Like your lives are gonna change

03 Nov 2010 15:29 #51 by 2wlady
bigot: a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

racist: one who believes that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

You should use "bigot."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Nov 2010 15:31 #52 by Residenttroll returns

03 Nov 2010 21:15 #53 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Like your lives are gonna change

residenttroll wrote: Here's a great plan....

If you are a billionaire...but none of us are..

Privatization, ha..

03 Nov 2010 21:30 #54 by Pony Soldier

residenttroll wrote:

BearMtnHIB wrote: It is I agree. We do have a disproportionate amount of government in Colorado. I expect a full 60% or more of the jobs here are realated to government in one way or another.

Boulder city is the largest welfare state in Colorado when you compute the number of students getting fed backed loans and the number of employees that are government paid. Colorado Springs is a close second and may even surpass Boulder.

Large contingent of federal government employees in Boulder.
Several major government contractors.
Federally backed government loans for the students funds the university.

Colorado as a whole....
http://www.acinet.org/acinet/oview6.asp ... &nodeid=12

Eight of the top 10 ..are federal government or contractors.
Federal government is the largest customer to all of the hospital systems in Colorado

Are you actually saying that students going to school using student loans and government employees are on welfare? Jesus you make conservatives look stupid somtimes.

03 Nov 2010 21:37 #55 by Residenttroll returns

towermonkey wrote:

residenttroll wrote:

BearMtnHIB wrote: It is I agree. We do have a disproportionate amount of government in Colorado. I expect a full 60% or more of the jobs here are realated to government in one way or another.

Boulder city is the largest welfare state in Colorado when you compute the number of students getting fed backed loans and the number of employees that are government paid. Colorado Springs is a close second and may even surpass Boulder.

Large contingent of federal government employees in Boulder.
Several major government contractors.
Federally backed government loans for the students funds the university.

Colorado as a whole....
http://www.acinet.org/acinet/oview6.asp ... &nodeid=12

Eight of the top 10 ..are federal government or contractors.
Federal government is the largest customer to all of the hospital systems in Colorado

Are you actually saying that students going to school using student loans and government employees are on welfare? Jesus you make conservatives look stupid somtimes.

I am not saying the students...I am saying the city of Boulder is a welfare state.
Take the federal funded payrolls and federal back Pell grants and student loans away from Boulder and what do you have? Yes, it's welfare for the city of Boulder. What would happen to the college/universities if the federally back student loans and grants disappeared - do you think they would close or become more efficient?

Boulder is a welfare state. Albuquerque is a welfare state. Colorado Springs is border line welfare state.

05 Nov 2010 10:34 #56 by Local_Historian
Student loan is welfare? Funny, no one has ever had to pay back welfare, yet you sure as hell have to pay back student loans, with a large amount if interest as well.

If federally backed loans and grants disappear, we create a whole new class structure in our society - again. Let's go back to the 1800s, cause life was SOOO good then - not. Yes, those towns will be in deep crap. Yes, a lot of colleges will shut down - the number on the verge across the country right now is astounding. (BTW, you forgot Gunnison and Alamosa and Durango and Fort Collins and Pueblo and Greeley and Glenwood Springs and part of Denver and Grand Junction - all vry reliant on the colleges there, all getting funds for the town, jobs for their people, etc - because the college is there.)

The title of the thread - Like your lives are going to change. Well, I sure as hell hope they do - which is why I voted as I did.

05 Nov 2010 10:45 #57 by BearMtnHIB
The feds should get totally out of student loans. We have banks that are there to loan money.

Colleges charge too much for a good education these days - and part of the reason why is the system of student loans we have today.

I got a good education and an engineering degree without a student loan.

05 Nov 2010 10:55 #58 by LadyJazzer
All they did was eliminate the "unnecessary middle-men", i.e., the banks, who were getting huge amounts of rip-off fees for basically doing nothing but passing the money through. With the middle-man fees gone, more money goes to the students...And the banks have lost a portion of their grease... No wonder they are screaming.

I got a great education too, and I did it without a student loan...But that was "then", and this is "now."

05 Nov 2010 10:59 #59 by BearMtnHIB
Seems like we need to get back to the way it was back "then".

05 Nov 2010 11:06 #60 by LadyJazzer
Yeah, well, keep saving your Confederate money...someday it's bound to be good again...

Bread used to cost 23-cents, and gas cost 17-cents/gallon too... Deal with it.

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds