VOTE on TUESDAY, MAY 3! CONIFER PARK & REC!

21 Mar 2011 15:33 #61 by Grady
LJ did you CC the Jeffco clerk and recorder? and the elections division?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Mar 2011 15:39 #62 by LadyJazzer

Grady wrote: LJ did you CC the Jeffco clerk and recorder? and the elections division?

No... If I haven't received a ballot by April 1, as promised, I will submit every document, every email, every receipt and document to the Clerk & Recorder, and the Elections Division. If nothing is done in time to force a response before the election, I will sue to stop the election.

21 Mar 2011 17:40 #63 by Residenttroll returns
Smokey Bear says, Vote YES...do it for the kids....

21 Mar 2011 19:05 #64 by OmniScience
Smokey bear doesn't pay taxes and he doesn't need any more parks to roam around in.

Common sense say's vote NO ! The proponents tactics have been deceptive and their information misleading if not flat out false.

21 Mar 2011 19:07 #65 by Local_Historian
Smokey Bear is a wooden carving on HWY 73, and right now, with all the grass fires, he's saying stay the hell out of my woods!

21 Mar 2011 19:48 #66 by Residenttroll returns

Local_Historian wrote: Smokey Bear is a wooden carving on HWY 73, and right now, with all the grass fires, he's saying stay the hell out of my woods!

That's why we need recreation centers....we need to keep the kids out of the woods....and we need more evacuation centers.

22 Mar 2011 12:01 #67 by Grady

residenttroll wrote:

Local_Historian wrote: Smokey Bear is a wooden carving on HWY 73, and right now, with all the grass fires, he's saying stay the hell out of my woods!

That's why we need recreation centers....we need to keep the kids out of the woods....and we need more evacuation centers.

and what money are they going to use to build that rec center?

22 Mar 2011 12:08 #68 by Residenttroll returns
Well, let's think about that?

Can't we just say we going to save money from the health benefits of children not been obese and getting exercise...there's at least 2,000 kids in the area.... at an annual savings of $ 10,000 over their lifetime.

Then...if we keep the children out of the woods and have no wildfires (no saying they cause them)...but at least we won't worry about them starting them.... we will save....what tens of millions...

See, it all pays for itself.

22 Mar 2011 21:16 #69 by The Boss
So when this does eventually pass and they do eventually get to collect taxes and they do eventually start building things like rec centers with those taxes collected from everyone....

....what happens to the already established businesses like work out gyms that now have to compete with a govt entity, their customers, employees, landlords, investors, etc.?

I am kinda confused why there needs to be public rec facilities when they already exist via private companies and millions of acres of public land within walking distance of all these voters? If the govt keeps displacing all the private industry, where is the private prosperity that everyone wants? All we need in these rural mtn communities are someone to contract private plows and a couple police officers. Fire fighting can be volunteers and the rest is fluff or the public sector steeling private sector jobs and opportunity.

Since the services already exist, this argument is really one about private vs. public markets, no? Either you want to be able to create companies and innovation or you want your government to wipe your chin. Can't have both.

If you want this, why not just have a gov. food dist center and get rid of those pesky Safeway and King Sooper stores. We can then create more jobs by just creating more rules that your neighbors can break and which will obviously create a Natural demand for more code enforcement officers to bust them and we have now fixed the economy.

Rec centers by the gov. hmmm. why is this hole in my foot? Why can't I afford food? Why is the county selling my home, I thought I owned it?....

22 Mar 2011 22:00 #70 by Local_Historian
LOL! What a strawman that was - because we have 2000+ kids in the area (we'll just assume your guess is correct) all of them must be obese? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Now I'm vastly amused.

I'd rather kids were out int he woods, learning something, using their imiaginations and minds, and being in the fresh air, than cooped up in yet another structured part of their day because parents can't or won't parent.

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds