VOTE on TUESDAY, MAY 3! CONIFER PARK & REC!

03 May 2011 16:49 #101 by Local_Historian
Well, I voted NO, as I said I would. And the exit pollster outside told me at 1pm, the NOs were winning.

I did do it for the kids - they need less indoor structured time and more free play outside. Do that for your kids instead of making them mini adults with busy busy schedules.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 May 2011 16:56 #102 by noneya BIZ
good for you Local Historian... Let's hope the NO'S win...

03 May 2011 19:00 #103 by LopingAlong
I'm with you LH. I didn't get to talk to the exit pollster though. Everyone in line around me--and the place was packed!--was voting No. One couple wasn't sure how they were going to vote (???) but I suspect after hearing 20 people talk about the same issues, they were pretty convinced. Now we wait and see.

03 May 2011 19:39 #104 by HEARTLESS
Also voted no at 7 AM.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

03 May 2011 22:14 #105 by Local_Historian
I was back there in the evening, cause I told husband I'd go talk to him to relieve the tedium of the line, and who did I see violating polling place policy? One of the candidates. yes, it was now 7pm, BUT there was still a huge line of people inside, and well out across the front of the school - all there before 7pm, so all able to vote. And this person was well within 100 feet of the polling place for several minutes, chatting up people in line.

NOT cool. Who do we report this to?

03 May 2011 22:30 #106 by Residenttroll returns
Sounds like many of you did it to the kids.

03 May 2011 22:35 #107 by Local_Historian
Nice try, RT - at least we didn't break polling regulations. Bet you voted for that guy too.

03 May 2011 22:37 #108 by Residenttroll returns

Local_Historian wrote: Nice try, RT - at least we didn't break polling regulations. Bet you voted for that guy too.

...but at least I didn't do it to the kids.

03 May 2011 22:45 #109 by Local_Historian
Sorry hon - but it is not my job to pay for or help raise your kids. I raised mine without any help from you; perhaps you can show your children what "nature" is or how to swim in a lake - a much better experience than an over clorinated pool in a fully structured, imagination and creativity limiting day.

Sounds like you're doing it to the kids instead - I'd rather see free thinking, intelligent, imaginative, healthy kids who grew up outdoors than what I see all over the Evergreen area right now - kids who have no idea what to do if you send them outside.

Fresh air and free time - what unique concepts.

04 May 2011 07:19 #110 by OmniScience
That was the most unorganized, poorly planned, understaffed election process I have ever seen. Who had that Einstein moment which lead to the line starting in the middle of the gym and spiraling outward?
What a mess.

If this passes, should we expect this level of incompetency from the people running the district?
Let's hope people were smart enough to see through the deceptive and shady practices the proponents engaged in thoughout the last several months.

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds