sadness

09 Jan 2011 20:00 #51 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic sadness

normalwhyner wrote:

JMC wrote:

normalwhyner wrote: If I were an expert, I would give an educated opinion..........since I'm not, my only response is that this is a sad sad situation - I have no ill feelings to IMHS as I don't know all the facts or information so I'm not inclined to make a judgment at this point.

I'm a former resident of the area and adopted a wonderful animal from this organization - so CG - are you a volunteer or supporter of this local organization? It appears that you are not even a resident of the 285 corridor?

We live in and support the 285 corridor, I support animal causes worldwide, . By your shallow rational I should shut my mouth about helping gorillas in the Congo, You are a narrow minded fool.Where we live has no bearing on holding an opinion of what is right or wrong. Maybe you should learn a little and make an informed judgment before you slap your lips.

I am a narrow-minded fool?

No, not you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Jan 2011 21:11 #52 by CC
Replied by CC on topic sadness
I am also quite sure that LOCAL Flooring Companies might be willing to donate flooring.....What a concept.
Oh wait.....as a local flooring company, I can't post that on Pinecam. Dang! I am banned there.

09 Jan 2011 21:59 #53 by Local_Historian
Replied by Local_Historian on topic sadness
Ok - this is about the animals, eh? Then how come some of the same poor animals are still at IMHS since last summer when my daughter was volunteering there? I don't see any action to give those animals "forever" homes as someone called them - instead they are still there. Lots of those dogs are great, and if I wasn't already at my county (and likely neighbors) limits, I'd adopt more of them. Two of my dogs are rescue animals.

If people are so worried about the animals, then give them that forever home rather than whine when action has to be taken to preserve just a few of them.

Sorry, 23 cats is nothing. A week after they reopen, they will have that many again, if it takes that long.

Wanna care about the animals? Then either adopt some yourself, or get the ones you have fixed so there are LESS animals ending up in shelters.

Oh, and thank the gods that the people here at IMHS care so much -go read some of the stories about what these folks do and the conditions they've found animals in in other shelters and pounds across the country - http://gentlebarn.org/

Animals in pounds and shelters should not be starving or have frostbite gotten after they are in the shelter's care. They should not have to be rescued FROM a shelter, like Gentle Barn has had to do. You will find, IF you actually go into IMHS, that they keep the animals warm, well fed, and as we can see, make their best attempts at keeping them healthy.

What kind of fit would people have thrown if IMHS had not revealed their choice and it was found out later? What kind of up in arms would people be in then? They did what they could at the time, with limited funds, and have been honest about it. I don't find fault in that.

How is pulling financial support supposed to help? This is not "No child left behind" where you financially punish for not achieving a goal. If anything, this shows just how much support IS needed. Time to support, not punish.

09 Jan 2011 23:14 #54 by freebird
Replied by freebird on topic sadness

Becky wrote: I am also quite sure that LOCAL Flooring Companies might be willing to donate flooring.....What a concept.
Oh wait.....as a local flooring company, I can't post that on Pinecam. Dang! I am banned there.

Hi Becky. Please check your e-mails for the account associated with this site. I sent you an e-mail regarding the shelter's flooring requirements late this morning. Let me know if you didn't get it and if I should PM it to you on the site. Actually, my husband told me you have a floor covering local company which is why I reached out to you. I wasn't asking for anyone to donate linoleum covering, but do know that time is of the essence in order for the shelter to resume the saving of animals from non-no kill shelters outside of the Denver area.

I was hoping to keep the business here in our immediate community and thought you would probably do everything you can to make it quick (the purchase and delivery...and maybe a volunteer could even pick it up at your site).

Apologies in advance if I should have PM'd you, instead, but I didn't see you online this morning and thought an e-mail might reach you quicker. Thanks in advance.

Peace,
Deb

10 Jan 2011 06:05 #55 by Norm
Replied by Norm on topic sadness

Becky wrote: I am also quite sure that LOCAL Flooring Companies might be willing to donate flooring.....What a concept.

But you can post it here - what does pinecam have to do with a crisis in your local animal shelter?

10 Jan 2011 07:12 #56 by HEARTLESS
Replied by HEARTLESS on topic sadness
Many of us are banned there.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

10 Jan 2011 10:34 #57 by CC
Replied by CC on topic sadness
I did post it here.
The point is....they didn't ask for help from the community.
If they had....the community would have responded and helped.

10 Jan 2011 11:17 - 10 Jan 2011 12:02 #58 by rldbailey
Replied by rldbailey on topic sadness
As a former volunteer and employee of IMHS, I will put in my two cents. It breaks my heart to know that these cats had to be euthanized and I don't believe for one minute that this decision was made lightly.

It's easy to judge and make unfounded comments when you have no idea what you're talking about. To insinuate that the staff and the Veterinarian treating these cats lacks ethics is a big stretch. When I worked at the shelter, I never saw a more dedicated staff, volunteers and veterinarian when we treated this disease a few years ago. In order to treat this disease successfully, you must have the available space, staff and funds to do so. It's not as easy as you might think.

People in a community should support our shelter every day and not just when a tragedy occurs. We can all start by spaying and neutering our pets. Also, when you take a pet into your life, it doesn't mean until you have a baby, or until you bring a new girlfriend/boyfriend into your life, or then you decide to move where they don't allow pets or until that pet gets old and sick and you can no longer be bothered. I can assure you, I heard every deplorable story and/or excuse you can imagine when people surrendered their pets. And yet, I read new postings almost every day with people looking to re-home their pets and or wanting to breed more. My cat/dog is too old to take care of, so will you take it and provide all of the necessay food and medical care!?! If not, I guess I will euthanize it. Then, they go out and get another kitten/puppy and start all over again. Dogs and cats are disposable creatures to some people and unfortunately, they suffer the consequences of that attitude in shelters across our country every day!!!

It's interesting how many people use the shelter as a dumping ground for unwanted pets and then they feel they have the right to judge the very people that are busting their butts every day trying to take care of their unwanted responsibilities.

If people want to help - then start being responsible pet owners and stop breeding for profit! Wow, what a concept!!!

10 Jan 2011 11:22 #59 by Norm
Replied by Norm on topic sadness
Good post!

10 Jan 2011 11:35 #60 by MyMountainTown
Replied by MyMountainTown on topic sadness
We want to get the word out about adoptions on our Pet/Animal Page more than anything. EAPL is waiting for your call and 285Bound.com will give $10 to each person that adopts a pet from our pet page to offset the adoption fee or dog/cat food or what ever the animals would need. Aspen Creek Veterinary Clinic will give a free pet exam.

Let us know what is holding you back from adopting a pet and we will do whatever we can to help you with it by getting you in touch with the right agency.

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285

Time to create page: 0.329 seconds