greenhouse fans

26 Jul 2011 14:51 #41 by MamaRama
Replied by MamaRama on topic greenhouse fans
THANK YOU SO MUCH !! :biggrin:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Jul 2011 15:49 #42 by MamaRama
One more question.. Do you FORCE POLLINATE??

27 Jul 2011 10:13 #43 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic greenhouse fans
I found some info regarding the misters. The name brand is Rain Drip. And Ace definitely had all the pieces and parts earlier this year.

I don't force pollinate because the "doors" are open all day. There are always bees in there, and the wind blows thru quite nicely.

27 Jul 2011 11:05 #44 by MamaRama
pacamom you are a 'JEWEL' Thanks so much for sharing!!!

27 Jul 2011 11:50 #45 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic greenhouse fans
You are very welcome. Did you see my other post?

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" 285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=3299&p=138334#p138334 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=40&t=3299&p=138334#p138334<!-- l -->

27 Jul 2011 16:11 #46 by MamaRama
I just checked your post out and 'I'M JEALOUS'!!! It looks like your hoop house is HUGE??!! and what a unique way to grow zuchs..... How cool for you!!! :biggrin:

28 Jul 2011 05:32 #47 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic greenhouse fans

MamaRama wrote: Can anyone tell me what it means "when radishes bolt"?

It's when they shoot up in height without the radish roots developing into nice round balls like you see in the grocery store (lettuce does it too when it gets too hot - instead of forming a nice head, it starts to look like a stalk with a few leaves growing very spaced out on it - you can still eat it, but don't get much out of them when it happens). Radishes like cool weather so plant them early and late in the season!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

28 Jul 2011 08:09 #48 by MamaRama
THANK YOU TOOO SC.. 1st. greenhouse for us so ANY/ALL info. is so helpful. I did re-plant the radishes and did a little more thinning on them to see if that will help. The lettuce seems to be doig really good and we are on our 4th. picking of the Swiss Chard and Kale. I know there's hope for us yet. :crossed:

28 Jul 2011 08:41 #49 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic greenhouse fans
Glad to hear it! Keep us posted!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

15 Oct 2011 13:05 #50 by MamaRama
Well I'm starting to get nice red tomatoes (finally) and the cauliflower is doing really well. Still picking KALE AND SWISS CHARD... Pole beans didn't do much and neither did the peppers.. Oh well, there's always next year!! :thumbsup:

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds