beck are trying to open our eyes to. That we have let that tree of a few issues take over our lives and so we let the Big government, (Satan) win and take all our money and spend it as it pleases and take more and more control of us as we fight over a few issues that may be important to us but not to the point where we put them above the greater good of this Country and each other. That 5% should not divide us from fighting for the 95% we agree on. We have one common enemy. The out of control big government. They serve a purpose but we all agree that they need to be stopped and have it go back to the way our founding Fathers intended for it to be.

Gotta run. will write more later.

28 Aug 2010 09:53 #63 by Wayne Harrison
It's on CSPAN for those who want to watch.

It's kinda funny: all black entertainers on the stage and all white people in the audience.

28 Aug 2010 09:55 #64 by The Viking

28 Aug 2010 10:21 #65 by Wayne Harrison
I lost my bet on when he'd cry. It was more like 12 minutes in.

28 Aug 2010 10:23 #66 by The Dude

outdoor338 wrote: dude...just for you!

Why Martin Luther King Was Republican
http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=16500

MLK Was A Republican
http://www.nbra.info/MLKWasARepublican

Was Martin Luther King a Republican?
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 336AAf5iTg

I am wondering if you actually read any of the links you posted?? I believe as stated in your links that today he would not stand by the republican party!!

28 Aug 2010 10:41 #67 by outdoor338
dude, I read them, I don't have a problem with both sides being posted, and they were good reads, would have done more..but painting the house today! Have a good one!

28 Aug 2010 10:47 #68 by The Dude
Here is a good link I think many of you need to read

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201008250037

28 Aug 2010 10:59 #69 by Photo-fish
A Tea Party group that calls themselves the Maine Refounders, who are also promoting the Beck Rally on their website, have listed some safety tips while visiting our Nations Capitol.

“Most taxi drivers and many waiters/waitresses (especially in local coffee shops like the Bread and Chocolate chain) are immigrants, frequently from east Africa or Arab countries. As a rule, African immigrants do not like for you to assume they are African Americans and especially do not like for you to guess they are from a neighboring country (e.g. Eritrea, Ethiopia, Somalia) with whom they may have political or military tensions. It's rare to meet anyone who gets really offended, but you can still be aware of the issue.”

“Many parts of DC are safe beyond the areas I will list here, but why chance it if you don't know where you are?”

They also list the home address’s of Democrats in DC such as Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid and others. Just in case you want to stop on by and let them know that the Circus is in town.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

28 Aug 2010 11:20 #70 by LadyJazzer

Wayne Harrison wrote: I lost my bet on when he'd cry. It was more like 12 minutes in.

I took 17 mins, 10 secs in the pool... Sounds like I won...

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds