Your all fanatics they said. ?MUTED?--Referendum 5A

07 Oct 2010 21:16 #11 by jf1acai
I have asked before, and I will ask again....

does anyone have a translator to turn that into something intelligible?

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Oct 2010 21:47 #12 by Tilt
jf1aic---show the people what you learned in kindergarten
today. What do you like about the Ref5A in Park county
being your not a citizen of that county. Tell us anyway, please. :crossed:

:pop you may begin now----

08 Oct 2010 07:52 #13 by jf1acai
I know nothing about this issue beyond what is stated on the sample ballot at http://www.parkco.us/DocumentView.aspx?DID=422

But, since you asked, my first question is who/what is the Center of Colorado Water Conservancy District? A quick google search did not produce any useful information.

What is the relationship which allows Park County voters to authorize or deny 5A?

What, if any, is the relationship between the Center of Colorado Water Conservancy District and the issue regarding the ball fields?

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

08 Oct 2010 08:17 #14 by BearMtnHIB

But, since you asked, my first question is who/what is the Center of Colorado Water Conservancy District? A quick google search did not produce any useful information.

What is the relationship which allows Park County voters to authorize or deny 5A?

These are the questions that need to be clarified. I do not live in Park co - but if I did I would want to know why this water district needs more storage facilities - paid for by taxpayers.

Most park co residents are on wells - and therefor have no need for storage facilities. Will these storage facilities be used to support developers trying to build high-density housing projects that require municipal water supplies? Where will this water go? Will it be used in Park co?

If I lived there, I would want to know!

08 Oct 2010 09:00 #15 by Tilt
Who are they???? They? are people who want money to go on a
spending spree. To obligate and approve/cosign loans so they
can go on a spending spree like the Park County Water Board.
The people say nothing as they spend our water fight tax money on their little pet projects. Will Ref5A win --of course.

Play some banjo music in the background on vote day and the people
will try for Gotcha #4 day. #1 was the double tax for the school district #2-was the fire dept spending bill, when state statutes
say our county was entitled to the service anyway.#3-when the
county actors said the infrastructure #1 priority and the groupies
voted them in.#4-REF5A
us-Mute yourselves? or??. Please note-last I looked about a year
ago.. attorney Jim is/was a partner of Jim Felt, Colorados top
water attorney. Wow BOCC has so much money to spend on top water attorneys.
Who will they hire for their 5million dollar Patriot Act like bunker, how
many millions to pave CR68 with tax money-to improve the value of their/friends properties along said forestry road(Lake Wellington).
Whats in it for them anyway. And if a citizen gets an injunction what top Colorado attorney will they hire to fight that for them??
Dave Broughman? or Joe Scheidler? Amazing about those 3,
They(Felt,Broughman,Scheidler)are all Vietnam veterans. And
it was a county actor who said in a court case that the
defendant a Vietnam veteran(case #09M93) appears to be a serial killer like other war vets. After that was said BOCC themselves
into a frenzy-BOCC armed themselves(Flume 5/09). :VeryScared:
Sarcastichumor--too bad that guy won his case. County could had used(precedent)
that Constitutional abuse case-to fill the county jail with citizens?
who dare question(s)their policies. rofllol rofllol rofllol rofllol

08 Oct 2010 15:25 #16 by Jim Culichia
Good afternoon everyone and thanks for all of the questions about Referendum 5A, what is the Center of Colorado Water Conservancy District and who am I.

First, my name is Jim Culichia and Tilt's research is correct - I am a water rights attorney in Colorado Springs. I work with Jim Felt (since 1984) and our firm's name is Felt Monson & Culichia. I have represented Center of Colorado since 1999. We do not and have never represented Park County. I mentioned my being an attorney and representing the Center of Colorado up front in my previous posting so that you all would know up front who I am.

Center of Colorado was formed in 1997 by vote of the citizens of Park County. Center was originally formed as part of the fight against the Park County Sportsmen's Ranch project in South Park. Center of Colorado was a key player in the defeat of that project. Center of Colorado is not affiliated with Park County nor am I.

Center of Colorado is a public entity and it has an office in Fairplay. It has monthly board meetings at 6:30 PM on the first Wednesday of every month at 548 Front Street in Fairplay. Public participation is most welcome.

The citizens voted to fund Center with a one mil property tax in 1997. That one mil tax is still in place and has never been raised.

Center of Colorado is very active in defending against water claims that have no benefit to the people of Park County like the current case I mentioned in yesterday's posting. It will be active in opposing the proposed uranium mining operation near Hartsel if that project rears its head again. Recently, Center of Colorado and the Upper South Platte Water Conservancy District joined together to create a county-wide plan for augmentation which allows property owners and businesses to acquire a water supply for augmentation of water uses on their properties. For example, if you live on a lot in subdivision with an in-house use only well, you can buy a share of water that would allow the well to be used for horses, irrigation of a lawn or garden or for a small pond. If you need water for a commercial enterprise or a bed and breakfast, the Districts have the water available. The water rights have been preadjudicated in water court so the property owner does not have to go to the expense of buying a water right and hiring lawyers and engineers to go to water court on their own.

In order to implement that county-wide augmentation plan, the districts need storage facilities since most of the water rights they own are summer/irrigation season water rights and the law requires that augmentation water be released year round. Construction of even a small storage reservoir can cost a significant amount of money. That is why Center of Colorado is asking your permission to be able to borrow money to pay the construction costs of these various facilities over time but it wants to do so by living within its existing revenues and without raising taxes.

Re the Vern Wagner cattle battle, Center of Colorado opposed a water court application by Mr. Wagner in which he sought to adjudicate water rights over thousands of acres south of Hartsel that he did not own or lease. I don't know about anything of value under the land but Center of Colorado opposes Mr. Wagner because it does not believe he has a legal right to appropriate water rights on land that he does not own or lease and the District believed that it sets a dangerous precendent to allow a water right to be claimed in such a manner.

Re BearMtnHIB's question about what is the relationship that allows voters to authorize or deny 5A. The answer is that TABOR (the Taxpayer's Bill of Rights) does not allow Center of Colorado to borrow money absent a vote of the citizens. That is why Center of Colorado is asking your permission now to borrow money so that it can acquire the water and build the storage facilities necessary to keep Park County's water in Park County.

I hope this helps answer some of your questions.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need additional information.

Thanks

Jim Culichia

08 Oct 2010 15:49 #17 by Jim Culichia
Good afternoon everyone. I have posted a couple of comments in this area in response to questions about Referendum 5A so I thought it may be good idea to start a new entry specifically on Referendum 5A.

First, my name is Jim Culichia and I am a water rights attorney in Colorado Springs. My firm's name is Felt Monson & Culichia. I have represented Center of Colorado since 1998. We do not and have never represented Park County.

Center of Colorado is a water conservancy district and it was formed in 1997 by vote of the citizens of Park County. Center was originally formed as part of the fight against the Park County Sportsmen's Ranch project in South Park. Center of Colorado was a key player in the defeat of that project. Center of Colorado is not affiliated with nor is it funded by Park County government nor am I.

Center of Colorado is a public entity and it has an office in Fairplay. It has monthly board meetings at 6:30 PM on the first Wednesday of every month at 548 Front Street in Fairplay. Public participation is most welcome.

The citizens voted to fund Center with a one mil property tax in 1997. That one mil tax is still in place and has never been raised.

Center of Colorado is very active in defending against water claims that have no benefit to the people of Park County like the current claim by a Denver water developer to claim the water out of the tunnel near the top of Mt Sherman on Fourmile Creek. It will be active in opposing the proposed uranium mining operation near Hartsel if that project rears its head again.

Recently, Center of Colorado and the Upper South Platte Water Conservancy District joined together to create a county-wide plan for augmentation which allows property owners and businesses to acquire a water supply for augmentation of water uses on their properties. For example, if you live on a lot in subdivision with an in-house use only well, you can buy a share of water that would allow the well to be used for horses, irrigation of a lawn or garden or for a small pond. If you need water for a commercial enterprise or a bed and breakfast, the Districts have the water available. The water rights have been preadjudicated in water court so the property owner does not have to go to the expense of buying a water right and hiring lawyers and engineers to go to water court on their own.

In order to implement that county-wide augmentation plan, the districts need storage facilities since most of the water rights they own are summer/irrigation season water rights and the law requires that augmentation water be released year round. Construction of even a small storage reservoir can cost a significant amount of money. That is why Center of Colorado is asking your permission to be able to borrow money to pay the construction costs of these various facilities over time but it wants to do so by living within its existing revenues and without raising taxes.

I hope this helps answer some of your questions.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need additional information.

Thanks

Jim Culichia

08 Oct 2010 16:04 #18 by Nmysys
With all due respect sir, the one mil levy has never proven to provide any benefit to us the taxpayers.

08 Oct 2010 16:07 #19 by JMC
I would like to know how the mil levy has been spent and what the benefits were to Park County residents, I truly know very little about this issue. I would like to have more info, thanks for posting Jim

08 Oct 2010 16:16 #20 by Nmysys
Apparently, he will have to do his research and prepare a statement for us JMC.

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds