Todays fires

21 Apr 2011 16:08 #1 by Martin Ent Inc
Todays fires was created by Martin Ent Inc
Coming up T Creek there was a fire that just started before Indian Hills turn off. Several people were already stopped.
Further up Mr Myers old field was on fire. :VeryScared:

Hopefully it wasn't someone lighting them cause I would risk a jury trial cause if I caught the person I'd beat their arse.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Apr 2011 16:15 #2 by Wily Fox aka Angela
Replied by Wily Fox aka Angela on topic Todays fires
I've heard an unconfirmed rumor that a truck dragging a chain coming up 285 caused a series of fires, but I can't get it confirmed. I hope Norm is OK. The field has a lot of historic old log cabins out there. Are they gone now?

21 Apr 2011 16:28 #3 by Local_Historian
Replied by Local_Historian on topic Todays fires
It looks like it's on the opposite side of the highway, Wily. I'll ask spouse about it when he comes back up in two hours.

21 Apr 2011 16:30 #4 by Grady
Replied by Grady on topic Todays fires

Martin Ent Inc wrote: Coming up T Creek there was a fire that just started before Indian Hills turn off. Several people were already stopped.
Further up Mr Myers old field was on fire. :VeryScared:

Hopefully it wasn't someone lighting them cause I would risk a jury trial cause if I caught the person I'd beat their arse.

Tell your attorney to ensure that Grady in on the jury, I’ll watch your back. :wink:

21 Apr 2011 16:34 #5 by Local_Historian
Replied by Local_Historian on topic Todays fires
Wily - also forgot - the news is saying it was indeed a truck dragging a chain. (Just heard from someone else on FB that it was his catalytic converter) But damn, still... all that way and you don't notice?? Someone catch that asshat and beat him with a chain, will ya?

21 Apr 2011 16:45 #6 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic Todays fires
Wow, this is the closest fire we've had to us. My daughter baby sits for a couple of families up here and we called one of them and they were shopping in Evergreen and came back. The other one lives at the end of a road right above where the fire is climbing up the mountain. Needless to say, they were packing up to leave and very nervous. They have a 4 year old, and 2 2 year olds. We immediately packed up their kids and helped them gather some essentials and took them back to our house. Hopefully the parents will be here soon. I'm leaving now to check on them. It is EXTREMELY smoking back there. Big sleepover tonight. Hope everyone is ok. Bye! :heart:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

21 Apr 2011 16:55 #7 by RivendaleFarms
Replied by RivendaleFarms on topic Todays fires
From Channel 7's website: "The fire started in grass next to the highway at Meyer Ranch Open Space Park and was caused by a truck dragging a chain, according to Elk Creek Fire Chief Bill Dolan." http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/27 ... etail.html

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

21 Apr 2011 16:56 #8 by RivendaleFarms
Replied by RivendaleFarms on topic Todays fires
SG, hope your friends are ok!

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

21 Apr 2011 17:16 #9 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Todays fires

21 Apr 2011 18:31 #10 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Todays fires
I find the posting of "actual" addresses to be inappropriate on a public forum.
Just sayin!

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds