Don't Ask, Don't Tell is Over

20 Dec 2010 20:34 #91 by LadyJazzer
It's like arguing over the color of the fence gate once the gate has been left open and the horse is gone...

(Psssst: It doesn't matter... The gate is open... The horse is gone... DADT is history, and all that remains is the homophobic bigotry of those that don't like it.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Dec 2010 20:36 #92 by Residenttroll returns

archer wrote:

PrintSmith wrote:

archer wrote: Is there actually a law that says you can't be gay in the military...or is it you can't act gay in the military?

It is an actual law -
http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/10/654.html

I read what you cited....it speaks to homosexual conduct.....or engaging in homosexual acts.....or proclaiming yourself to be a homosexual. It does not clearly say that a homosexual cannot serve in the military, only that they cannot show any signs of homosexuality.....or state that they are homosexual. I guess that is what the repeal of DADT is supposed to remedy.

Archer J.A.G. :rofl :rofl :rofl :lol: rofllol rofllol

Pass that guy another cheeseburger....

20 Dec 2010 20:37 #93 by Residenttroll returns

LadyJazzer wrote: It's like arguing over the color of the fence gate once the gate has been left open and the horse is gone...

(Psssst: It doesn't matter... The gate is open... The horse is gone... DADT is history, and all that remains is the homophobic bigotry of those that don't like it.)

bigotry :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl rofllol rofllol :lol: :lol: How about a fatso brigade!

20 Dec 2010 20:45 #94 by archer

residenttroll wrote:

archer wrote:

PrintSmith wrote:

archer wrote: Is there actually a law that says you can't be gay in the military...or is it you can't act gay in the military?

It is an actual law -

I read what you cited....it speaks to homosexual conduct.....or engaging in homosexual acts.....or proclaiming yourself to be a homosexual. It does not clearly say that a homosexual cannot serve in the military, only that they cannot show any signs of homosexuality.....or state that they are homosexual. I guess that is what the repeal of DADT is supposed to remedy.

I knew any sort of logic would sail right over your head.

20 Dec 2010 20:49 #95 by Residenttroll returns
Logic? :lol: :lol: :lol: Pass me another Cheeseburger in Paradise.

20 Dec 2010 20:53 #96 by navycpo7

residenttroll wrote:

navycpo7 wrote:

residenttroll wrote: Can a soldier be fat and be in the military? It's not his fault he likes cheeseburgers. I was born with fat genes.

Answer = NO. If one is overweight and not within standards then one is not even allowed to enlist without making sufficient progress towards goal. If one is serving and becomes out of standards they are given a timeframe to get back into standards or be discharged. (Some do slip through the cracks though)

That's unfair...that's discrimination of fat people.

Tell them to get over it. they can either conform or be sent packing.

20 Dec 2010 20:54 #97 by navycpo7

archer wrote:

residenttroll wrote:

archer wrote:

PrintSmith wrote:

It is an actual law -

I knew any sort of logic would sail right over your head.

did you read article 125 in the UCMJ

20 Dec 2010 20:56 #98 by daisypusher
If the US let people join the military at random, then we could eliminate discrimination. For example, 3 out of 10 random applicants could be allowed to serve.

20 Dec 2010 21:05 #99 by archer

navycpo7 wrote: did you read article 125 in the UCMJ

Yes I did, and again, it deals with one's conduct, not one's sexual orientation.

Any person subject to this chapter who engages in unnatural carnal copulation with another person of the same or opposite sex or with an animal is guilty of sodomy

It is not specific to homosexuals.

20 Dec 2010 21:37 #100 by LadyJazzer
You're wasting your time, archer... They don't understand the difference between an innate, immutable personal characteristic...and an ACTION. And I don't think there's any way that you can dumb it down enough that they WILL understand it.

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds