sadness

09 Jan 2011 18:13 #41 by Hoot Owl
Replied by Hoot Owl on topic sadness

JMC wrote:

redfoxx wrote:

Dummy Up wrote: I really hope this becomes a mission for this site. IMHS has gone downhill and maybe we can help instead of just giving more dollars, they have been less than effective and I pulled my limited support until they get their stuff together.

In what way(s) do you feel IMHS has "gone downhill"? And what do you believe would help?

Respond for one thing!

Respond?
Really? your boxers are in a wad because they didnt respond to your requests to join your website. Soumds like you were willing to pay them to join 285 bound, with a "donation".

I think the people at IMHS have been a little busy lately, and really dont spend much time on forums. Rebecca did respond, did you miss it? http://www.285bound.com/Forums/viewtopi ... 7&start=20

JMC I am betting you get their newsletter regularly. If not you can find contact info on 285bound.com Need a link? http://285bound.com/pets.php
Cinnamongirl I am betting you could not find the shelter with the key in the ignition and both hands on the wheel.

The call has been put out for volunteers

Now lets stop this nonsense.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Jan 2011 18:22 #42 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic sadness
HO you are so wrong, Not ego, just have watched this fine org. not live up to it's potential. I support IMHS and will continue to do so but to blindly accept the actions ,without question, is not in the best interests of our animal population. We will always support IMHS but that does not mean we will do so uncritically. Miscue after miscue is not something we should overlook because their mission is noble. Wake up.

09 Jan 2011 18:44 #43 by Hoot Owl
Replied by Hoot Owl on topic sadness
I am awake :sunshine:
Did you just call me a "HO"? rofllol :lol: :VeryScared:

All businesses have miscues.

09 Jan 2011 18:51 #44 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic sadness
Hoot Owl, Homeagain, I am Woman, Justin for me this is about the animals. Not forums, where we live or anything else. I truly believed this could have been prevented. I know 3 people that would have taken some of those cats even with the ring worm. That is all I care about. I also said that if the community is okay with what happened I would shut up. We want to help IMHS.

We bring people willing to help those animals, a forum and an animal page to get the word out and get those animals adopted. I want the best for the cats and the animals. And the animals are all that should matter here.

09 Jan 2011 19:17 #45 by MoCat
Replied by MoCat on topic sadness
CG is right, the animals are what matters here. I know of several individuals and organizations that would have helped if they had been aware of the situation. After reading of the ringworm at IMHS in 2007 and the cats survived, I really wonder. Cats live through stress and I am sure all of those that were put down would have much rather had the stress and kept .their lives. I also believe this could have been prevented.

09 Jan 2011 19:47 #46 by Norm
Replied by Norm on topic sadness
If I were an expert, I would give an educated opinion..........since I'm not, my only response is that this is a sad sad situation - I have no ill feelings to IMHS as I don't know all the facts or information so I'm not inclined to make a judgment at this point.

I'm a former resident of the area and adopted a wonderful animal from this organization - so CG - are you a volunteer or supporter of this local organization? It appears that you are not even a resident of the 285 corridor?

09 Jan 2011 19:53 #47 by redfoxx
Replied by redfoxx on topic sadness

JMC wrote:

redfoxx wrote:

Dummy Up wrote: I really hope this becomes a mission for this site. IMHS has gone downhill and maybe we can help instead of just giving more dollars, they have been less than effective and I pulled my limited support until they get their stuff together.

In what way(s) do you feel IMHS has "gone downhill"? And what do you believe would help?

Respond for one thing!

OK. And what else??

09 Jan 2011 19:55 #48 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic sadness

normalwhyner wrote: If I were an expert, I would give an educated opinion..........since I'm not, my only response is that this is a sad sad situation - I have no ill feelings to IMHS as I don't know all the facts or information so I'm not inclined to make a judgment at this point.

I'm a former resident of the area and adopted a wonderful animal from this organization - so CG - are you a volunteer or supporter of this local organization? It appears that you are not even a resident of the 285 corridor?

We live in and support the 285 corridor, I support animal causes worldwide, . By your shallow rational I should shut my mouth about helping gorillas in the Congo, You are a narrow minded fool.Where we live has no bearing on holding an opinion of what is right or wrong. Maybe you should learn a little and make an informed judgment before you slap your lips.

09 Jan 2011 19:56 #49 by freebird
Replied by freebird on topic sadness
MoCat,

I asked you earlier to be a part of the solution by building a feasible option for the next outbreak of a highly contagious disease (see below chain of thread posts). I asked for the names of the organizations but instead you ignored my request.

I know this is emotionally disturbing but maybe my approach to such incidents differs from most on this site. I try to learn from past experiences in order to build a better solution for the future. I know there are others who have been touched by this experience that are trying to gameplan for future outbreaks. It is too easy to let emotions take over at a time like this and just criticize. Wouldn't it be more productive to help create or assist in the community creation of a disaster recovery plan? I think we all could really help our community by putting our words into actions. Why not start with us, here? Let's identify various organizations that would be willing to act with the necessary sense of urgency, and identify a running list of people/homes that would be willing to foster a potentially infected cat or dog, immediately, into their home. For some that can't do that (other pets, small children, etc. that they don't want to have exposed to such a contagion), perhaps they would be willing to commit to a financial contribution towards the treatment required for the numerous, potentially-infected fur babies.

It's a lofty goal, but one I think our community can accomplish if we pull together. Let's use our collective energies to accomplish something positive.

freebird wrote:

MoCat wrote: I agree, there are several organizations that would have helped had they known about this situation before 23 cats were put to death. These cats were waiting to be adopted and have forever living homes...

Please help our community shelters prepare for this type of spreading infection should it occur in the future by identifying the organizations that are willing to help. My request is sincere and I'm not trying to be argumentative. I would think it would be a great idea to adopt an emergency plan to save as many infected or exposed animals if and when it is encountered in the future. This might be a viable option so shouldn't we expend our energies towards a better solution?

MoCat wrote: CG is right, the animals are what matters here. I know of several individuals and organizations that would have helped if they had been aware of the situation. After reading of the ringworm at IMHS in 2007 and the cats survived, I really wonder. Cats live through stress and I am sure all of those that were put down would have much rather had the stress and kept .their lives. I also believe this could have been prevented.

09 Jan 2011 19:59 - 09 Jan 2011 20:04 #50 by Norm
Replied by Norm on topic sadness

JMC wrote:

normalwhyner wrote: If I were an expert, I would give an educated opinion..........since I'm not, my only response is that this is a sad sad situation - I have no ill feelings to IMHS as I don't know all the facts or information so I'm not inclined to make a judgment at this point.

We live in and support the 285 corridor, I support animal causes worldwide, . By your shallow rational I should shut my mouth about helping gorillas in the Congo, You are a narrow minded fool.Where we live has no bearing on holding an opinion of what is right or wrong. Maybe you should learn a little and make an informed judgment before you slap your lips.

I am a narrow-minded fool?

Time to create page: 0.333 seconds