Local Vets/IMHS Ringworm Discussion Reference.

16 Apr 2011 12:48 #31 by Wily Fox aka Angela
What is EAPL's policy for ringworm and other contagious outbreaks?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Apr 2011 13:19 #32 by redfoxx
?? EAPL does not have a shelter.

17 Apr 2011 14:28 #33 by Wily Fox aka Angela
for some reason, I thought EAPL was Evergreen's shelter. I guess I better study up

17 Apr 2011 17:29 #34 by EAPL
Wily Fox, I have sent your question to the President of the League. We do not have a shelter, we are a 100% all volunteer organization and all of our adoptable pets are in foster homes and some of our cats are in the cat room at Chow Down.

Evergreen Animal Protective League
P.O. Box 2517
Evergreen, CO 80437
(303) 674-6442

EAPL Thrift Store
27888 Meadow Drive
Evergreen, CO 80437
(303) 679-2504

Our Website
Facebook
Instagram

19 May 2011 22:07 #35 by chickaree
Looks like there's change on the board of IMHS.

19 May 2011 22:44 #36 by MsMAM

chickaree wrote: Looks like there's change on the board of IMHS.

I hated that it had to go this way. I know those folks did a lot of volunteering there, and I appreciate all the hours that they put in there. I was just amazed that all of those cats were put down. It is all very sad, but I think the community came together and spoke what we wanted to happen with our donations and work that we do for the shelter.

I do want to say thank you to the exiting board members for their hard work and volunteerism.

19 May 2011 22:57 #37 by chickaree
Yes, it would have been nice if a more cooperative solution had been possible, but the well being of the animals must be the uppermost concern.

19 May 2011 23:22 #38 by freebird

MsMAM wrote:

chickaree wrote: Looks like there's change on the board of IMHS.

I hated that it had to go this way. I know those folks did a lot of volunteering there, and I appreciate all the hours that they put in there. I was just amazed that all of those cats were put down. It is all very sad, but I think the community came together and spoke what we wanted to happen with our donations and work that we do for the shelter.

I do want to say thank you to the exiting board members for their hard work and volunteerism.

Very well said, and my sentiments exactly.

19 May 2011 23:27 #39 by freebird
And I also want to say a big thanks to those from here that made a difference...they attended and let their voices be heard this evening.

20 May 2011 02:54 #40 by ScienceChic
I attended tonight's Annual Meeting so as to provide a fair and impartial recording of the events that transpired. I will be posting the video sometime later today (if all goes well converting it!). After the incident with the euthanized cats due to ringworm infection last December, a group was formed, Save Intermountain Animals, in order to work with the current board and effect positive policy change. Tonight's meeting, in which empty board seats and board of director members up for renewal must be voted on, became critical in that effort after disturbing information had been learned over the past few months. Information such as the increase in the number of euthanizations that have been performed over the last several years and the actual amount of money that was going toward animal care (according to the annual report, which was presented tonight, IMHS claims 70% of donations go toward animal care, but they include things like staff salary, and other possible overhead costs. Contrary to that figure, the Save Intermountain Animals group believes it possible that only 18 cents of every dollar was going toward animal care).

Dog and Puppy Statistics 2007-2010
File Attachment:

Cat and Kitten Statistics 2007-2010
File Attachment:

Over the last few months, little change has been effected. Proposals were submitted and a trailer was even offered free of charge to the Board of Directors for the purpose of housing animals, either sick or healthy, so that it would be easier to treat sick animals by isolating them in quarantine. The proposals and trailer offer was turned down by the Board. Here's the Board's response letter:
File Attachment:

Tonight, after some contentious debate about the by-laws, 3 Board members were submitted for renewal to go with the 2 empty seats. Five nominations were taken from the floor, and those five individuals were elected to the Board of Directors for 2 year terms. They are:
Dr. David O'Brien, D.V.M.
Mrs. Cappy O'Brien
Wendy Kelsey-Neuman
Steve Kelsey
Lynn Stockton

The new members of the Board have these goals below, and are hoping to implement positive change with the support of the community.
File Attachment:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds