Todays fires

21 Apr 2011 19:39 #11 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic Todays fires

Martin Ent Inc wrote: Coming up T Creek there was a fire that just started before Indian Hills turn off. Several people were already stopped.
Further up Mr Myers old field was on fire. :VeryScared:

Hopefully it wasn't someone lighting them cause I would risk a jury trial cause if I caught the person I'd beat their arse.

Need help?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Apr 2011 19:43 #12 by Rockdoc

RivendaleFarms wrote: From Channel 7's website: "The fire started in grass next to the highway at Meyer Ranch Open Space Park and was caused by a truck dragging a chain, according to Elk Creek Fire Chief Bill Dolan." http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/27 ... etail.html

You know, I have a hard time believing that. I suppose it can happen, but how do you keep a spark from a chain alive all the way to the grassland? Most sparks from chain dragging are exceedingly short-lived. One of you firemen out there enlighten me.

21 Apr 2011 19:43 - 21 Apr 2011 19:48 #13 by Rockdoc
removed duplicate post

21 Apr 2011 19:45 #14 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Todays fires
All I can say is that an arson investigator was called to the scene of the Parmalee fire and all fires were requested to be placed on the same CR.

21 Apr 2011 20:22 #15 by djpenguin
Replied by djpenguin on topic Todays fires

Rockdoc Franz wrote:

RivendaleFarms wrote: From Channel 7's website: "The fire started in grass next to the highway at Meyer Ranch Open Space Park and was caused by a truck dragging a chain, according to Elk Creek Fire Chief Bill Dolan." http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/27 ... etail.html

You know, I have a hard time believing that. I suppose it can happen, but how do you keep a spark from a chain alive all the way to the grassland? Most sparks from chain dragging are exceedingly short-lived. One of you firemen out there enlighten me.

A few years ago there was a big fire near Chico, California. It was determined that it was caused by a golfer accidentally striking some small rocks with an iron while trying to get his ball back into play. I found that hard to believe too, but I guess anything is possible?

21 Apr 2011 20:25 #16 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Todays fires
So just curious, how is it that it takes match after match to light a campfire and a tiny spark to start a forest fire?

How odd.

21 Apr 2011 20:53 #17 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Todays fires
Thanks to the scanners. They do a great job and it is alot of work. :) :tulip: :Smileflower:

21 Apr 2011 21:16 #18 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic Todays fires
We, correction - I, did not do as well today as I would have liked, and I apologize for that.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

21 Apr 2011 21:18 #19 by RivendaleFarms
Replied by RivendaleFarms on topic Todays fires
Huge thanks to the scanner team today - for those of us working down the hill it helped keep us updated. Thank you!!

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

21 Apr 2011 21:22 #20 by kresspin
Replied by kresspin on topic Todays fires
And thanks for posting the link to listen to the fire operations online on the 285Bound Facebook page. I don't have a scanner and wouldn't know what to do with it if I did.

It was fascinating to listen to on my computer.

It's no wonder you have more than twice as many Facebook fans as Pinecam. :heart: (they didn't even mention it on Facebook)

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds