Idea

28 Nov 2010 18:48 #31 by major bean
Replied by major bean on topic Idea
And then the moderators decide what is pertinent to the thread subject. And what is off topic. This is exactly what happened to PineCam. And don't think that it will not go the path that PineCam went. They have a section that is supposed to be a for strong talk and discussion, but that will get you banned.

This is a very bad idea and is for wussies.

Regards,
Major Bean

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Nov 2010 19:00 #32 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Idea

major bean wrote: And then the moderators decide what is pertinent to the thread subject. And what is off topic. This is exactly what happened to PineCam. And don't think that it will not go the path that PineCam went. They have a section that is supposed to be a for strong talk and discussion, but that will get you banned.

This is a very bad idea and is for wussies.

Only one area , not all. Sounds like a no.

28 Nov 2010 19:02 #33 by daisypusher
Replied by daisypusher on topic Idea
There is no harm trying..... Is there? People are free not to post there.........

28 Nov 2010 19:10 #34 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic Idea

daisypusher wrote: There is no harm trying..... Is there? People are free not to post there.........

I say go for it. See how it goes. But if you start getting a lot of complaints and comparrisons to Pinecam you better shut it down quick. You don't want to be compared to them as that is why many people are over here.

If you start having people comparing you to and saying you are becoming Pinecam, then they will be rolling on hte floor over there saying I told you so and I knew you couldn't do it without Moderation. A slippery slope. But let's see how it goes and if anyone uses it.

28 Nov 2010 19:18 #35 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic Idea
An observation:

Is there any reason to copy 14 paragraphs in order to type a one line answer? Part of the problem of reading threads and getting anything out of it is the result of having to read the quotes of a whole thread, over and over again by those who don't know how to use the quote button.

BTW, my opinion is a no, because it will IMO turn out to be just like Pinecam.

28 Nov 2010 19:28 #36 by JSG
Replied by JSG on topic Idea

benri wrote: Thoughtful, non combative discussion would be refreshing! Perhaps some of the non or light poster contingent on this site might want to engage now & then.

I'd certainly welcome a forum where political discussions could take place without the insults.

The question is, what would you do to offenders?

28 Nov 2010 19:40 #37 by benri
Replied by benri on topic Idea
Major Bean,
If I had a nickel for every time someone mentions Pinecam and their moderators LOL. There are many folks who have never been on Pinecam and the continual comparisons are, quite frankly, boring. It seems as if being banned from that site is some kind of badge of honor. In internet time wasn't that years ago??

Does your no mean you can't or won't entertain serious discussions without name calling? Why can't this site have both? When did civil conversations become WIN or LOSE? Can't the members (adults) self moderate? Why do we need any police?

I would like the OPTION to participate in thoughtful, adult discussion once and while. That does not make me a "wussie".

28 Nov 2010 19:59 #38 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Idea

kneb wrote:

benri wrote: Thoughtful, non combative discussion would be refreshing! Perhaps some of the non or light poster contingent on this site might want to engage now & then.

I'd certainly welcome a forum where political discussions could take place without the insults.

The question is, what would you do to offenders?

285bound.com is not about offenders. We want all discussion. It is just about organization so everyone can utilize what they want.

28 Nov 2010 20:18 #39 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic Idea
I would say give it a try. If we don't try, we don't learn.

It could be interesting!

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

28 Nov 2010 20:57 #40 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Idea
Personally I think it's a slippery slope you don't really want to go down. But in re-reading the first couple of pages I noticed that the more outspoken liberals were singled out for banning (teddy would ban himself but that's another issue) Perhaps what is really wanted, hidden between the lines, is a conservative forum where conservatives can discuss the issues without having to defend themselves to those pesky liberals who keep asking for facts, and sources, and logic. If that is what is wanted, make a conservative room and let them have at it....

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds