Todays fires

22 Apr 2011 11:21 #41 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Todays fires
http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ ... gn=twitter

Winds pose threat for crews battling the Meyer Ranch fire near Conifer-- Update DP.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Apr 2011 11:32 #43 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Todays fires
TY wily. Pictures, updates and links are appreciated more than you know.

22 Apr 2011 11:42 #44 by Wily Fox aka Angela
Replied by Wily Fox aka Angela on topic Todays fires
as SG has stated: THIS is NOT a grass fire... it may have started that way, but no more. Stay safe.

22 Apr 2011 11:52 #45 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic Todays fires
Here's an update:

Things are VERY confusing right now. I left to go get a look at how it is right now and I was stopped by a sheriff telling me that it is a voluntary evacuation right now but if you leave you can't come back. They said they would help with pets if we needed. My friend and two other guys (the one that was there yesterday) went down the hill to put out hot spots.

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

22 Apr 2011 11:53 #46 by kresspin
Replied by kresspin on topic Todays fires
Folks, we've known for some time we're in fire season early.

Every family should have go bags already prepared and ready, so they don't have to be wasting time trying to find everything when minutes count.

When you live in fire country, that's what you do.

22 Apr 2011 12:01 #47 by Sunshine Girl
Opps clicked submit but didn't finish.

The cop at the bottom wouldn't let me back in either and he is still there. I went to my friends house to see what else I could do and he was leaving to go try to get his wife who was at the church and they wouldn't let her back in. I told him I would go get her and I wouldn't take no for an answer. :wink: On my way out I saw the same sheriff (she is really sweet) and she said there was confusion whether there was an evacuation or not. She said right then it didn't seem like there was. VERY CONFUSING but that is to be understood. In true "mom fashion" I asked her to write me a pass to give to the guy at the bottom to let her back in. He took one look at it and said, "No problem."

I found my friend and we were ready to leave when I saw the news crew and he asked if I lived up there. I told him no but my friend (in the other car) does and we were way lower than where the fire retardant is. I told her he wanted to talk to her and she was on Channel 4 news. Very cool! Now she's mad at me that I made her go on the news. lol Not really, but she is kinda shy I think.

Things are looking better right now then they were this morning. I'll be going back in a couple of hours and I am well aware things can change and flair back up. Just a bit of a perspective of how close her house is: she is just in the middle between where you see the red retardant and where the trees start near the bottom. Very close to be sure!

Keep your eyes open today and don't think that things are all better yet.

AND FOR GOD'S SAKE......PLEASE HELP YOUR NEIGHBOR IF AT ALL POSSIBLE!

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

22 Apr 2011 12:03 #48 by Sunshine Girl

Wily Fox aka Angela wrote: as SG has stated: THIS is NOT a grass fire... it may have started that way, but no more. Stay safe.

Thank you! It didn't look like 'just a grass fire' from where I was standing yesterday either! Guess some people are just experts on everything. :angry: :bash

22 Apr 2011 12:16 #49 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic Todays fires
Regarding 'only a grass fire' - here is a great video - http://www.myfirevideos.net/Default.aspx?VideoID=484

That is one reason we always use the term 'vegetation fire' in scanner posts.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

22 Apr 2011 12:21 #50 by Maineiac
Replied by Maineiac on topic Todays fires
A friend of mine called a little while ago to say it looked like there was also a fire in Evergreen - does anyone know about that, or could she have been seeing smoke from the Myers Ranch fire?

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds