Local Vets/IMHS Ringworm Discussion Reference.

20 May 2011 12:03 #51 by ScienceChic
The previous Board members still on the Board are:
Cindy Manning
Debra McCarthy
Julie Denby
Carl Sharp

Last night, Sherry Lightcap, Dr. David Palmini, and Sharon Winterrowd were voted out and the five I listed earlier were voted in (Dr. Dave O'Brien, Cappy O'Brien, Wendy Kelsey Neuman, Steve Kelsey, and Lynn Stockton join the four above).

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 May 2011 13:09 #52 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Local Vets/IMHS Ringworm Discussion Reference.
Okay, I was able to get this on a player but I do not have the PHP experience to fix the header right now, it says Park County and is IMHS . Ignore the right video and the header they are wrong.

IMHS is on the left. I am working on fix but wanted everyone to see this.

http://285bound.com/Forums/video.php?video=17

Edited to add-- Replaced with the correct video.

20 May 2011 14:05 #53 by Wily Fox aka Angela
man, that woman really went after you, Sharon... she was really rude to you. Thank you for standing up and getting information out to the community

WHAT THE HELL IS SHE SO AFRAID OF???

20 May 2011 14:07 - 20 May 2011 14:45 #54 by Wily Fox aka Angela
is that rude woman still on the board? what is her name?

she keeps claiming "hostile meeting" - she seems to be the only one that is showing hostile behavior...
the threat "any member can be expelled"

and now she is attacking 285bound... and making statements that the site is not moderated and has dubious language. Sharon corrected her and helped her understand that the site is indeed moderated and only the ring has language and members have to be over 18 (etc etc) to go in. She responded with crossed arms and a hmmmmm... that discussion went on for a while and then the videotaping was allowed. Someone knowing the rules kept stating the motion was put to vote and voted on to allow it and that finally prevailed.

back to the movie :popcorn:

I looked her up and it would appear that she is still on the board. I hope she calms down and is willing to work with the new members of the board. I also hope that she can see that people are trying to work WITH and from WITHIN to promote good change.

I hope the community stays involved and holds people accountable. I don't think the current board was prepared for the scrutiny it was given last night. They were very defensive. I think the members were being quite cordial and professional in the meeting. Hats off.

Quote from board member :" usually the membership does not show up to the meetings. "

so it would seem the board has gotten used to just doing what they think is best based on their relationships within the board.

Let's hope this has now changed. Sometimes something really good can happen from a tragedy as the euthanasia of 23 cats for ringworm.

20 May 2011 14:23 #55 by CinnamonGirl

20 May 2011 14:24 #56 by LopingAlong
Oh, this first one is pretty good. Wish I had some popcorn.

20 May 2011 14:47 #57 by Wily Fox aka Angela
It would seem the term limits have some confusion around them as regards to the bylaws. I think the current board member terms should be evaluated more closely. I plan to go to June's meeting. I think that there will be at least one more position up for election.

If I understand it correctly, the bylaws state every two years from time you are elected to board, your position comes up

The previous Board members still on the Board are:
Cindy Manning
Debra McCarthy
Julie Denby
Carl Sharp

I am not sure how/where we can find out when these existing member seats are up for election. Does anyone know?

20 May 2011 14:55 #58 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Local Vets/IMHS Ringworm Discussion Reference.
The stats seem pretty telling and I would like to point out that on the IMHS blog I was very concerned and confused to see that they somehow took in many kittens. http://shelterpets.imhs.org/?p=670

I am feeling better with new board members in place however. You guys did a damn good job at the meeting and otherwise.

20 May 2011 15:03 #59 by Wily Fox aka Angela
DOAH! I clicked the refresh button on the window (click happy human error) that had the video going and now it started over and with DSL, it will take a while to "spool up" to where I left off. I gotta get back to work, so I'll watch the rest tomorrow

THANK YOU!

20 May 2011 15:36 #60 by Lucky

Wily Fox aka Angela wrote: man, that woman really went after you, Sharon... she was really rude to you. Thank you for standing up and getting information out to the community

WHAT THE HELL IS SHE SO AFRAID OF???

She was angry at being questioned at all.
I was expecting to watch a few minutes and ended up watching the whole video, fascinating! Thanks to all involved, I will now start my contributions again to IMHS. This is the way community organizations should work. I liked the other board member worrying about moderation and language here, like she should control "language". Arrogance to the extreme.

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds