To you very few remaining Maes supporters

13 Oct 2010 16:59 #61 by The Viking

archer wrote: I'm not unhappy when there are checks and balances in the gov't....I think that is healthy. My problem is what we are checking with.....I would rather the Republicans that are voted in be a little less extreme in their apparent ideologies....and I'm not talking about taxes, spending, or reducing the size of gov't. I fear some of the current crop of tea party Republicans are holding some pretty off the wall opinions about abortion, SS, medicare, education, infrastructure etc. I hope the more moderate Republicans can curtail their enthusiasm for taking down what has taken years to achieve, often over violent protests. But please.....don't mess with SS or medicare, it's what keeps many of my friends and relatives out of the proverbial poor house. For us, it's a nice addition to our income, and medicare alone is going to save us nearly $700/month compared to what I am paying for health insurance now just for me. It has been a struggle to pay that being retired. My husband retired at 65, I retired early for health reasons and a few other considerations....but the cost of medical care has bankrupted more than one couple in our circumstances.

But it was your Democrats that voted in a healthcare bill that is set to cut $500 billion in Medicare. It is the Republicans fighting for you to reverse this bill. So the Dems are the extremists in that issue.

So we see the Dems are the extremists hurting Medicare, so please, other than abortion which we know both sides will never agree on, can you tell me what all the 'extreme' rhetoric is about? Where are they extreme with their education and infrastruture ideas? Those are all just talking points and I have yet to see details as to what ideas they have that will hurt.

And by the way thanks for actually debating and not being like LJ, who keeps pasting the same stats over and over and making stupid unproductive comments that just prove my point.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Oct 2010 17:12 #62 by LadyJazzer

The Viking wrote: And by the way thanks for actually debating and not being like LJ, who keeps pasting the same stats over and over and making stupid unproductive comments that just prove my point.

My stats proved you wrong...again... But thanks for playing.

13 Oct 2010 17:29 #63 by archer
Please viking, you know better than to pull out that tired....and erroneous....criticism about the health care bill and medicare. The 500 million is coming partly from the elimination of fraud, which by my lights is a very good thing, and from changes to the, medicare advantage programs that have long been a source of too much revenue to Insurance Companies. My husband had one of those plans originally, till we found out that while medicare paid 80% of a $400 hospital procedure, the advantage plan charged us $250 for that procedure and pocketed the rest from medicare. If he had straight medicare he would have paid only $80. Those abuses had to stop. We are now with a supplement plan. Advantage plans have been fleecing medicare for years. You have to admit there is plenty of room for improvement in medicare and that will be good for the bottom line and for seniors.

13 Oct 2010 17:36 #64 by The Viking

archer wrote: Please viking, you know better than to pull out that tired....and erroneous....criticism about the health care bill and medicare. The 500 million is coming partly from the elimination of fraud, which by my lights is a very good thing, and from changes to the, medicare advantage programs that have long been a source of too much revenue to Insurance Companies. My husband had one of those plans originally, till we found out that while medicare paid 80% of a $400 hospital procedure, the advantage plan charged us $250 for that procedure and pocketed the rest from medicare. If he had straight medicare he would have paid only $80. Those abuses had to stop. We are now with a supplement plan. Advantage plans have been fleecing medicare for years. You have to admit there is plenty of room for improvement in medicare and that will be good for the bottom line and for seniors.

That didn't answer my question though about how they are extreme with Education, and infrastructure.

13 Oct 2010 17:38 #65 by The Viking

LadyJazzer wrote:

The Viking wrote: And by the way thanks for actually debating and not being like LJ, who keeps pasting the same stats over and over and making stupid unproductive comments that just prove my point.

Your stats only work on the uneducated. The rest of us know that congress is in charge of where our economy 10 times more than the President. And you have proved that when the Republicans are in control of congress our economy is a lot healthier and stronger. Thanks again for the stats. :thumbsup:

13 Oct 2010 17:39 - 13 Oct 2010 17:42 #66 by The Viking

LadyJazzer wrote:

You still think Clinton wrote all the bills that created the 23 million jobs when the Republicans were in control of congress!!! rofllol You are so cute!!! rofllol

13 Oct 2010 17:40 #67 by LadyJazzer

The Viking wrote: Thanks again for the stats.

You're welcome... Sorry they didn't work out for you.

13 Oct 2010 18:09 #68 by archer
Sharon Angle, Nevada

She has said she wants to shut down the Department of Education to help balance the budget and make education a local responsibility.
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/2010_Ele ... d=11718607

Imagine the caos if the Dept of Education was shut down.....I don't argue that it needs an overhaul, but education cannot be just a local issue as our nation falls further and further behind other nations and our poorer states lack some of the barest essentials of education for their children.

I haven't heard any of the tea party candidates support Obama's plan to put money into our failing infrastructure.......and the jobs that would create.

13 Oct 2010 19:43 #69 by Nmysys
Every post you make Archer, you have something about the Tea Party people in it. You really read the mainstream media and watch the Daily Show and Steven Colbert a lot, and oh yeah David Letterman and Bill Maher. You repeat these things without any knowledge at all. Have some more :Koolaid:

13 Oct 2010 20:01 #70 by archer

Nmysys wrote: Every post you make Archer, you have something about the Tea Party people in it. You really read the mainstream media and watch the Daily Show and Steven Colbert a lot, and oh yeah David Letterman and Bill Maher. You repeat these things without any knowledge at all. Have some more :Koolaid:

Once again you show your ignorance......I have never watched those shows, I rarely watch any TV.......I'll put my knowledge up against your parroting any day. Now i would suggest you find some other pasttime if you are unwilling to debate but just want to bash liberals.

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds