VOTE on TUESDAY, MAY 3! CONIFER PARK & REC!

07 Mar 2011 13:27 #21 by LadyJazzer
It's a shame that you have to pay an extra $10 to ensure that you get a ballot, and that it's properly received. They must REALLY want to win this election, since they're going to so much trouble to rig it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Mar 2011 18:14 #22 by LadyJazzer
So, as I mentioned I sent my request for a mail-in ballot via registered mail/return receipt-requested... So, today I get a phone call from "Sue Blair, Designated Election Official" wanting to know "what it was that I was requesting...." ?????

I told her I WANTED A MAIL-IN BALLOT for the election... She replied that she "needed to mail me ANOTHER FORM"...?!?!? And then she wanted to know if she should mail it to the home address or the address I specified for the mail-in ballot to be sent to... (Since the return-receipt would clearly have had my return address on it, I was a little surprised that she needed confirmation of where to send this "new" form.... So, the clock is ticking....We'll see how long it takes to get this additional form that "I need" to exercise my right to vote on this election in my own district.

Like I said, they must REALLY want to win this election, since they're going to so much trouble to rig it.

07 Mar 2011 19:14 #23 by jf1acai
If anyone had any doubts about the intent of this 'district', the games they are playing should eliminate them.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

12 Mar 2011 08:52 #24 by LadyJazzer
Update:

I got my "Return Receipt" card today and separately the "form" that must be filled out to request a ballot. To save everyone the trouble of writing in and requesting this form, here is a scan of the document. You should be able to copy this image-file, paste it into a WORD document and print your own. (I tried uploading a PDF file of it, but it was too large, given the PDF-maker that I have on my home computer.

Print this out, fill it in, and send it to the given address:

12 Mar 2011 09:42 #25 by NoNewTaxes

rguerette wrote:

BasketWeasel wrote: The proponents of this measure aim to raise your property taxes for a rec center (regardless of their denials to the contrary).

That's a flat out lie. First, this election is to form a rec district not a build a rec center. Second, taxes cannot not raised without a vote of the people. This election is to only create a district and elect a board. There is nothing to be lost by creating a district. Quit making up stuff.

THEIR words, not mine:

the District will seek voter approval to access a property tax

So what do you lose by creating a district?
If they lose, they need to start over from the beginning when they push this through again. If they win, three people get easy and automatic access to the ballot to push this through over and over and over into perpetuity using state grants (rather than donations) until they finally win.

Grady wrote: The first step is to create the district, the next step wil be to ask for taxes or mil levies or “fees”.
Why are they not asking for taxes or fees and this time? Because it allows them to hold a stelth election.

BTW, "fees" do not require a vote of the people. The courts are VERY anti-TABOR. A district can put a fee on anything and you get no vote and very little to say about it.

In case you haven't noticed from the other thread, I am running for the board, so I can oppose these shenanigans from the inside.

Robert Baxter

12 Mar 2011 09:52 #26 by daisypusher

NoNewTaxes wrote:

rguerette wrote:

BasketWeasel wrote: The proponents of this measure aim to raise your property taxes for a rec center (regardless of their denials to the contrary).

That's a flat out lie. First, this election is to form a rec district not a build a rec center. Second, taxes cannot not raised without a vote of the people. This election is to only create a district and elect a board. There is nothing to be lost by creating a district. Quit making up stuff.

THEIR words, not mine:

the District will seek voter approval to access a property tax

So what do you lose by creating a district?
If they lose, they need to start over from the beginning when they push this through again. If they win, three people get easy and automatic access to the ballot to push this through over and over and over into perpetuity using state grants (rather than donations) until they finally win.

Grady wrote: The first step is to create the district, the next step wil be to ask for taxes or mil levies or “fees”.
Why are they not asking for taxes or fees and this time? Because it allows them to hold a stelth election.

BTW, "fees" do not require a vote of the people. The courts are VERY anti-TABOR. A district can put a fee on anything and you get no vote and very little to say about it.

In case you haven't noticed from the other thread, I am running for the board, so I can oppose these shenanigans from the inside.

Robert Baxter

So they could take over Beaver Ranch and raise fees to pay for their salaries?

12 Mar 2011 10:13 #27 by Nmysys
DaisyPusher:

That's the way I see it. We are having a short debate on the issue at the 285 Corridor Tea Party Group meeting at Beaver Ranch on Thursday evening 3/17. Come and find out more about this. Hope to see you there.

12 Mar 2011 10:26 #28 by rguerette

daisypusher wrote: With all the hanky panky going on, I am concerned that if I request a mail in ballot, it will mysteriously not arrive or be received. Since a ballot theoretically has been sent, I will not be able to vote in person and my vote not be counted.

And what specifically is the "hanky panky going on". All I see here is people making up information and making false accusations and lots of speculations without knowing all the facts. Those that claim they've read everything and still don't get it should call some of the proponents and discuss.

12 Mar 2011 10:30 #29 by rguerette

Grady wrote: Great line x_p
Backers, if you want a rec district move back to a front range city.

Sorry, I've been up here longer than most and I want this...that statement holds no water with me. Change IS going to happen, why not be a part of it an help direct it? That is unless you're a hermit and/or anti-social.

12 Mar 2011 10:37 #30 by NoNewTaxes

rguerette wrote: I want this

You WANT this? Yes, I imagine you do.
So you are going to vote to TAKE what's MINE so you can have what you WANT.

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds