Local Vets/IMHS Ringworm Discussion Reference.

20 May 2011 17:17 #61 by HappyCamper
So my question is when will Cindy Manning be voted on? If her term is up in June does that mean she will get to stay until next May?

I very mush applaud the wome who stepped down when clearly it should have been Manning, those members that have to work with her you have your work cut out as she seems very bitter.

Please old and new members remember it is not a personal attack it is about the animals and it is just too bad that it had to come to this. You have the communities attention so I am very much looking for the new ideas that are sure to come and how I can help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 May 2011 17:20 #62 by JMC

HappyCamper wrote: So my question is when will Cindy Manning be voted on? If her term is up in June does that mean she will get to stay until next May?

I very mush applaud the wome who stepped down when clearly it should have been Manning, those members that have to work with her you have your work cut out as she seems very bitter.

Please old and new members remember it is not a personal attack it is about the animals and it is just too bad that it had to come to this. You have the communities attention so I am very much looking for the new ideas that are sure to come and how I can help.

Unless she quits, she will be there until the next members meeting in May 2012, I agree that she seemed bitter and I was hoping the woman that put herself up for re- election(removal) had been the one to stay on, I thought she was a class act .

20 May 2011 17:24 #63 by Wily Fox aka Angela
I think every meeting CAN be a member's meeting can't it? It is just up until now, members have not been going (according to board's comments in video) From what I understand, it will be four years for her next month. I think her seat is up for a vote in June, but I don't know and as I have stated before, I do not have the patience or fortitude to do the bylaws reading to know that... so hopefully, someone that has, will answer with clarity. Hopefully, cooler heads will rule. I was NOT impressed with her performance last night. Maybe the video will be a "teachable moment" for her. Maybe she doesn't realize how she comes off (giving her the benefit of the doubt). Time will tell.

20 May 2011 17:32 #64 by JMC
I thought the other board members reacted with a lot of class and dignity. I am sure the board will sort out the issues regarding the terms of the directors so they comply with the bylaws going forward.

20 May 2011 17:40 #65 by ScienceChic
I believe the record keeping issue was brought up and the previous board members said that they would gather the info of who was elected when, and when they are up for renewal, and send the information out to whomever requested it. It's somewhere in the video...

Cindy Manning said that she came on board to replace someone in the middle of their term so she served one year, was elected for renewal, which put her at 3 years, and then was voted for renewal again last year so she's one year into her current (2nd) 2 year term. The details of who was actually voted on for renewal last year are kind of fuzzy, so I look forward to the clarification.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

20 May 2011 17:45 #66 by Wily Fox aka Angela
OK, so I had this thought... if members can be expelled, as Cindy notified the new members last night;I would think board members would enjoy the same opportunity to be expelled.

20 May 2011 18:07 #67 by HappyCamper
Well, I hope she is a team player and will get over the tude problem.

I would very much like to see the new ideas that come out going forward. I am still proceeding with caution and before saying oh, there are new board members here's my check we will wait to see how all this shakes out.

I am hoping they will work with the businesses a little more so maybe some of them can advertise if the sponsor a cat cage and or feeding a dog for a year.

I think it would be cool to have a dog wash event, my guys are wash and wear so it would be a perfect thing. While they are getting washed I could eat a hotdog which I would happily donate some dogs and buns to be sold while people are waiting on their animals.

I know this idea sounds way out there but every year I get garlic from my sister who purchases it from Gilroy Farms in Caliornia. It is wonderful so maybe getting something like that where people can prepay fro some yummy items and the proceeds benefit IMHS.

More auctions online would be great also for bigger items that might be donated. I would bid big for a house cleaner (that's not me) I could tell hubby it's for the animals not that I hate cleaning lol

20 May 2011 18:19 #68 by freebird

HappyCamper wrote: ...Please old and new members remember it is not a personal attack it is about the animals and it is just too bad that it had to come to this. You have the communities attention so I am very much looking for the new ideas that are sure to come and how I can help.

I very much share the sentiment covered above, and by others. We (the community, and especially members and/or volunteers of IMHS) need to continue doing what we can for the Society. I believe IMHS (and I am an active volunteer) will need our help and it can be in a variety of forms...our time, ideas, and even financial.

Wily Fox, I was there last night and can clarify one of your questions. The point raised by the members last evening was that a return to compliance with the Bylaws (and you don't enjoy spending an evening with a glass of wine by your side, pouring through bylaws???) was necessary. Based upon the Bylaws of IMHS, the members vote for 1/2 of the Board positions in the May Annual meeting. If the # of Directors is odd, then one May annual meeting just less than half of the director positions are voted on and in the following year just over half are voted on. Thus, the next membership vote will be held in May, 2012's Annual Members Meeting.

I guess things can always change but I would expect that any such change would be made in compliance with the current Bylaws.

I hope that helps...and I might be mistaken but think I am right based on my read of the Bylaws and the points made by the membership at last evening's meeting.

20 May 2011 18:29 #69 by freebird

HappyCamper wrote: I would very much like to see the new ideas that come out going forward. I am still proceeding with caution and before saying oh, there are new board members here's my check we will wait to see how all this shakes out.

I think it would be cool to have a dog wash event, my guys are wash and wear so it would be a perfect thing. While they are getting washed I could eat a hotdog which I would happily donate some dogs and buns to be sold while people are waiting on their animals.

I know this idea sounds way out there but every year I get garlic from my sister who purchases it from Gilroy Farms in Caliornia. It is wonderful so maybe getting something like that where people can prepay fro some yummy items and the proceeds benefit IMHS.

More auctions online would be great also for bigger items that might be donated. I would bid big for a house cleaner (that's not me) I could tell hubby it's for the animals not that I hate cleaning lol

Actually, you have some good ideas. I missed the April IMHS Board meeting (business trip) so don't know if there was an update on this but in the March Board meeting there was a discussion about a dog wash as a fundraising event. I don't recall them talking about selling food but I think that is a natural combination of ways to raise money in one event.

Maybe we can start a new thread in this subforum where we share ideas for fundraising among other ideas for IMHS.

20 May 2011 18:37 #70 by chickaree
I think it's important that the community remains involved and supportive of the changes the new board members advocate. The board is narrowly split now and that could be a recipe for gridlock.

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds