New Coroner/ New Truck?

05 Jan 2011 13:26 #11 by Martin Ent Inc
Does this count the ones the flatlanders dump up here?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Jan 2011 17:29 #12 by Let the Wildlife run PC
Outsourcing the position to JeffCo would have been cheaper than what we're in for with Kintz. I bet Tammy is laughing her ass off and saying to herself "I told you so".

05 Jan 2011 17:32 #13 by Martin Ent Inc
No she is saying "Damn I coulda had a new truck to run around in".

05 Jan 2011 18:12 #14 by Residenttroll returns
Probably would not want to outsource this position. Remember by state law, the Coroner is the only person in the county who can arrest the Sheriff.

I certainly believe that a per case (body) cost could apply and X dollars per day for court trials. JMHO.

06 Jan 2011 04:52 #15 by Let the Wildlife run PC
court trials? Most of the deaths here are suicides. I can think of one that occured years ago in Alma where the cops shot a man in the back that was unarmed when he threw down his weapon. But then there was no court case. Cops good guys, bad guy dead end of story.

06 Jan 2011 13:33 #16 by rldbailey
Replied by rldbailey on topic New Coroner/ New Truck?
Another shining example of our tax dollars at work. We can't get decent roads to drive on in Bailey, let alone a decent plow job and they buy a new vehicle that our county can't afford!?!? Last time I was in Fairplay, I was amazed at how nicely paved and/or graded their town and subdivision roads were.

A couple of months ago, my brother was told by an employee of the Bailey Library that they may be closing their doors soon and yet, I read today that Fairplay, with donated funds, bought land to build a library in Fairplay.

Exactly who will pay for the taxes on this land while waiting for construction to begin and who will pay for the construction costs and ongoing operations of this new library when our county apparently can't sustain the little library we already have in Bailey? Seems to me that Fairplay is enjoying far more rewards from all of Park County taxes collected, when a good portion of those tax dollars comes from this side of Kenosha Pass.

Don't even get me started on the new jail and communications building..........

WHERE IS ALL OF THIS MONEY COMING FROM?????????????????

Sorry for the partial thread hijack!

06 Jan 2011 13:49 #17 by Sundance
Replied by Sundance on topic New Coroner/ New Truck?
I saw that drama article regarding the new coroner vehicle. Yea, he did run on the platform of not spending money. I especially liked the part about injuries to deputies when carrying a body out on a cot. What about the ambulance's gurney? Or what about the other emergency responders? I have assisted in carrying out, extracating, & good training & team work will prevent this. Also, why did body fluids leak out of a body bag in the truck. Was it frozen? Why is that vehicle not cleaned out? I am sure those miles were racked up somehow not in going to the deaths here is Pk Co. Will have to keep a watch on where this new vehicle will be traveling around. :can't hear

07 Jan 2011 08:52 #18 by V_A
Replied by V_A on topic New Coroner/ New Truck?
Welcome to Park Bull 2

Many of the nic's are different but posting half truths, implied corruption etc lives on.

Did anyone of you idiots not read where the Coroner decided to not back fill a position after someone quit? Did you not read we have been hauling bodies in the back of a carpeted Suburban with 100K miles? Or how about the coroner getting donated gurney's. Making wild guesses that the coroner deals with 5-8 bodies a year. We know the wild guess is pure BS, when the paper reported there were 14 suicides in the county last year, so we have 14 + a lot more deaths by natural and crime. While we are at it, why don't we throw in accusations of cops murdering innocent citizens.

How about Fairplay having better roads, oh did one forget the city of Fairplay has a city tax to pay for roads and other services.

It appears the most illiterate of the Bailey residents now have computers and 285bound accounts.

I'm all for controlling spending and made a donation to AV for the fight against the comm center. But this entire thread is just sophomoric.

08 Jan 2011 05:37 #19 by Let the Wildlife run PC
And if you did your homework, 14 is very high for Park, as stated in the newspaper. Then having a death due to crime here is very unusual and rare. And you would also know in suicides the county in which the person resides coroner is called to come fetch the body. Most of them came here to do their dirty deed. Also while you're at it, go read the coroners report from 04' about the bullet wound in the back of the man from Alma, that had already dropped his weapon. If you ever followed that story you would remember. So don't go and accuse "sophmoric attitude" or "implied corruption" until you read between the lines of reports.

08 Jan 2011 06:17 #20 by Let the Wildlife run PC
oh ya, I forgot to add, what in the hell do you think we should do to Sharon Morris for driving the piss out of the suburban going back and forth to New Mexico? How many bodies did she have to pick up in New Mexico that belonged to Park? I think SHE should have to buy a new vehicle for the office if anybody!!! But then again, that's one of the most wonderful benefits of working for Park County, you get a vehicle and your allowed to drive the piss out of it, transport family and children, go to grocery stores, anything you want on our dime!!! Need new tires, maintenance, fuel??? NO PROBLEM, we're filthy ass rich!!!

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds