Don't Ask, Don't Tell is Over

21 Dec 2010 09:30 #111 by ComputerBreath

LadyJazzer wrote:

ComputerBreath wrote:

Photo-fish wrote: I really appreciate the input on this subject from all of those who have served. I also appreciate your service to our country. I never had the privelidge to serve so forgive me if I come off as naive on this:
I keep hearing about all the "distractions" this will cause our troops (mainly from McCain). What type of distractions are we talking about exactly? If you are in the service, there are certain ways you must behave, dress, march and present yourself, are there not?
It sounds like they expect the gay soldiers to be skipping in formation, applying make-up or wearing pink uniforms...If they can get past basic training and boot camp, and must conform to military code and every thing else that distinguishes that particular branch of service, what inefficiencies could they possibly physically manifest that would be a distration in combat? And wouldn't the display of any of these distractions be grounds for reprimand/dismissal?

1) Whenever anyone in the military is perceived as "different" or given different responsibilities from those they are stationed with, it is a distraction. Whether it is a viable excuse or not...a lot of peers and co-workers do not know extenuating circumstances unless the military member makes it known. These kinds of perceived favortism lead to low morale and disgruntled people.
-- Single parent not able to find someone to care for your child(ren) while deployed and allowed to skip the deployment? Favortism.
-- Member with a medical condition and can't fire the M16? Perceived as favortism.
-- Allowed to wear only the Battle Dress Uniform because of allergies to the material in the other uniform? Perceived as favortism.
-- Only put on day duty because of night-blindness? Perceived as favortism.
-- Not deploying because homosexuals are killed in the country everyone is going to? Perceived as favortism.

2) I was always told that any kind of "difference" that could be exploited by our enemies could lead to a security breach...And a lot of these types of individuals have become spies for the enemy.

3) It isn't that the people are going to flaunt their gayness, it is the perception of differences and possibly favortism.

Oh, boo-friggin'-hoo... Why don't you worry about something of substance? This dog ain't gonna hunt...

DADT is GONE.... Get over it.

(This is starting to sound like a warmed-over version of "special rights--not equal rights." Y'know, the "special rights" crap didn't work 20 years ago in Colorado; it didn't work with Prop-8 in California; it's not working now... Somebody needs to go back to the Homophobe Talking-points Generator and get some new material... "Special rights" ain't working' for ya..."

Excuse me LJ, but I served 20 years in uniform alongside Marines, Soldiers, and Sailors as well as my own Airmen. I do know a little about how all of this could and most probably will impact the military populace.

AND...I was answering Photo-fishes question. Without denigrating anyone or asking for special rights. I am angry at you for trying to shame me for explaining something to someone who asked for a response. If you think you have all the answers...and in this particular case it looks like you do...please provide a non-shameful, non-denigrating, non-vilifying answer.

Re-read my post...I think you will find that it was not pro or con DADT repeal...it was merely an answer to someone's question. BUTT OUT!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Dec 2010 11:12 #112 by Residenttroll returns

ComputerBreath wrote: Excuse me LJ, but I served 20 years in uniform alongside Marines, Soldiers, and Sailors as well as my own Airmen. I do know a little about how all of this could and most probably will impact the military populace.

AND...I was answering Photo-fishes question. Without denigrating anyone or asking for special rights. I am angry at you for trying to shame me for explaining something to someone who asked for a response. If you think you have all the answers...and in this particular case it looks like you do...please provide a non-shameful, non-denigrating, non-vilifying answer.

Re-read my post...I think you will find that it was not pro or con DADT repeal...it was merely an answer to someone's question. BUTT OUT!!

Liberals don't respect military men....

21 Dec 2010 13:41 #113 by ComputerBreath

residenttroll wrote:

ComputerBreath wrote: Excuse me LJ, but I served 20 years in uniform alongside Marines, Soldiers, and Sailors as well as my own Airmen. I do know a little about how all of this could and most probably will impact the military populace.

Or in this case...WOMEN...'cuz that's what I am.

21 Dec 2010 15:15 #114 by Residenttroll returns

ComputerBreath wrote:

residenttroll wrote:

Yes Ma'am! My apologies. Thank you for your service to this great nation! :fwave:

21 Dec 2010 20:06 #115 by navycpo7

ComputerBreath wrote:

residenttroll wrote:

Thanks for your service.

Read what you posted and you are pretty much dead on. Funny how those that have never served have all the answers for the military. There is already alot of BS that goes on(alias favortism). It happens more than some would think. LJ you are right DADT is currently no longer. And yes those serving will have to deal with it, and hopefully this will be a intergration that will go without problems if done correctly.

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds