Todays fires

22 Apr 2011 14:12 #61 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Todays fires
LOL Martin Ent Inc

I still love Norm Jr. though.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Apr 2011 14:39 #62 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Todays fires
Per red cross Twitter.

PPRedCross Pikes Peak Red Cross
RT @RedCrossDenver: Red Cross stands down operations at #meyerfire.

RedCrossDenver Red Cross Denver
Evacuations for #meyerfire will be lifted today at 3:00pm. Stay safe everyone!

22 Apr 2011 14:42 #63 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Todays fires
That is great news.
Happy Easter everyone

22 Apr 2011 15:19 #64 by CinnamonGirl
Meyer Ranch Fire Update

The evacuation order for homes in the Eagle Cliff and Hillview subdivisions has been lifted as of 3:00 PM Friday April 22, 2011. Residents of those areas are allowed to return to their homes as the risk of fire extension has declined due to the efforts of firefighters on scene. “The cooperation and assistance of residents of the area surrounding the fire has been excellent,” said Pete Igel, Fire Chief of Elk Creek Fire Rescue.

Today 60 firefighters and other personnel have worked to contain the fire. “The work of Elk Creek firefighters, the assistance of surrounding departments, the Type 2 hand crew from San Carlos, Arizona, and the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office has been instrumental in limiting the growth of the Meyer Ranch Fire. Thankfully we have had no injuries to citizens and firefighters and no damage to any structures,” Igel said Friday afternoon.

As of 3:00 PM the fire is 50% contained. The fire continues to burn through forest litter and grass, but with limited runs and growth. Full containment is expected at 8:00 PM Friday evening. No additional resources are needed for the Meyer Ranch Fire. The San Carlos hand crew will continue mop-up operations on Saturday.

Date/Time Released: April 22, 2011 3:00 PM
Contact Person:
Jody Wagner
Elk Creek Fire Department
Meyer Ranch Fire
Public Information Officer
303-668-9796 Mobile

22 Apr 2011 15:29 - 22 Apr 2011 15:33 #65 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic Todays fires

Becky wrote: SG....I understand your frustration.
One always hopes that neighbors will lend a helping hand to other neighbors in a time of need.
I would like to think that your immediate neighbors did step up to help and if not, they possibly had good reason.
I have lived through more than a few of these close calls. I have lived with my pictures sitting in my car. My pets loaded up while I also reach out to my immediate neighbors.
Maybe we could make helping the folks on each side of us out a rule of thumb in a crisis. I know that is the situation in DCVR.
As for your extended friends coming to help.....I respectfully disagree.
Firefighters need clear roads and less people to deal with not more in a crisis such as this.
It is best for folks to just stay away so everyone can do their job and you can get safely out.
I thought of you and Norm Jr and Sr as well as several of my customers often yesterday as I listened from so far away. I was so relieved to hear that all was well.
Stay safe hon and don't let your anger and frustration get the best of you. Try to understand that everyone deals with an emergency in a bit different way.
I can tell you this.....I wish you were my neighbor.... :)

Thanks for your post Becky. I would like to think they had a good reason too, but not from what I saw and experienced. There was room for people to come and help and not be in the way. Actually, the main fireman was really appreciative of those that were there because they were spread kinda thin and we did the things that it would have taken them to do. I experienced first hand people THAT I THOUGHT WOULD HELP AND THAT I RESPECTED completely disinterested in helping someone else out. I don't care who you are, or if I know you, if you need my help and I have it to give then it's yours. I had a long disagreement with someone close to me today about how different people reaction is situations like this. He said that people move up here to get away from crowded areas. Ok, but when the h*ll did that translate into not helping each other? You'll help when it snows, but not when it is A LOT more frightening like a fire? BS! Then he tried to tell me that some people just don't perceive danger the same way. Well of course you didn't! You never once drove to see what the fire looked like and you just stayed at home 'working on your pet project.' I said, "WEEELLLLL if you were there (meaning him) you would have experienced a completely different feeling. One of a dire emergency, crying kids, a ton of smoke, and knowing that your house is the closest." In other words, he tried in vain to make excuses for his complete and utter lack of any concern. I call BS to that. He was in good company sad to say. There is NO ROOM for that when you live up here I think. But hey, that's just me. I'm the type to say, "S*** or get off the pot. If you're not going to do jack sh*t then get the h*ll out of my way so I can!!!!!!" Whew, I feel better now. LOL

Like I said, this was an eye-opener for me and NOT in a good way. We got lucky this time (so far), but who knows about next time. There are things that can be learned here. We really are all in this together I'd like to think. Maybe next time (cause we know there will be one) we will see more people giving a sh*t about someone else besides themselves. Here's hoping! I'd like to be your neighbor by the way! :wink:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

22 Apr 2011 15:30 #66 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic Todays fires

CinnamonGirl wrote: Meyer Ranch Fire Update

The evacuation order for homes in the Eagle Cliff and Hillview subdivisions has been lifted as of 3:00 PM Friday April 22, 2011. Residents of those areas are allowed to return to their homes as the risk of fire extension has declined due to the efforts of firefighters on scene. “The cooperation and assistance of residents of the area surrounding the fire has been excellent,” said Pete Igel, Fire Chief of Elk Creek Fire Rescue.

Today 60 firefighters and other personnel have worked to contain the fire. “The work of Elk Creek firefighters, the assistance of surrounding departments, the Type 2 hand crew from San Carlos, Arizona, and the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office has been instrumental in limiting the growth of the Meyer Ranch Fire. Thankfully we have had no injuries to citizens and firefighters and no damage to any structures,” Igel said Friday afternoon.

As of 3:00 PM the fire is 50% contained. The fire continues to burn through forest litter and grass, but with limited runs and growth. Full containment is expected at 8:00 PM Friday evening. No additional resources are needed for the Meyer Ranch Fire. The San Carlos hand crew will continue mop-up operations on Saturday.

Date/Time Released: April 22, 2011 3:00 PM
Contact Person:
Jody Wagner
Elk Creek Fire Department
Meyer Ranch Fire
Public Information Officer
303-668-9796 Mobile

Wonderful job by all fire crews involved! Thank you very much and to the scanner team as well. Great job 285Bound as usual. Just signed up for the email fire alerts too. Kudos to you!

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

22 Apr 2011 15:35 #67 by CinnamonGirl
Sheriff's Office Opening Tipline for Meyer Ranch Fire

The Meyer Ranch fire appears to be one of several started along Highway 285 in the area of Meyer Ranch, Parmalee Gulch and Richmond Hill. Sheriff’s investigators are urging citizens to contact the tipline at 303-271-5612 to provide information regarding unusual activity or suspicious persons in the area between the hours of 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, April 21. The area of concern is Highway 285 between Parmalee Gulch and Richmond Hill.

http://jeffcosheriff1.blogspot.com/2011 ... e-for.html

22 Apr 2011 15:38 #68 by CinnamonGirl
Thank you to everyone for the updates, info pics. Keep helping us!! Glad everyone is safe.

I hate to say it again but please sign up

File Attachment:

22 Apr 2011 17:02 #69 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Todays fires
My thanks too to the scanner team and everyone who helped get the info out there! Love you all!!! As CG said, please do sign up for the email alerts - if there's something major going on, emailing everyone is one of the first things we do!

SG - you are a incredible woman! You go right on speaking your mind and doing good! :heart:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

22 Apr 2011 17:06 #70 by RivendaleFarms
Replied by RivendaleFarms on topic Todays fires
I've said it before, I'll say it again, the email alerts have been terrific at letting me know about fires this year. Live in Conifer (and have livestock), work in Golden, so those emails are priceless. Thank you!

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds