Say something nice thread! :)

18 May 2011 20:10 #11 by Rockdoc
It was a lunch. Had it not been for SG, I would have missed it too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 May 2011 20:15 #12 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic Say something nice thread! :)

major bean wrote: The hummingbirds are back and spring is now underway. We have band tails at the bird feed and I saw a mountain lion last week. This is as nice as it gets!

I wanna see a mountain lion sometime, just not when out hiking! Cool!

The birds are out in force too, had one on the woodstove pipe this AM making a racket.

Rockdoc, let me know when and where. Weekdays are best at lunchtime!

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

18 May 2011 20:17 #13 by jf1acai
Love the moisture, keeps the fire danger down, and waters my 'lawn'.

Thanks for this thread!

:thumbsup:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

18 May 2011 20:23 #14 by archer
neptunechimney, it was one of those spur of the moment things on another thread....all ScienceChic's fault.....really. She said lunch....and I said absolutely....where and when, I'll be there. Yeah, I'm that easy. After today, I am so psyched to meet more people from this board, it was like a breath of fresh air, good fun, good conversation, good people, good food, very good wine. For the first time since we got back to Colorado I really felt like I was HOME!
I sure hope there will be more lunches, with more people....and more chances to explore just who lives in our "neighborhood". I'd love to meet you at the next one neptune!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

18 May 2011 20:32 #15 by jf1acai
Keep an eye out for more info about the next 285 picnic!

I also want to meet and get to know more of you!

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

18 May 2011 20:33 #16 by Blazer Bob

archer wrote: neptunechimney, it was one of those spur of the moment things on another thread....all ScienceChic's fault.....really. She said lunch....and I said absolutely....where and when, I'll be there. Yeah, I'm that easy. After today, I am so psyched to meet more people from this board, it was like a breath of fresh air, good fun, good conversation, good people, good food, very good wine. For the first time since we got back to Colorado I really felt like I was HOME!
I sure hope there will be more lunches, with more people....and more chances to explore just who lives in our "neighborhood". I'd love to meet you at the next one neptune!

back at you. Sorry I missed it.

18 May 2011 20:35 #17 by ScienceChic
I am thankful to have such great friends, to have had a laughter-filled day, and be blessed with all that I have! It's raining so I have all the candles lit, the munchkins are going to bed (they got to stay up late - it was my son's birthday today), and I'm going to curl up with my favorite...website! Then I have a date with Logan...or maybe Tony Stark! Hmm, Tony drives fast cars...that might be the deciding factor! :biggrin:

archer wrote: neptunechimney, it was one of those spur of the moment things on another thread....all ScienceChic's fault.....really. She said lunch....and I said absolutely....where and when, I'll be there. Yeah, I'm that easy.

:Whistle So we've learned... lol

neptune, my apologies, I should've PM'd you and made sure that you'd seen the thread (it happened in the Update on Spykster Courthouse thread) as you are so good about joining us usually. Next week, the 26th, noon, at either Raven's or Brook's. And to those that I owe a beer and dessert, that would be a good opportunity...(nobody that matters, bailey bud, Grady, and daisypusher!)

Love you guys! Thanks for making my life happy! :wave:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

18 May 2011 20:37 #18 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Say something nice thread! :)

18 May 2011 20:46 #19 by Blazer Bob

Science Chic wrote: (it happened in the Update on Spykster Courthouse thread) as you are so good about joining us usually. Next week, the 26th, noon, at either Raven's or Brook's. :wave:

I was glad to see he beat it and I salute his tenacity and grit but I have not been following that thread since page 1. I guess you have to read every post but fortunately I do not.

26'th sound doable for us. So what thread should I be paying attention to?

18 May 2011 20:49 #20 by ScienceChic
I'll post a reminder in the Lunch Bound thread in the Campfire

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds