VOTE on TUESDAY, MAY 3! CONIFER PARK & REC!

12 Mar 2011 18:09 #41 by Local_Historian
You want.

So I should pay for someone else's sense of entitlement. Umm, nope.

LJ said it -

It has to do with the fact that I don't owe someone else a "recreational experience" when there's a whole area up here with trails, mountains, parks and camping areas...for free.

But I will change it up a bit - I don't owe someone a "recreational experience". Period. End of sentence. There could be nothing but buildings as far as the eye could see, and I still would not owe anyone else a "recreational experience'.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Mar 2011 21:36 #42 by NoNewTaxes

Local_Historian wrote: I don't owe someone a "recreational experience". Period. End of sentence.

The District feels the same way. Year 1 budget, AFTER THE TAX INCREASE:
Administration 343,996.21
Recreation 86,500.00

13 Mar 2011 20:33 #43 by Local_Historian
Why so much for admin?

13 Mar 2011 20:37 #44 by Residenttroll returns
Vote YES for the CHILDREN! Do it for the kids! We can't have fat obese kids running around in the mountains....come on! Do it for the kids.

Vote No means that you will leave a fat kid behind....come on, do it for the kids. Open your wallets.

Jeffco kids need more recreation now that we are cutting out schools days and mountain lab...come on ...do it for the kids.

13 Mar 2011 22:50 #45 by Local_Historian
They aren't cutting school days - they are cutting days off for teachers - like fridays after parent-teacher conferences.

Maybe I'm old, but there were never days off for P-T conferences - that stuff happened after school, in the evenings. And teachers didn't get time off for dealing with the parents. heck, I'm not that old - when I was teaching, we did the P-T conferences evenings, and there was no time off for it. And if the kids had the day off, teachers sure didn't - training crap went on.

14 Mar 2011 10:06 #46 by Grady
remember to vote :no2: :no2: :no2:

14 Mar 2011 11:00 #47 by LadyJazzer
Assuming I actually get the ballot that I sent in the form for...(Certified-Mail/Return-Receipt-Requested)...I will post a link to a scan of the actual ballot ASAP, so that we can circumvent this deliberate logjam-process for our voting rights.)

14 Mar 2011 13:38 #48 by Grady

LadyJazzer wrote: Assuming I actually get the ballot that I sent in the form for...(Certified-Mail/Return-Receipt-Requested)...I will post a link to a scan of the actual ballot ASAP, so that we can circumvent this deliberate logjam-process for our voting rights.)

another +1 for LJ :biggrin:

14 Mar 2011 14:15 #49 by Grady

LadyJazzer wrote: Update:

I got my "Return Receipt" card today and separately the "form" that must be filled out to request a ballot. To save everyone the trouble of writing in and requesting this form, here is a scan of the document. You should be able to copy this image-file, paste it into a WORD document and print your own. (I tried uploading a PDF file of it, but it was too large, given the PDF-maker that I have on my home computer.

Print this out, fill it in, and send it to the given address:

I created the .pdf of the application LJ has listed above. Photobucket does not seem to allow me to upload .pdf files. If you need the application shoot me a message and I'll respond with it. I do also have it as a word docx. both appear to be about 120 KB.

I also have it posted on the 285 Corridor Tea Party's Website, you can view it and downloaded it from there. Note it's right near the top of the page.

[center:1qg6d5bf] View and Dwonload the Conifer Rec District Mail in Ballot Application here [/center:1qg6d5bf]
FYI there will be copies available at this week's 285 Tea Party Meeting

14 Mar 2011 17:49 #50 by Local_Historian
Well done, Grady.

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds