VOTE on TUESDAY, MAY 3! CONIFER PARK & REC!

21 Apr 2011 14:14 #81 by Local_Historian
Tell you what - you support it - make the $300K+ be for facilities, and the $86K for administration. You make that happen, I'll consider voting yes. Otherwise, I'll always vote no - for as long as I live here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Apr 2011 14:24 #82 by OmniScience

rguerette wrote: Why would that go away? Haven't seen anything that said that. If anything it would probably be enhanced.

Oh, you've seen the opponents say this group is taking over Beaver Ranch right? Not the case. BUT, legally, that is in the contract between BR and Jeffco that they could if they wanted to, if formed. But I don't think they would because it's just not the right location...IMHO. Worst case, it could benefit and get money to enhance/en-large the dog bark-park...kind of small now as it is.

So, now there may be the possiblity of my tax dollars supporting recreation areas for other peoples barking fleabags?
That's 'Worst Case' alright.

As if I didn't already have enough reason to vote no.

02 May 2011 12:04 #83 by BearMtnHIB
Remind your neighbors- the vote is tomorrow.

02 May 2011 12:04 #84 by LadyJazzer
Yep... Already voted-by-mail... In SPITE of how hard they tried to make it.

03 May 2011 07:38 #85 by BearMtnHIB
Quote from one of the taxpayers who is also running for the BOD for this new tax district....

It's simple. If you want an additional mil then vote for the district. If you are against a mill, vote against the district. If you think a rec district should spend more money (regardless of the source) on recreation than it spends on administration, then vote for me.

Although there is no mill NOW, there is a plan for a future mill. Vote for this and expect a mill election sometime in the future. Vote against this, then the proponents start all over again from square one.

This election is about taxes. The proponents don't what you to know that. They will say anything they can to get you to believe there are no taxes and if there are taxes they will be in the distant future, and you will be able to vote on it then. There are no taxes this time because they know if there were taxes the proposal would fail. Again. If we allow this district it will be MUCH easier to impose taxes. If you are against taxes, why make it easier to impose taxes? Vote no!

RobertBaxter wrote:

I am a candidate running for the board.
Their plan: Step 1. Pass the district, Step 2 pass the tax.

My plan: Stop them.

Vote NO! May 3. Then vote for me just in case. A vote against new taxes. A vote against bonded indebtedness, A vote against eminent domain. A vote against governmental power grabs, and a vote FOR transparency.

03 May 2011 08:01 #86 by LadyJazzer
Yep... Even though they made it as difficult as possible to actually VOTE in this election, I took the time & effort, (and about $15, total for 3 different "Certified Mail/Return-receipt-requested" mailings to prove that I requested the ballot, that I was eligible for the ballot, and to send in the ballot itself), to jump through all their hoops to vote by mail. I voted NO, and I voted FOR Baxter...

And if they lose, and try it again in the future, I'll vote NO again... You think sooner or later, they'll crack the code...

What does worry me, is that the proponents are the ones that hired the guy who is going to count the ballots... Uh-huh... "No, really...Trust us...He's impartial..." I think they should be counted by a county-official who does NOT live in the affected area...THEN I'll trust the vote-count...

03 May 2011 08:34 #87 by Nmysys
Today is the day to Vote NO!!!!!

If you live in the Conifer District and don't want an increased mil levy to support growth in Government and a Conifer Park and Recreation District, today is the day to Vote.

03 May 2011 10:34 - 03 May 2011 10:52 #88 by BearMtnHIB
Don't even wait till afta you gut yer deer and plow yer snow....

Get down to West Jeff Elementary School and vote no or yer taxes 'll be goin up!

03 May 2011 10:45 #89 by chickaree
I thought it was the elementary school?

03 May 2011 10:51 #90 by BearMtnHIB
yes - you are right.

West Jeff Elementary School

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds