Glenn Beck Hosts Rally on Anniversary of MLK "Dream" Speech.

27 Aug 2010 18:36 - 27 Aug 2010 18:41 #41 by Photo-fish
Got you down.

Sorry Wayne, 2 min would be too pathetic.

You could always pull a VL and say "I told you so".

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Aug 2010 18:37 #42 by Wayne Harrison
Sorry, Outdoor. I wouldn't honor a man's legacy with a barbecue.

I'll meet you at the MLK Marade in Denver next January, instead.

27 Aug 2010 18:38 #43 by outdoor338
well scruffy, I could have fun with your post...but..time to go to dinner, not sure how we ended up in here, I have no clue who that happened. I never started a new thread..anyway, cyberland..

27 Aug 2010 18:43 #44 by outdoor338
Oh..so you will be at home doing nothing..wow...interesting. I honor MLK all the time, not just on the 28th, a BBQ in his honor would be very nice, unless you think that's disrespectful...then don't do it...me, I am OK with it, and many others will be doing it too!

27 Aug 2010 18:44 #45 by AspenValley

outdoor338 wrote: AV..you would be surprised, how many writers use youtube for references in their books. I am lucky that I get to look at youtube with my job..kinda fun. Doubt all you want..you and I disagree big time..I think your very nieve if you think major mistakes are not made in major events with the media present! Remember Kennedy's question from a moderator at a major debate, "Mr. Kennedy, why do you want to be president." that was a major event with his staff, covered by the media. How many examples do you need? I can give you plenty of them if you wish. On the other hand, maybe the events you managed or helped at went perfect. Good for you...I wonder how involved you were, if you didn't have any mistakes. At the top you see all of them after the fact. People tell you, people complain, are upset..and you can't plan for everything that happens, people are very unpredictable, say things they shouldn't..the media picks them up. So, your saying these kinda of things don't happen when events are planned? Interesting...I think you should hire yourself out, maybe bennet could use your help...

LOL, you think his timing was an "honest mistake" and you are calling ME "naive"! rofllol (Hope you don't mind me correcting your spelling there, pardner....)

By the way, now he's not calling it a "mistake", now he's calling it "Divine Providence"!!!!!

I think I just went from the eye-rolling stage to the vomiting stage.

But regarding planning large events...well, you are absolutely right about one thing, they never go "perfectly". Which is why if you are responsible for even a little bit of the planning that you bust butt doing your due diligence to make sure it won't go down the tubes over something incredibly, obviously, stupid.

And there is just no way you can tell me that NONE of the probably scores of people planning this event, both on Beck's staff and on the staff of those who manage the venue, NOT ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE whose OWN BUTTS were on the line put two and two together and figured out.....oh gee.....hmmmmm....something as obvious as this? If you try again to tell me that in fact, I am just going to bust a kidney laughing, because you are either incredibly gullible or think the rest of us are to even ask us to swallow anything so beyond ludicrous.

I'll say this for the guy, though, he sure has a lot of people completely mesmerized with his stage show. I look forward with interest to seeing the "miracles" he has planned for tomorrow.

27 Aug 2010 18:46 #46 by Wayne Harrison
But remember, he's a few steps "below' where King stood, so it's not the same....

27 Aug 2010 19:15 #47 by AspenValley

Scruffy wrote:
I have a dream that one day Glenn Beck will headline a rally like his “restore honor” to America rally scheduled on the anniversary of Martin Luther King’s “I Have A Dream Speech” … and nobody will show up.

Well, one thing that might be useful about is is you can pretty much tell that anyone who does show up is someone you could probably sell swampland in Florida to....just so long as you convinced them that God wanted them to.

27 Aug 2010 19:19 #48 by LadyJazzer
...or overpriced gold...

27 Aug 2010 21:49 #49 by outdoor338
AV, the best laid out plans have possibilities of mistakes and failures. I don't think your an idiot and can't believe an oversight can't happen, they do! They happen in all kinds of events. They happen in war (civil war, Gettysburg), politics (Mr. Kennedy, why do you want to be president?), finances (fanny & freddy), personal lives (this is a long list), they simply do happen...so don't give me your garbage, that Beck can't have it happen to him! Funny..It did..by the way, how much land in Florida do you own, apparently quite a bit. Next, I expect you will be trying to sell everyone one of your bridges!

27 Aug 2010 22:21 #50 by Blazer Bob

LadyJazzer wrote: I love it that the Right-wing says that building a community center near (NOT ON) Ground-zero is "inappropriate", but they have no problem with a wingnut holding an anti-MLK rally ON the same location and ON the same date as MLK. They're probably too dumb to even understand the implications...as well as the difference between the two.

I had no idea it was going to be an anti-MLK rally. That's outrageous.
I hope you are writing letters to all the major newspapers to alert them to this fact.

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds