285bound.com Presidential Election Poll

29 Oct 2010 12:44 #111 by ScienceChic

Vice Lord wrote:

JMC wrote: Neck and neck. I'd like to hear what they will do to make the members have a better life on 285bound.

I have so many ideas, you just wouldn't believe it. I want to have 285bound nights at Sweet Fanny Adams were the first $500 of drinks for certified members are on me, 285bound nights at Golden Chopsticks were members get 15% off of a sweet n sour chicken, or chicken almendine entree (1 entree per member, not to be combined with any other offers). I'll negotiate with Cruz inn to give members 10% off the best Take n Bake along the corridor with one extra topping free. I'll host bowling nights at crossroads were pitchers of Miller Lite will be on me for certified members, and if any member beats me they win $250 cash money. I'll negotiate a deal with Caregiver Ron to reduce his prices by between 20-30% for members. I know a bookmaker that will give nickle lines for certified 285 members saving people 5% on the vigorish, and I will print up classy membership cards for members to be used at many area business to recieve gifts, discounts and be involved in special promotions. I'd make a big donation to the new sheriff so that when you flash the 285membership card you'll be extended all the considerations allowed by the law from the officer..That means you'll get a warning rather than a ticket. I'll host a yearly Bar B Q contest, all you can eat for $2.85 cents! I'll get 3 margaritas to name a burrito after me..The Vice Lord, it will be stuffed with all the freshest and best imported ingrediants and be offered at a reduced price for certified members...JJ madwells with have secret 285bound portions, it wont be on the menu or be available to the general public..Just flash you card for bigger portions..I've got so mamy ideas its not funny

I don't have any diapers to change, or toddlers to feed so all my time will be devoted to the job..I'll work like a dog for the membership

While VL certainly adds to the entertainment value of this site, and is invaluable and irreplaceable in that regards, I highly doubt he'd actually fulfill this campaign promise as he's stated before that his wife is afraid for him to meet any of us for fear of us harming him. Now if he can convince her otherwise, and we'd LOVE to meet her :thumbsup: , until he can even attend a public 285 function, this is questionable.

I do love to get together with everyone for lunches, dinners, happy hours, whatever! I've scheduled a Partylite candle party at my house for next month for all the ladies who want to come down - free food and wine, no obligation to purchase anything just come and have fun and socialize! I would love to help organize a Christmas get-together and will pitch in with community service projects that come up. And of course, I'm open to suggestions for improving the site, with additional threads, etc and can help implement them more quickly with the Powers That Be! I am a huge contributor to the Bound To Be Entertaining thread that was suggested and added to the site and will do the same with other good ideas!
If anyone has problems with posting, or a poster, on 285Bound, I will do my best myself to help, or direct them to the appropriate person who can help. As these are some of the perks of the job:

1 'get out of Q free' card
1 'put anybody in Q for 24 hours' card
Optional, personal thread for 1 year
1 year ban free card
1 delete a post privilege
At the annual 285bound.com picnic the president gets waited on hand and foot by the owners of the site.

I'd respectfully suggest that I am the more responsible, mature party to handle such authority.

CinnamonGirl wrote: I already make 285bound better every day. :file: You don't want me to stop do ya. :wink:

Yes you do and thank you for that! (But I also know you aren't going anywhere, so your empty threat doesn't scare me!) lol

Photo-fish wrote: I'm still on the fence.
I have met both SC and Viking. They are alright with me, political leanings aside. I have never met VL or CG, but CG has shown that she is a die hard Packer fan and the world needs weirdos like VL.

I'd like to hear of each others stand on the current issues facing 285Bound.

Let me repost my campaign pledge and see if that answers some of your questions. One issue I know of is to increase 285Bounds' exposure in the community and Communities Bound concept nationally. If there any other issues you have that you wish to discuss, I'd be more than happy to hear of them! Then we can go about looking for solutions!

SC wrote:
A huge Thank You to my worthy opponent, Vice Lord, for the eloquent endorsement of my abilities, and deep concern for the welfare of my family. His consideration is very touching and I appreciate his efforts to spare my family any misery at the loss of my time! However, those worries are quite unnecessary.

Becky wished to know what us candidates would do for 285Bound: here is my plan. Throughout my history on this site, I have been known for adding well-reasoned, objective, impartial, educational, sometimes sarcastic, and sometimes funny posts. I call people on questionable sources without attacking the poster, and I stand up for my beliefs while accepting my mistakes with grace and humility. You won’t find a candidate with greater integrity or more honesty, sincerity, or effort to improve this site and its participants. I pledge to continue my level of posting while treating all deserving participants with respect and dignity, and will not abuse the powers vested in me with your vote. I am open to discussion, dialog, suggestions, and questions at any time.

Locally: I am researching the feasibility of purchasing and running [url=http://www.LakewoodBound.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.LakewoodBound.com[/url] in order to strengthen and expand the Communities Bound concept and hope to run it as well as this site has been run. I will share my experiences participating in this type of forum with friends in other cities and describe the benefits it provides. I see the Communities Bound model expanding nationally over the next several years as it fulfills an important, and largely unmet, need: democracies thrive on open, unbiased communication.

Nationally: I am endeavoring to get my blog, [url=http://www.ScienceChic.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.ScienceChic.com[/url], off the ground and hopefully, if deemed worthy, included in the nationally recognized [url=http://scienceblogs.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://scienceblogs.com[/url] website. I will link this site onto mine as I strongly believe that the improvement of our nation must be built with improved communication between its citizens, especially between neighbors, and with better informed citizens. From my own personal experience I can truly say that participating in community forums has made me a more educated and well-rounded thinker. I have been made aware of opinions and news that I would not have considered if not for those who hold differing beliefs from mine and I hold in high regard this experience/adventure!

I believe I have already demonstrated a very consistent, reliable effort in participating in, and supporting, this site, despite being a mother to two beautiful children and very lucky wife to a fantastic, understanding man, and will continue to do so. I too have an active account with 285freetalk, as well as Pinecam, and good relationships with the members of each site and can bridge communication between both if necessary. I’m not sure that will be needed as I will work tirelessly to make this site the best, and primary go-to site, of the area!

I have demonstrated more moderate liberalism and a more open willingness to listen to, and accept, all sides of a discussion. My running mate, The Viking, is quite the opposite of me, yet I respect his opinions, without sacrificing my own beliefs, and he will provide great balance in important decisions. He is the best choice if you want two leaders who will work hard for the good of 285Bound, not for our own partisan agenda. We are both young and healthy so there are no expectations of keeling over and not fulfilling our duties to you, our constituents!

So I ask you all to vote for me as your humble representative. Viking and I won’t let you down!

Namaste

Vice Lord wrote: Theres no way this is legitimate...If I lose because of cheating I'll leave and i'll never ever come back..I'll return to freetalk and I won't be speaking too highly of the people here. I swear. If I lose i'm leaving!

That'l be it

What? You'd quit when the going starts getting a little tough? The VL I know and love is much better than that; it would certainly be a loss for 285Bound if you left and I hope you are stronger than that!

No matter how this election turns out, I love this site and the people on it! I'll be here adding to it as long as I'm able and as long as y'all want me!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Oct 2010 12:49 #112 by JMC
SC, if you open Lakewoodbound.com you have my vote!

29 Oct 2010 12:51 #113 by The Viking
You are awesome SC!! I am honored to be on the ticket with you! And looks like 2 more votes. We broke the 50% mark and still growing!!!

29 Oct 2010 12:53 #114 by The Viking

JMC wrote: SC, if you open Lakewoodbound.com you have my vote!

I don't want her leaving here! And she is by far the superior candidate against VL, and she shares your beliefs so I hope she doesnt' have to bribe you for your vote.

29 Oct 2010 12:54 #115 by The Viking

CinnamonGirl wrote:

Vice Lord wrote: CG! I'll be back...Just hold on, try not to show any chinks (no offence to any chineses voters out there) in the amour. Mantain your composure. I gotta plan

Just promise not to break anything with a baseball bat. :popcorn:

Someone just drove up and kidnapped my dog!!!! :VeryScared: rofllol

29 Oct 2010 12:56 #116 by Nobody that matters

Science Chic wrote: <lots o' words>

I'd like to make the following suggestion: If anyone that just sat down to read SC's entire post (which was a good post BTW) but hasn't yet researched and decided on all their election ballot issues and races to get off the forum and get busy with the voting that's a bit more influential in your everyday life.

Thanks, sorry for the interruption...

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

29 Oct 2010 13:03 #117 by The Viking

Nobody that matters wrote:

I'd like to make the following suggestion: If anyone that just sat down to read SC's entire post (which was a good post BTW) but hasn't yet researched and decided on all their election ballot issues and races to get off the forum and get busy with the voting that's a bit more influential in your everyday life.

I like going in and voting on election day. It adds to the whole experience of it for me. I know which way I am voting on everything.

29 Oct 2010 13:05 #118 by ScienceChic

Nobody that matters wrote:

Amen to that! Thanks NTM!

(And thanks Viking - I'm going to save your posts for later use! Bwaahahaha!)

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

29 Oct 2010 13:17 #119 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic 285bound.com Presidential Election Poll

The Viking wrote:

JMC wrote: SC, if you open Lakewoodbound.com you have my vote!

I don't want her leaving here! And she is by far the superior candidate against VL, and she shares your beliefs so I hope she doesnt' have to bribe you for your vote.

LakeWood!? SHES NOT EVEN FROM HERE!

Are you guys gonna actually elect a carpetbagger for president?..Shouldn't she have to at least live on the 285 corridor!? Where are the birthers now?????

WTF!?

29 Oct 2010 13:19 #120 by Grady
I pretended, I was a democrat and voted twice. :Koolaid: :woo hoo:

Time to create page: 0.262 seconds