Don't Ask, Don't Tell is Over

18 Dec 2010 21:47 #1 by DaffyDick
A Tribute

To those killed in service to our country but denied the right to be yourself, may you rest in peace with pride. To the countless tombstones in American Veteran Cemeteries, that marks the graves of vets, they now include those of gay men. To those who served but kept silent, to those who served but didn’t keep silent and were discharged for being the person that they are, for the men and women who currently serve and happen to be gay,

I honor you.

This is a great day for human rights.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Dec 2010 22:01 #2 by Residenttroll returns

DaffyDick wrote:
This is a great day for human rights.

:gleeful: :Sick:

18 Dec 2010 22:04 #3 by Rorschach81
I don’t understand how someone can be judged by their sexual orientation, look at who they are as a person, anything below that is really not that important.

18 Dec 2010 22:17 #4 by ckm8
Replied by ckm8 on topic Don't Ask, Don't Tell is Over
:usa: :fwave:

Yes. Here's to them.

19 Dec 2010 08:54 #5 by walktrot
It's about time. 17 years of total nonsense. Out of the dark ages and advance to where other countries have been for a very long time.

19 Dec 2010 09:00 #6 by aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Rorschach81 wrote: I don’t understand how someone can be judged by their sexual orientation, look at who they are as a person, anything below that is really not that important.

I am sure you feel the same way about beastiality and necrophilia.

19 Dec 2010 09:01 #7 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Don't Ask, Don't Tell is Over
Teddy, the courthouse is for discussion. That is sick.

19 Dec 2010 09:05 #8 by aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
You are a double standard hypocrite CG.

Rorschach81 wrote: I don’t understand how someone can be judged by their sexual orientation,

19 Dec 2010 09:09 #9 by rldbailey

Teddy wrote:

Rorschach81 wrote: I don’t understand how someone can be judged by their sexual orientation, look at who they are as a person, anything below that is really not that important.

I am sure you feel the same way about beastiality and necrophilia.

Two consenting adults participating in a sexual act is a far cry from cruelty to animals when engaging in beastiality. I've never known any animal that consented to that type of behavior. Also, necrophilia is considered taboo because you are engaging in acts with a deceased person. Last time I checked, deceased persons are unable to consent to that as well.

Those two acts should never be compared with consenting adults whether they be homosexuals or not! What happens between two people is between them and is none of our business. They should NOT be treated differently when serving in the military.

When your in a fire fight, are you going to stop and ask the "gay" soldier next to you what their sexual orientation is and would it matter? STUPID!!!

19 Dec 2010 09:44 #10 by walktrot
Teddy, You seen to know way too much about those things you posted. :rolleyes:

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds