The Republicans and America won huge today!!

07 Dec 2010 15:30 #91 by The Viking

archer wrote:

The Viking wrote: Leaving our tax rates the same is SPENDING?? Are you kidding me?? SPENDING IS SPENDING!! Not raising taxes is not spending!! Where did you learn this?

From the economists, spending is spending. Giving away money to others is spending, having more money going out than is coming in....is spending. Spin it however you want, the Republicans just got a huge spending bill. You can call it whatever you want....but the bottom line it is a spending bill with a lot of pork in it for the wealthy.

When did some Americans turn this way? You say that letting people keep the money they earned is giving away money? Serious? Whose money exactly do you think it is? Is all the money you earn the governments or yours? (Please answer that question even if you don't want to answer any others) And considering this bill isn't GIVING anything to anyone, what is your definition of pork? Someone earns $1 million dollars, and you tax them 35%, so you you are saying that the other 65% is pork that you are giving away to them? Isn't it their money to begin with and didn't they earn it? Are you saying Americans are owned by the government?

That is not the America I live in.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Dec 2010 15:35 #92 by dummy up

The Viking wrote:

archer wrote:

The Viking wrote: Leaving our tax rates the same is SPENDING?? Are you kidding me?? SPENDING IS SPENDING!! Not raising taxes is not spending!! Where did you learn this?

From the economists, spending is spending. Giving away money to others is spending, having more money going out than is coming in....is spending. Spin it however you want, the Republicans just got a huge spending bill. You can call it whatever you want....but the bottom line it is a spending bill with a lot of pork in it for the wealthy.

When did some Americans turn this way? You say that letting people keep the money they earned is giving away money? Serious? Whose money exactly do you think it is? Is all the money you earn the governments or yours? (Please answer that question even if you don't want to answer any others) And considering this bill isn't GIVING anything to anyone, what is your definition of pork? Someone earns $1 million dollars, and you tax them 35%, so you you are saying that the other 65% is pork that you are giving away to them? Isn't it their money to begin with and didn't they earn it? Are you saying Americans are owned by the government?

You may be the most naive person left on earth. If you want a true meritocracy, how about a 100% inheritance tax? Let everyone earn their own way. What do you say Dumbo?

07 Dec 2010 15:44 #93 by The Viking

Dummy Up wrote:

The Viking wrote:

archer wrote:

You may be the most naive person left on earth. If you want a true meritocracy, how about a 100% inheritance tax? Let everyone earn their own way. What do you say Dumbo?

Very productive post! No sense at all and name calling. :bash :bash

Typical liberal posts. When you have no argument, start calling names.

07 Dec 2010 16:19 #94 by archer

The Viking wrote: When did some Americans turn this way? You say that letting people keep the money they earned is giving away money? Serious? Whose money exactly do you think it is? Is all the money you earn the governments or yours? (Please answer that question even if you don't want to answer any others) And considering this bill isn't GIVING anything to anyone, what is your definition of pork? Someone earns $1 million dollars, and you tax them 35%, so you you are saying that the other 65% is pork that you are giving away to them? Isn't it their money to begin with and didn't they earn it? Are you saying Americans are owned by the government?

The America you live in requires money to do business.....to support a military, for infrastructure (surely you approve of thos expenditures), and for all numbers of programs that our duly elected representatives have put into place. You may not like all those expendatures, but if you live in this great country you pay for them with your taxes. If you owe taxes, it isn't your money anymore, it belongs to the government. Don't like it? be my guest and find another country that doesn't have taxes.

When the government cuts your taxes, they are spending money they otherwise would have had to fund this nation. No amount of spin changes that....it's spending. And it ain't your money if the governmment doesn't give it back to you. Sheesh, I cannot believe you are so naive as to think that it's your money....what is owed to the gov't is government money....how long have you lived here anyway?

Try not paying your taxes and see how far you get trying to convince the gov't that it is your money and you aren't going to give it to them. You're like a little kid who takes money from his sister then claims it is his money because it is now in his hand.

07 Dec 2010 16:25 #95 by PrintSmith

Something the Dog Said wrote: Here is a breakdown on the costs of the Republican huge win:

extending the Bush tax cuts for two years: $458 billion
unemployment benefits: $56 billion
SS tax break: $120 billion
individual tax credits: $40 billion
Business tax credits: unclear
Estate tax (for estates over $5 million): $88 billion
Spending cuts to offset: $0

http://money.cnn.com/2010/12/07/news/ec ... htm?hpt=T1

Let's break it down even further, shall we?
"Cost" of "lost" revenue by keeping taxes at current rates: $0
Cost of extending unemployment welfare payments insisted upon by Obama: $56 Billion
Cost of Democrat SS tax break, also a "must have" for Obama's signature: $120 Billion
Increased tax revenue from Death Tax: $88 Billion

Total increase in spending required for Obama's signature: $156 Billion
Total increase in revenue from tax increases: $88 Billion
Total unfunded increased spending required for Obama's signature: $70 Billion

I dunno there SDS, it seems like all the increased spending was done as a compromise for Obama's signature to avoid raising income taxes. I'm not necessarily happy with it, but I understand that a compromise involving progressives is going to cost something in the way of increased spending.

07 Dec 2010 16:33 #96 by archer

PrintSmith wrote: Total increase in spending required for Obama's signature: $156 Billion
Total increase in revenue from tax increases: $88 Billion
Total unfunded increased spending required for Obama's signature: $70 Billion

I dunno there SDS, it seems like all the increased spending was done as a compromise for Obama's signature to avoid raising income taxes. I'm not necessarily happy with it, but I understand that a compromise involving progressives is going to cost something in the way of increased spending.

no where do I see the cost of extending the tax cuts to the wealthy enumerated.......that's the cost the Republicans added to this spending bill and it dwarfs what the democrats brought. Or if you don't like the term "spending" consider it as loss of income, the result is the same. The gov't does not have this money to lose.

07 Dec 2010 16:46 #97 by The Viking

archer wrote:

The Viking wrote: When did some Americans turn this way? You say that letting people keep the money they earned is giving away money? Serious? Whose money exactly do you think it is? Is all the money you earn the governments or yours? (Please answer that question even if you don't want to answer any others) And considering this bill isn't GIVING anything to anyone, what is your definition of pork? Someone earns $1 million dollars, and you tax them 35%, so you you are saying that the other 65% is pork that you are giving away to them? Isn't it their money to begin with and didn't they earn it? Are you saying Americans are owned by the government?

The America you live in requires money to do business.....to support a military, for infrastructure (surely you approve of thos expenditures), and for all numbers of programs that our duly elected representatives have put into place. You may not like all those expendatures, but if you live in this great country you pay for them with your taxes. If you owe taxes, it isn't your money anymore, it belongs to the government. Don't like it? be my guest and find another country that doesn't have taxes.

When the government cuts your taxes, they are spending money they otherwise would have had to fund this nation. No amount of spin changes that....it's spending. And it ain't your money if the governmment doesn't give it back to you. Sheesh, I cannot believe you are so naive as to think that it's your money....what is owed to the gov't is government money....how long have you lived here anyway?

Try not paying your taxes and see how far you get trying to convince the gov't that it is your money and you aren't going to give it to them. You're like a little kid who takes money from his sister then claims it is his money because it is now in his hand.

Why are liberals so quick to criticize letting people keep more of their money to invest in America but they are fine with this administration spending more than almost all other Presidents combined on NOTHING productive??

I don't want them wasting my money on Tarp 1,2,and 3, and Cash for clunkers, and Auto bailouts, and bank bailouts, and wall street bailouts, and a failed stimulus that is still sitting somewhere, and a health care plan that even Dems are bailing on. THAT is what needs to stop! Not more taxes to pay for crap!!!

07 Dec 2010 16:49 #98 by The Viking

archer wrote: The America you live in requires money to do business.....to support a military, for infrastructure (surely you approve of thos expenditures), and for all numbers of programs that our duly elected representatives have put into place. You may not like all those expendatures, but if you live in this great country you pay for them with your taxes. If you owe taxes, it isn't your money anymore, it belongs to the government. Don't like it? be my guest and find another country that doesn't have taxes.

But what you keep saying is that if the government requires me to pay 35% instead of 39.5%, you are saying that I just TOOK 4.5% and they SPENT it on me. NO! If all they are asking is 35% then no one is SPENDING or GIVING maney away just because you want it to be higher. I want it to be 15% so does that mean that the are STEALING or TAKING 20% from me that they shouldn't?

Your logic makes no sense!! You can't go by what if's!

What if it was 50% and you wanted 55%? Does that mean they are giving away 5% there too? You guys will never be happy until the government controls 100% of our money!

07 Dec 2010 16:55 #99 by Blazer Bob

The Viking wrote: [But what you keep saying is that if the government requires me to pay 35% instead of 39.5%, you are saying that I just TOOK 4.5% and they SPENT it on me. NO! If all they are asking is 35% then no one is SPENDING or GIVING maney away just because you want it to be higher. I want it to be 15% so does that mean that the are STEALING or TAKING 20% from me that they shouldn't?

Your logic makes no sense!! You can't go by what if's!

What if it was 50% and you wanted 55%? Does that mean they are giving away 5% there too? You guys will never be happy until the government controls 100% of our money!

you fool, it is obvious you hate puppies.

http://fb.me/QvaQkYSm

07 Dec 2010 17:22 #100 by archer

The Viking wrote: You guys will never be happy until the government controls 100% of our money!

Not true, and you probably know that. I am in favor of cutting spending to have a more balanced budget....I run my life with pay as you go, I want my government to do the same. CUT spending, not increase it. Until our government cuts what they spend, they can't go on spending in other areas (i.e. tax cuts) without figuring out how to trim the budget.That's like you taking a voluntary pay cut but expecting to keep up the same lifestyle. Until you change how you live you can't afford to give up a high paying job for flippin burgers at McDonalds.

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds