Local Vets/IMHS Ringworm Discussion Reference.

31 May 2011 12:04 #81 by MsMAM

Wily Fox aka Angela wrote:

MsMAM wrote:

freebird wrote: <snip> I was surprised that he quoted Cindy Manning's comment made in the Members' meeting that 99% of the members in attendance had never volunteered or been there before that evening. I know most of the members there had either/both volunteered in some way at the shelter (some in past years), donated, fostered, and/or adopted their pets from the shelter. The reporter was told this but it seems he decided not to include it in the article.

<snip>

Yeah - that comment kinda made me mad. It was a bad generalization. I know I have volunteered for the shelter a touch, and I have a vested interest in pets. I think she was just mad that they were being called on their decisions. Well, I think that was just too bad. The bottom line is the community spoke. There were a a lot of us that wondered why they had put all of those cats down. Especially w/o asking for help. To be honest - I am sorry the one gal gave up here seat instead of Cindy. That's my $.02

I chuckled when I heard someone in the meeting respond to that comment with "we put on a new roof" . I was part of that, we painted the entire shelter inside and replaced a rotten, leaky roof over a storage barn, along with installing a sink, cleaning, repairing a leaky sink, etc. It was a "Barn Raising" action, organized by one of the newest board members, Steve. http://www.pinecam.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... 65&start=0

Funny - that was me, kiddo. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 May 2011 13:06 #82 by Wily Fox aka Angela

31 May 2011 13:15 #83 by MsMAM

Wily Fox aka Angela wrote: right on, girl!

http://www.pinecam.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=82665&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=132

And here are pics of a bunch of us. Of course, I have my Marshall hat on.

The barnraisers rock. I have a facebook page of it - if anyone would like to join for info. Its is 285 barnraisers. I don't go onto pinecam anymore, so I needed some place to get info. I have met some pretty wonderful people. I am a lucky gal. I like the pic of Ed, me, Paca, and Ridge just watching. :lol: I am amazed I crawled up there as I am terrified of heights. It is where Steve-o met Wendy, so I think that is pretty cool too.

:Off Topic So Sorry

31 May 2011 13:41 #84 by Wily Fox aka Angela
I thought the same thing but someone said that Steve-O knew Wendy before that, but maybe that adventure helped to seal the deal. and Ridgewalker...you gotta love a woman with her own tool belt and hardhat!

31 May 2011 15:37 #85 by JMC

MsMAM wrote:

Wily Fox aka Angela wrote: right on, girl!

http://www.pinecam.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=82665&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=132

And here are pics of a bunch of us. Of course, I have my Marshall hat on.

The barnraisers rock. I have a facebook page of it - if anyone would like to join for info. Its is 285 barnraisers. I don't go onto pinecam anymore, so I needed some place to get info. I have met some pretty wonderful people. I am a lucky gal. I like the pic of Ed, me, Paca, and Ridge just watching. :lol: I am amazed I crawled up there as I am terrified of heights. It is where Steve-o met Wendy, so I think that is pretty cool too.

:Off Topic So Sorry

I ,for one, love when threads go a little of topic and get a life of their own.

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds