The Republicans and America won huge today!!

07 Dec 2010 14:02 #81 by The Viking

Something the Dog Said wrote: So the continuing of lowering what you are bringing in without lowering what you are spending will further increase the DEFICIT. Then you tack on the reduction of the estate tax for estates over $5 million, the 2 % reduction in the SS tax, business equipment write off, earned income tax credit, college tuition credit, etc. etc etc., you have an additional $900 billion tacked on to the deficit. I did not see a single item that referred to cuts in spending to lower Z to be in line with X, just a lowering of X.

Oh my gosh, do you read what you write before you hit submit?

The continuing of lowering what you are bringing in?? IT IS NOT BEING LOWERED!!! IT IS STAYING THE SAME!!! The only thing changing is the spending!!! Stop the spending!!! If Z keeps going up you can't blame Y for it!!

Then you said, "you tack on the 'reduction' of the estate tax for estates over $5 million". On what planet is going from 0% to 35% in 2011 a REDUCTION? It is an Increase in revenue!!

And the only 'cuts' which you wrote were all Democratic and Obama ones. This is all in this bill that will ADD to the deficit and that is Obama's part of it!

"the 2 % reduction in the SS tax, business equipment write off, earned income tax credit, college tuition credit" Those are the Dems part of it and again you guys overlook that part.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Dec 2010 14:11 #82 by The Viking

Something the Dog Said wrote: Here is a breakdown on the costs of the Republican huge win:

extending the Bush tax cuts for two years: $458 billion This is not a cost!! It is the same as 2010!! Nothing added!!
unemployment benefits: $56 billion The Dems victory and cost not the Republicans.
SS tax break: $120 billion Again, the Dems idea and cost
individual tax credits: $40 billion Dems part of the bill again
Business tax credits: unclear
Estate tax (for estates over $5 million): $88 billion How can you possibly say that increasing the DEATH not ESTATE tax from 0% to 35% which the Republicans agreed to, is COSTING $88 billion? This part of the bill agreed on by the Republicans RAISES new revenue from last year. You can't just throw out random numbers and use them. What if we said the death tax should have been 100% and is now agreed on at 35%. You can't say that cost us the difference. And if we say it was going to be 15% and now is 35% I guess that means we made $88 billion. YOU can't go by the what ifs. The voted to Raise taxes on the death tax 35%. That is a revenue PRODUCER!!!
Spending cuts to offset: $0 The Republicans aren't in control of spending cuts yet. They will be in January. Then you will see the cuts start. This bill had no chance at any cuts with the Dems controlling both houses still. This was about one thing and one thing only. The taxes.
http://money.cnn.com/2010/12/07/news/ec ... htm?hpt=T1

07 Dec 2010 14:13 #83 by Blazer Bob
If everything belongs to the government, anything we keep is a cost.

07 Dec 2010 14:18 #84 by archer
Not since the Bush years have we seen conservatives spin so fast justifying the actions of their elected officials who have gone back on their promise to pay for everything they spend....refreshing isn't it?

....yes, continuing the tax cuts for the wealthy IS spending, as is the lowering of the SS tax rate.

07 Dec 2010 14:25 #85 by The Viking

neptunechimney wrote: If everything belongs to the government, anything we keep is a cost.

OK, got it. Forgot how Liberal logic and math work. We work for the government, not the other way around right?

07 Dec 2010 14:25 #86 by Nmysys

Not since the Bush years have we seen conservatives spin so fast justifying the actions of their elected officials who have gone back on their promise to pay for everything they spend....refreshing isn't it?

I agree. But you left out the part about the Democrats spinning every day without fail!!!!!!!!!! Especially the mainstream media!!!!

I don't think you ever answered my question of " what is the name of the Alternative Universe you live in". Besides Arizona BTW.

07 Dec 2010 14:27 #87 by The Viking

archer wrote: Not since the Bush years have we seen conservatives spin so fast justifying the actions of their elected officials who have gone back on their promise to pay for everything they spend....refreshing isn't it?

....yes, continuing the tax cuts for the wealthy IS spending, as is the lowering of the SS tax rate.

Leaving our tax rates the same is SPENDING?? Are you kidding me?? SPENDING IS SPENDING!! Not raising taxes is not spending!! Where did you learn this?

07 Dec 2010 14:34 #88 by Something the Dog Said
Viking, does this 'huge win" by the Republicans not raise the deficit on the order of $900 million, and did the Republicans add any cuts in spending in their 'huge win'? Spin however you desire, the bottom line is this 'huge win' by the Republicans added a significant amount to the deficit over the next two years.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

07 Dec 2010 14:36 #89 by Blazer Bob

archer wrote: Not since the Bush years have we seen conservatives spin so fast justifying the actions of their elected officials who have gone back on their promise to pay for everything they spend....refreshing isn't it?

Let's see what January brings shall we. Remember the schalackers(?) have not yet taken office.

07 Dec 2010 15:11 #90 by archer

The Viking wrote: Leaving our tax rates the same is SPENDING?? Are you kidding me?? SPENDING IS SPENDING!! Not raising taxes is not spending!! Where did you learn this?

From the economists, spending is spending. Giving away money to others is spending, having more money going out than is coming in....is spending. Spin it however you want, the Republicans just got a huge spending bill. You can call it whatever you want....but the bottom line it is a spending bill with a lot of pork in it for the wealthy.

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds