Local Vets/IMHS Ringworm Discussion Reference.

20 May 2011 06:52 #41 by pacamom
Thanks for taking the time to post this information.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 May 2011 09:39 #42 by JMC
The organizers from Save Intermountain Animals were prepared,professional and articulate at the meeting last night.Most of all they were successful.Every one should watch the video to see how to make change work at the community level. 5 new board members were elected over the strenuous objections of the existing board. My thanks to all the people that attended and worked so hard to make the needed changes. For the most part the existing board was polite and reasonable and they also have my thanks for their hard work.

20 May 2011 10:02 #43 by chickaree
I hope the new board will consider keeping us all updated on the changes.

20 May 2011 10:24 #44 by Wily Fox aka Angela
I commend Wendy & Steve, and all the other dedicated folks that worked hard to make positive change from within. I must admit, I did not have the patience for this; but I am glad that we have some that are.

I agree with Chickaree, IMHS can go a LONG way in rebuilding good will by keeping the community informed and doing so on ALL available sites up here. I hope the policy of NO communication to 285bound is changed as well. We all care and we all want information. Thanks to all.

20 May 2011 10:40 #45 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Local Vets/IMHS Ringworm Discussion Reference.
Hey we have a animal/pet page to get the word out with as well. We would LOVE to work with IMHS if they are willing.

I am very happy to see this change.

20 May 2011 11:34 #46 by RivendaleFarms
Science Chic,
I'm not clear, were the new elected members in addition to the existing board (less whichever 2 vacancies there were) or are they replacing the existing board? I checked the IMHS site, it's not updated yet. Were you able to come away with a complete board list that's current?

Also, thank you so much for taking the time to do this and keep us informed!

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

20 May 2011 11:40 #47 by Wily Fox aka Angela
sent you an email, Sal...of course, there are BYLAWS outlining when/where/how board members come up for renewal - every so many years with a full moon on your mother's birthday except in cases where it is also a leap year, yadayadayada(bureaucracy... even as anal as I am, I find that I have little patience for it, even though it appears to be a necessarily evil in our world). We'll be able to see once they finish converting the video, hopefully by end of today.

20 May 2011 11:42 #48 by mtnvicky
Thanks for posting this and thanks to the SIA for trying to make some much needed changes !

20 May 2011 11:49 #49 by JMC

RivendaleFarms wrote: Science Chic,
I'm not clear, were the new elected members in addition to the existing board (less whichever 2 vacancies there were) or are they replacing the existing board? I checked the IMHS site, it's not updated yet. Were you able to come away with a complete board list that's current?

Also, thank you so much for taking the time to do this and keep us informed!

2 new members and 3 were replaced . There is a total of 9 now

20 May 2011 11:59 #50 by ScienceChic
[youtube:1i8zh4gr]
[/youtube:1i8zh4gr]

We're still trying to load the video of the whole meeting, but here's a taste of what happened last night!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds