Todays fires

22 Apr 2011 20:21 #71 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic Todays fires

Science Chic wrote: My thanks too to the scanner team and everyone who helped get the info out there! Love you all!!! As CG said, please do sign up for the email alerts - if there's something major going on, emailing everyone is one of the first things we do!

SG - you are a incredible woman! You go right on speaking your mind and doing good! :heart:

Thanks SC! It seems like I finally got through to one person today and I have a better understanding of how others look at situations than how I do. I am still right though. :wink: Seriously though, something better came of a tough situation and like I said I think we got off lucky THIS TIME.

You know the show 20/20 "What Would You Do?" I am that person who wouldn't hesitate and speak up. And when I say speak up I actually mean get in your face and stop whatever is going on. If pushed I might even let out an unladylike word or two as well. I just get from point A to L without even thinking. Maybe most don't do that and that was what I saw. I would be the person handing out the shovel and saying, "You go here" instead of waiting for them to ask. lol :faint:

I'm really glad everything worked out ok and I had a huge breakdown with my daughter (whom I very proud of) today. I was crying and hugging her and wouldn't let her go. I think she thought I lost my mind. Ha! That happened a LONG time ago. I have never been more proud of her in her 14 years than I was watching her handle what was thrown her way. AND I MADE SURE SHE KNEW IT! The family said that any other babysitter is just downhill from here. rofllol The best part about this experience is that we can still laugh about it and we grew from this experience without the loss of life or homes. :heart:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Apr 2011 22:55 #72 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic Todays fires

As of 8:11 PM, full containment of the Meyer Ranch Fire was achieved. Our hard-working fire crews relinquished their posts on the fire lines for the evening, and Jefferson County Sheriff is monitoring the perimeter overnight. Elk Creek Fire, Jefferson County Type 6, and the San Carlos hand crew will debrief tomorrow at 7:30 am, and an additional press release will follow.
Posted by jeffcosheriff at 10:45 PM

Source

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

23 Apr 2011 03:39 #73 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Todays fires
Jefferson County Sheriff's investigators are looking for a person who may be responsible for the Meyer Ranch Fire and two smaller fires that broke out in the same area along Highway 285 Thursday afternoon.

The Meyer Ranch Fire started as a grass fire around 3:30 p.m and spread to a steep, rocky area.

They are asking for information from anyone who saw a suspicious person or activity between 2 and 4 p.m. on Thursday. The area of concern is Highway 285 between Parmalee Gulch and Richmond Hill.

JeffCo Sheriff's officials are urging citizens that may have seen unusual activity or suspicous person in the area of the fires to call their tipline at 303-271-5612.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/19462 ... Ranch-Fire

23 Apr 2011 07:26 #74 by RivendaleFarms
Replied by RivendaleFarms on topic Todays fires
Snowing like mad this morning - we've got over 3 inches so far - who knew I could be so glad to see snow in late April! Hopefully this will take care of any lingering hot spots!

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

23 Apr 2011 07:29 #75 by CinnamonGirl
Very good news!

23 Apr 2011 08:37 #76 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic Todays fires

RivendaleFarms wrote: Snowing like mad this morning - we've got over 3 inches so far - who knew I could be so glad to see snow in late April! Hopefully this will take care of any lingering hot spots!

Just woke up t see this.......... AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

23 Apr 2011 10:04 #77 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic Todays fires

Saturday, April 23, 2011
Meyer Ranch Fire Contained

The crews on the Meyer Ranch Fire achieved 100% containment yesterday evening as expected. Snowfall in the area, while a favorable change in the weather, raises some concern for the safety of crews as they navigate the slippery rock terrain inspecting the area for hot spots and beginning clean up of tools and fire hose.

Incident Commander, Scott Halladay, commended the crews for their outstanding work yesterday. "Everything on the fire line looks excellent. Thank you for all your efforts," said Halladay at the morning briefing. Jefferson County Fire Management Officer, Rocco Snart, added, "Day three and we remain without injury, so be diligent and be safe."

The crews expect to finish mop-up today between noon and 2:00 pm. At that time, the San Carlos crew will head back to Woodland Park where they will remain available for any Colorado wildfire emergencies, and Elk Creek Fire and Rescue will continue to monitor the area.
Posted by jeffcosheriff at 9:16 AM

Source

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

23 Apr 2011 10:13 #78 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Todays fires
Good news! Thanks for the update jf1acai!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

23 Apr 2011 11:05 #79 by CinnamonGirl

23 Apr 2011 12:48 #80 by 2wlady
Replied by 2wlady on topic Todays fires
It always amazes me to see trees still standing while there was fire all around them. I find that awesome.

There's supposed to be snow/rain/showers to Wednesday. Woohoo!

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds