Where were you born and where have you lived?

11 Sep 2011 15:50 #11 by Wily Fox aka Angela
Born in South Carolina (1954), moved to North Carolina when I was 7, did my "growing up" in Charlotte, NC
I decided that I was almost 30 and it was TIME TO GET THE HELL OUT OF THE SOUTH and moved to Fresno, CA in 1983
moved to Sacramento, CA in 1984
moved to Bedford Hills, NY in 1988 and various places in NY/CT (Peekskill, Stamford) area until 1993, (archer, we were almost neighbors back then!)
moved back to Sacramento, CA in 1993,
then Half Moon Bay, CA in 1997
and finally CO in 2003

I had always said that I will always live on a coast and never in the middle. Two years before moving to CO, I gave up those two words in my vocabulary (always/never) as I found they were limiting my perspective and found myself here in 2003. My husband (now) was living in Atlanta and I was in Bay Area and we decided to meet "in the middle". We L-O-V-E it here. The only thing that would make it better is a giant lake and maybe an ocean. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Sep 2011 15:55 #12 by Arlen
Born in Kentucky, raised and educated in Tennessee, retired to Colorado in July.

11 Sep 2011 15:56 - 16 Sep 2011 17:23 #13 by Wayne Harrison
Born in the state of nakedness. I've lived in Texas, Minnesota and Colorado.

If you responded in this thread, please look for my new discussion titled "What's your social security number?"

11 Sep 2011 17:28 #14 by pacamom
I was born in Berwyn, IL. I've lived in IL and CO.

11 Sep 2011 17:40 #15 by ComputerBreath
Born in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Moved to Casper, Wyoming before my first birthday.
Moved to Denver, Colorado (where both my parents were born) when I was almost 1 1/2.
Lived in the Denver area until I was 3, then moved to Kiowa, Colorado (bonus point for those that have been there!). Lived there until right after my 14th birthday.
Moved to my Mom's hometown of Glenwood Springs, Colorado. Joined the Air Force and...
1. Lackland AFB Texas in San Antonio
2. Keesler AFB Mississippi in Biloxi (experienced my first and hopefully only hurricane there)
3. Blytheville (later Eaker) AFB Arkansas near Blytheville
4. Ankara Air Station Turkey
5. Fairchild AFB Washington near Spokane
6. Camp Darby Italy near Pisa
7. Lackland AFB Texas in San Antonio
8. Park County Colorado!!

11 Sep 2011 17:57 #16 by pacamom
I've been to Kiowa. Sold an alpaca to a ranch out there.

11 Sep 2011 18:22 #17 by 2wlady
Born: Building, military hospital; city, Munich; country, Germany; continent, Europe, planet, earth, universe

Lived: Germany a few times, Pennsylvania, Virginia, North Carolina, Maryland, Colorado

11 Sep 2011 18:26 #18 by jf1acai
Born in Leadville, CO. Went to college at CSU, and moved to Ft. Collins. After graduation, moved to Longmont, then briefly to Conrad, MT, until the POTUS cancelled my job. Moved to Langdon, ND, then back to Longmont, Colorado Springs, Longmont, Craig, Longmont, Arvada, Littleton, and finally Golden. Along the way I have spent time in many parts of the US. I liked what I saw in my few months in MT, and also on vacations in ID.

But, my heart remains in CO :biggrin:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

11 Sep 2011 19:12 #19 by navycpo7
Born in Colorado Springs way back when
Lived in
Georgia, Virgina, Pennsylvania, Texas, Mississippi, Washington DC(Andrews AFB), Colorado, Ludwigburg Germany (and a few other places in Germany), 5aircraft carriers, an oiler and a hospital ship.

11 Sep 2011 20:34 #20 by Boneyard
Born at Ft, Benning, Ga.

Lived in:
Ft. Richardson, Alaska
Columbia, SC
Arlington, VA
Ft. Leavenworth, KS
Izmir, Turkey
South Bend, IN
Merritt Island, FL
Atlanta, GA
Waldorf, MD
Littleton, CO
back to Atlanta, GA
Hughesville, MD
Conifer, CO
Leaving here in a box. :biggrin:

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds