VOTE on TUESDAY, MAY 3! CONIFER PARK & REC!

12 Mar 2011 10:49 #31 by daisypusher
I think you summed it up quite well. "I want this." That is the fact that is behind this.

Every time this vote came up before the proponents used the same line "Change IS going to happen" or Conifer has changed. Yet, no rec district was voted in. Imagine that. Some people do not learn from history and will use such "hanky panky" and illogic to get what "they want". I recall when my X attempted to move with my kids. The mantra was that things change and that I have to get used to it. Guess what, that logic was wrong again! The courts did not allow it and that was 7 year ago. Arrogance and BS on the highest. :Koolaid:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Mar 2011 11:05 #32 by Nmysys

Sorry, I've been up here longer than most and I want this...that statement holds no water with me. Change IS going to happen, why not be a part of it an help direct it? That is unless you're a hermit and/or anti-social.

Change like this will NOT happen as quick as you and others trying to sneak this by us, want it to. This is the 4th time and it seems that there are more against it than for it.

Yes we moved up to these mountains to get away from the city life and most of us think it has been worth it. Don't try to change this into the suburbs.

12 Mar 2011 11:33 #33 by LadyJazzer

rguerette wrote:

Grady wrote: Great line x_p
Backers, if you want a rec district move back to a front range city.

Sorry, I've been up here longer than most and I want this...that statement holds no water with me. Change IS going to happen, why not be a part of it an help direct it? That is unless you're a hermit and/or anti-social.

Then you pay for it. I won't. It has nothing to do with "anti-social"...(nice try, but that dog won't hunt). It has to do with the fact that I don't owe someone else a "recreational experience" when there's a whole area up here with trails, mountains, parks and camping areas...for free. (And I'd be willing to bet that I've been here longer than you...not that it makes a damned bit of difference.)

12 Mar 2011 11:35 - 13 Mar 2011 06:52 #34 by LadyJazzer
UPDATE: I just sent in this second, (but unnecessary) form, Certified Mail/Return-Receipt-Requested. We'll see how long it takes them to respond...(And whether or not they come up with some additional, unnecessary stalling tactic to keep from sending an actual ballot in time for the election.)

Conifer Park & Recreation District Request for Ballot

12 Mar 2011 11:37 #35 by Nmysys
Mark this down on your calendar, LJ and I agree on something. Hurrah!!

12 Mar 2011 11:38 #36 by 2wlady
rguerette, you said you've "been here longer than most." Than most what? What does longer mean? You have 4 posts, all of which are in this topic. Who are you, really? What handle did you go by before?

You want this. So what. Under this handle, the only reason you want it is for change.

You also said there will be no increase in taxes, that it has to be voted on and won't be in this election. You're right there. IF this thing goes through, THEN there WILL be another vote - to raise taxes. Why weren't you honest enough to inform people of the next step? Learned well from PCLL, did you?

12 Mar 2011 12:02 #37 by LadyJazzer

Nmysys wrote: DaisyPusher:

That's the way I see it. We are having a short debate on the issue at the 285 Corridor Tea Party Group meeting at Beaver Ranch on Thursday evening 3/17. Come and find out more about this. Hope to see you there.

You might print out a bunch of those ballot-request forms that I uploaded, and pass them out at your meeting to anyone who wants one.

12 Mar 2011 12:06 #38 by Nmysys
I will if you will come. It is about time we meet and get past all this bickering.

12 Mar 2011 12:07 #39 by LadyJazzer
I won't be in town.

12 Mar 2011 15:06 #40 by Grady

LadyJazzer wrote:

Nmysys wrote: DaisyPusher:

That's the way I see it. We are having a short debate on the issue at the 285 Corridor Tea Party Group meeting at Beaver Ranch on Thursday evening 3/17. Come and find out more about this. Hope to see you there.

You might print out a bunch of those ballot-request forms that I uploaded, and pass them out at your meeting to anyone who wants one.

LJ that's a great idea.

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds