Todays fires

21 Apr 2011 21:45 #21 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Todays fires

jf1acai wrote: We, correction - I, did not do as well today as I would have liked, and I apologize for that.

What are you talking about? You did great as always. JF1 works at this through the night sometimes. He is a tireless worker.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Apr 2011 21:47 - 21 Apr 2011 21:53 #22 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic Todays fires

kresspin wrote: And thanks for posting the link to listen to the fire operations online on the 285Bound Facebook page. I don't have a scanner and wouldn't know what to do with it if I did.

It was fascinating to listen to on my computer.

It's no wonder you have more than twice as many Facebook fans as Pinecam. :heart: (they didn't even mention it on Facebook)

:thumbsup:

Closest I've ever been to a fire before. You know you're close when they say, "You need to move because we can't drop the fire retardant because you don't have on a hard hat." OMG, I was getting pretty nervous. Hopefully the measures we took will save their house as it is the closest one in danger.

To the idiot who started this fire: Hopefully you will read this and let me tell you the reality of what you did. Our friends house was the closest and in danger. My daughter and I went their to see what we could do to help. Not only were the parents panicked trying to get what they needed, but they basically said take our babies and keep them safe. We put them all in our car while the oldest was crying that he was scared he was going to loose his house, his cat, and he was upset to leave without his parents. I hope you don't have a child who ever has to go through that fear. He was very upset when his parents had to leave again after coming to say hi and give kisses. What kind of uncaring moron are you?

Sending some major love out to the scanner team here and all the firefighters and they did a great job and showed us what to do to help. They were amazing. Kuddos to IMHS who I saw out today. I'd like to know more about what they do in situations like this. It appeared they were doing a rescue but I don't know.

Most importantly to our friends: I hope you get at least a little sleep tonight and that tomorrow the weather works in your favor. :heart:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

21 Apr 2011 21:51 #23 by Sunshine Girl

CinnamonGirl wrote:

jf1acai wrote: We, correction - I, did not do as well today as I would have liked, and I apologize for that.

What are you talking about? You did great as always. JF1 works at this through the night sometimes. He is a tireless worker.

:heart: jf1acai :heart:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

21 Apr 2011 21:59 #24 by RivendaleFarms
Replied by RivendaleFarms on topic Todays fires
SG, I'm so very glad you were there today to help them out - I'm guessing it took an amazing weight off the parents' shoulders knowing their kids were in such good hands so they could focus on what else needed to be taken care of. So, kudos to you, too!

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

21 Apr 2011 22:09 #25 by Sunshine Girl
Thanks RF. That is the first thing I would say too. Please take my children. If you look at the pics from the fire you can see a house on the top of the hill with red fire retardant under it. They are friends of ours too and I talked quickly with him before the news person interviewed him. Our other friends house is just east of it and lower near the rocks. I had to go over to the house you can see to ask for a truck to be sent to the other house too. Five minutes later it was there! Amazing! It is hard to see their house from the road. Their house was actually in more danger. We are on the cliff about 500ft above the fire looking down. I wish I had my camera because those would have been some great shots but we were too busy doing what we could to save the house if the fire came up there. Gotta be honest, it was scary up there. The firefighters were calm, cool, and collected though. I need a shower! LOL Sure made us do some more thinking about fire mitigation that's for sure.

21 Apr 2011 22:11 #26 by CinnamonGirl
Do you have some pics you could post too SG? Glad everyone is okay.

21 Apr 2011 22:15 #27 by Sunshine Girl
I didn't think to even take my camera. Besides I don't think I would have had time. I will be going over in the morning to see how everything is and I will take my camera then. HOPEFULLY there will be no fire to take pics of. I will get some though of what it looks like from up there looking down over the scorched areas. I hope the weather cooperates. The smoke was extremely thick up there too so I don't know what would have come out.

21 Apr 2011 22:36 #28 by chocolove
Replied by chocolove on topic Todays fires
last updates from 850koa are that 80 homes are evacuated. Nothing new from Jefferson County Sheriffs blog.

http://jeffcosheriff1.blogspot.com/

22 Apr 2011 00:36 - 11 Dec 2016 00:26 #29 by kresspin
Replied by kresspin on topic Todays fires
They only evacuated four roads (Hillview Road, Valley High Road, Bobsled Trail and Fairall Road) and I doubt there are 80 homes on those roads. KOA may have mistaken emergency alert notification calls to 80 phone numbers as 80 homes, which is not the case as many who signed up for the 911 calls signed up home AND cell phones.

22 Apr 2011 06:29 #30 by CinnamonGirl

Sunshine Girl wrote: I didn't think to even take my camera. Besides I don't think I would have had time. I will be going over in the morning to see how everything is and I will take my camera then. HOPEFULLY there will be no fire to take pics of. I will get some though of what it looks like from up there looking down over the scorched areas. I hope the weather cooperates. The smoke was extremely thick up there too so I don't know what would have come out.

Sorry, I thought you said you had a picture. :) My mistake.

read more http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/27 ... etail.html

The fire started in grass next to the highway at Meyer Ranch Open Space Park around 2 p.m. and was caused by a truck dragging a chain, according to Elk Creek Fire Chief Bill Dolan.
The fire ignited along southbound Highway 285, about 100 yards east of the historic Meyer Ranch home, which was built in 1889.
A single-engine air tanker (SEAT) was called in from the Jefferson County Airport and arrived at 4:10 p.m. to make a water drop. A TYPE 2 helicopter with a water bucket arrived at the fire at 4:30 p.m. and made multiple bucket drops on hot spots.

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds