The Republicans and America won huge today!!

07 Dec 2010 13:39 #71 by archer
it's not a lib thing right now...it's an American thing. I am disgusted with both parties for putting their agendas ahead of what is good for America and it's people.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Dec 2010 13:41 #72 by Blazer Bob

archer wrote: I thought the republicans wanted to cut spending and reduce the deficit, not leave it the same and allow the deficit to continue to rise. Guess they lied to the American people once again

"Recently, I read that Muslims have murdered over 40,000 innocent people since 9/11. Which is why those liberals who are so eager to differentiate between so-called good Muslims and bad ones, but make no such distinction when referring to conservatives, Christians or Israelis, genuinely mystify me."

http://www.bernardgoldberg.com/trust-li ... gle+Reader

07 Dec 2010 13:42 #73 by Something the Dog Said

The Viking wrote: Math (or algebra) (or economics) 101.......

X = the amount of revenue brought in from taxes in 2010
Y = the amount of revenue to be brought in from taxes in 2011
X = Y (THERE IS NO CHANGE) so there is no way that all of the sudden Y in 2011 which is the exact same as X in 2010 = a $900 billion dollar increase in the deficit!! That is a left talking point.

You are assuming that X=Y= amount spent by Congress. Perhaps a bit of remedial math would assist you.

X=Y= amount of annual revenue
Z= amount spent by Congress

Does X=Y=Z? of course not. X-Z= MORE DEFICIT

So the continuing of lowering what you are bringing in without lowering what you are spending will further increase the DEFICIT. Then you tack on the reduction of the estate tax for estates over $5 million, the 2 % reduction in the SS tax, business equipment write off, earned income tax credit, college tuition credit, etc. etc etc., you have an additional $900 billion tacked on to the deficit. I did not see a single item that referred to cuts in spending to lower Z to be in line with X, just a lowering of X.

Does this make it clear to you Viking?

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

07 Dec 2010 13:47 #74 by Nmysys
Maybe you did, but you confused the dog crap out of me!!

07 Dec 2010 13:47 #75 by Something the Dog Said
I'll try to type slower!

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

07 Dec 2010 13:52 #76 by Nmysys
It has nothing to do with your typing speed, it was a play on your signature line. Sorry it went over your head like that I will try harder to make them into one liners so you can understand them.

07 Dec 2010 13:54 #77 by The Viking

Something the Dog Said wrote:

X = Y (THERE IS NO CHANGE) so there is no way that all of the sudden Y in 2011 which is the exact same as X in 2010 = a $900 billion dollar increase in the deficit!! That is a left talking point.

You are assuming that X=Y= amount spent by Congress. Perhaps a bit of remedial math would assist you.

So the continuing of lowering what you are bringing in without lowering what you are spending will further increase the DEFICIT. Then you tack on the reduction of the estate tax for estates over $5 million, the 2 % reduction in the SS tax, business equipment write off, earned income tax credit, college tuition credit, etc. etc etc., you have an additional $900 billion tacked on to the deficit. I did not see a single item that referred to cuts in spending to lower Z to be in line with X, just a lowering of X.

You nailed it!!! But you guys keep blaming Y! Like keeping taxes the same is raising the deficit. It isn't!! It is Z!! The stupid out of control unpaid for SPENDING bills that congress and Obama keep passing! Z = TARP 1,2, and 3, Cash for clunkers, auto bailout, bank bailouts, wallstreet bailouts, fanny and freddie bailouts, failed stimulus, the disastor of a health care bill, and many others. It is not this vote of keeping 'Y' the same as 'X'. It is 'Z' that they won't stop raising that is creating the $900 billion dollar deficit and actually closer to $1.5 trillion in 2011. Congress can't keep raising 'Z' and then complaining that it is all the fault of keepiing Y the same as X which was fine for many years without Z quadrupling from 2007 when the Dems took over Congress. 'Z' is the problem!!

And you watch the fights to cut 'Z' when the Republicans take over in Jan. The Dems will scream bloody murder that they want to keep raising 'Z' (out of control spending) to help the economy, which hasn't worked yet, and then they want to pay for it by raising 'Y' (Taxes). So what are the Dems fighting for? More Y to pay for more Z rather than being responsible and cutting back on Z. The party of TAX AND SPEND.

07 Dec 2010 13:56 #78 by Something the Dog Said
Here is a breakdown on the costs of the Republican huge win:

extending the Bush tax cuts for two years: $458 billion
unemployment benefits: $56 billion
SS tax break: $120 billion
individual tax credits: $40 billion
Business tax credits: unclear
Estate tax (for estates over $5 million): $88 billion
Spending cuts to offset: $0

http://money.cnn.com/2010/12/07/news/ec ... htm?hpt=T1

07 Dec 2010 13:58 #79 by Something the Dog Said

The Viking wrote:

Something the Dog Said wrote:

You nailed it!!! But you guys keep blaming Y! Like keeping taxes the same is raising the deficit. It isn't!! It is Z!! The stupid out of control unpaid for SPENDING bills that congress and Obama keep passing! Z = TARP 1,2, and 3, Cash for clunkers, auto bailout, bank bailouts, wallstreet bailouts, fanny and freddie bailouts, failed stimulus, the disastor of a health care bill, and many others. It is not this vote of keeping 'Y' the same as 'X'. It is 'Z' that they won't stop raising that is creating the $900 billion dollar deficit and actually closer to $1.5 trillion in 2011. Congress can't keep raising 'Z' and then complaining that it is all the fault of keepiing Y the same as X which was fine for many years without Z quadrupling from 2007 when the Dems took over Congress. 'Z' is the problem!!

And you watch the fights to cut 'Z' when the Republicans take over in Jan. The Dems will scream bloody murder that they want to keep raising 'Z' (out of control spending) to help the economy, which hasn't worked yet, and then they want to pay for it by raising 'Y' (Taxes). So what are the Dems fighting for? More Y to pay for more Z rather than being responsible and cutting back on Z. The party of TAX AND SPEND.

So how much in spending did the Republicans cut in their "huge win"? Hmm?

So you now agree that this "huge win" will increase the deficit?

07 Dec 2010 14:01 #80 by Nmysys
What I don't understand is why the same people who were talking about extending unemployment benefits on an earlier thread, are now complaining after getting their free money as part of this compromise.

I understand the frustration of not being able to find a job in this economy, but where does the blame for it lie?? We have been extremely close to 10% unemployment ( not the real numbers, due to those who have given up ) and all the emphasis has been on everything else BUT that problem. WHY?????????????

IMO it is because the Left's policies are Impotent at creating jobs. Finally Obama caves and almost seems to get it. Tax cuts not tax increases!!!

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds