Don't Ask, Don't Tell is Over

19 Dec 2010 14:38 #31 by walktrot
There's more to the right than being religious.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Dec 2010 15:02 #32 by Nmysys
I didn't say otherwise.

19 Dec 2010 16:58 #33 by Residenttroll returns

Whats Up wrote: The majority of those on the right know and understand one is born gay, it is not learned.

Yeah, it took 200 years for the Americans to free the homosexuals. If men are born gay, do they still want to suck their mother's breast?

19 Dec 2010 16:59 #34 by Residenttroll returns

Whats Up wrote: There's more to the right than being religious.

You are correct, it takes common sense....something the left is lacking.

19 Dec 2010 20:24 #35 by Rorschach81

Teddy wrote:

Rorschach81 wrote: I don’t understand how someone can be judged by their sexual orientation, look at who they are as a person, anything below that is really not that important.

I am sure you feel the same way about beastiality and necrophilia.

Hey Teddy, no, I dont feel that way about those things. I'll give a little back round to help you understand my point better. In my line of work, I have had to deal with true scum, child molesters, rapists, murderers, etc… I guess my point is what two consenting adults do really does not seem to be that big of a deal to me at this point. That being said I respect your opinion. Merry Christmas by the way.

19 Dec 2010 21:51 #36 by navycpo7

CinnamonGirl wrote: I don't know if I ever mentioned this but I have a friend that was in the service and they were in the UK. I was talking to his wife about brokeback mountain. She had never heard of the movie. I was surprised and told her what it was about and she said that it made sense to her. According to her the service is homophobic and they would not have a movie like that to rent on base.

It takes time.

I was also surprised and how crazy things are on base as well. Lots of crimes and issues that I never hear about. I got the feeling they like to be their own entity and not talk to the public about what goes on.

CG, military installations have the same problems as in the civilian world. We have the same crimes etc. Most of these bases are nothing short of small cities within thier own. With military housing etc all contained, there is no difference other than this is federal property and we in the military are federal employees. Our crime rate though is alot less than that of the surrounding cities. That has been proven and I even posted the figures in another post on here. You have to remember we are still human, and no matter where you go, there are bad apples. There other part to this is that with the wars those serving and veterans are having to deal with alot of issues because of that. TBI, PTSD etc. I know about the PTSD first hand. I am also working with my son, also PTSD, his worse than mine. The other problem we now have is that some idiot higher up the command chain has taken some bases and opened them up to the public. The public can go on base to the various outlets such as burger king or ice cream shop or movie theater etc. This also allows for problems, as some bases are now having problems with various things. A big part related to the public on base. Ft Bliss being one of those. As for talking to the public, I know with the ships I was on, those of us in Navy had a simple saying, What happens on the ship stays on the ship.

19 Dec 2010 21:59 #37 by ckm8
Replied by ckm8 on topic Don't Ask, Don't Tell is Over
It's disgusting that so many that sit here safe at home would deny simple human rights to so many in the military that are this very minute risking their lives. Those gay men and women have ten times the integrity of those who get on anonymous forums and spew their bigoted filth.

19 Dec 2010 22:00 #38 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Don't Ask, Don't Tell is Over

navycpo7 wrote:

CinnamonGirl wrote: I don't know if I ever mentioned this but I have a friend that was in the service and they were in the UK. I was talking to his wife about brokeback mountain. She had never heard of the movie. I was surprised and told her what it was about and she said that it made sense to her. According to her the service is homophobic and they would not have a movie like that to rent on base.

It takes time.

I was also surprised and how crazy things are on base as well. Lots of crimes and issues that I never hear about. I got the feeling they like to be their own entity and not talk to the public about what goes on.

CG, military installations have the same problems as in the civilian world. We have the same crimes etc. Most of these bases are nothing short of small cities within thier own. With military housing etc all contained, there is no difference other than this is federal property and we in the military are federal employees. Our crime rate though is alot less than that of the surrounding cities. That has been proven and I even posted the figures in another post on here. You have to remember we are still human, and no matter where you go, there are bad apples. There other part to this is that with the wars those serving and veterans are having to deal with alot of issues because of that. TBI, PTSD etc. I know about the PTSD first hand. I am also working with my son, also PTSD, his worse than mine. The other problem we now have is that some idiot higher up the command chain has taken some bases and opened them up to the public. The public can go on base to the various outlets such as burger king or ice cream shop or movie theater etc. This also allows for problems, as some bases are now having problems with various things. A big part related to the public on base. Ft Bliss being one of those. As for talking to the public, I know with the ships I was on, those of us in Navy had a simple saying, What happens on the ship stays on the ship.

Thank you navycpo7 for explaining that. Some of the stories my friend told me surprised me. And I think some of all this is the unknown stuff. I know this may be a really personal question that you may not want to answer. But I am curious about what people that were actually in the service think about working with homosexuals. I hear all the time that it is a problem in combat but is that true? I would love to hear it from someone that has experience in the matter.

19 Dec 2010 22:00 #39 by navycpo7
Those presently serving do not have to like it or agree with it, but so long as they are serving they have to follow the orders and regulations that is part of good order and discipline of the military. Again this comes down to a choice. When ones enlistment is up, they will have to decide what they want to do. For officers it is even easier, they can resign. The law has been changed, nothing anyone serving can do to change it. So now we have to deal with it and that is where I believe it will be interesting. Orders and regulations will come down about it and will be required to be followed.

19 Dec 2010 22:08 #40 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Don't Ask, Don't Tell is Over
All I know is I appreciate anyone that wants to fight for my country and I would never say ANYONE is bad or wrong for doing it. There is room for everyone. Isn't there?

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds