Where were you born and where have you lived?

13 Sep 2011 12:57 #41 by Surveyor
Born in MD, lived there and subsequently in WY, MO, NM, CO, Iraq. Now have settled back in WY with connections that take me to CO regularly. I'm making my stand in WY, but would not have had too much trouble living in Venezuela or Germany.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Sep 2011 13:52 #42 by Photo-fish
Rhinelander, WI :wink:
Madison, WI FlowerHippy:
Fridley, MN :Sick:
Anoka, MN :Snooze
Chicago, IL :woo hoo:
Thornton, CO :angry:
Evergreen, CO :Loco:
Bailey, CO :love2:

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

13 Sep 2011 16:57 - 13 Sep 2011 17:05 #43 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Where were you born and where have you lived?

Local_Historian wrote: Right - working with kids who are in the real Vice Lords, Crips and Bloods - that makes me sheltered too. Shows you know nothing about the drug routes through Illinois and Iowa on the way up from Mexico or the number of true, serious gang members who live in the cities from Chicago through Texas along I 74. How do you think thngs get north so fast? Pixies on unicorns?

Nothing says loving like a death threat from a gang member cause you've given their kid an F in history.

But then, I bet yo uthink the wangsters who live in Cherry Creek are real gang members.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha

Yeah LH, The Hood Rat..I'm impressed LH lol

Click on my signature LH, thats me and you singing a duet

13 Sep 2011 17:01 #44 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Where were you born and where have you lived?

Royal Yoga wrote: Born in Germany, lived in Colombia (S America), England, Colorado (US)

Now there's a well rounded individual

13 Sep 2011 17:20 #45 by UNDER MODERATION
Born Jacksonville Florida
St Augustine Florida
Fukuoka Japan AFB
Perrin AFB Denison Texas
Edwards AFB California
Washington DC, Andrws AFB
Arlington Hieghts ill
Melbourne Florida
Naples Florida
Miami Florida
Wrigleyville Chicago
John Hancock Building Chicago
Bailey Colorado

But weve traveled all over the world..And not on cruise ships or bus tours..We take long vacations and emerse ourselves in the native cultures..

13 Sep 2011 17:43 #46 by pacamom
I'm so disappointed VL. You could have at least spelled the old hometown correctly.

13 Sep 2011 17:49 #47 by UNDER MODERATION

pacamom wrote: I'm so disappointed VL. You could have at least spelled the old hometown correctly.

Corner of Elm and Walnut...Used to hang out at Jimmy Place when I was in Jr High.. Started selling peanuts at Arlington Park at age 8...I was the best seller and met all the big stars of the day..Joey Heatherton, Barbra Eden, Jack Klugman, Don Adams..etc etc etc..My friends used to hang out at my peanut stand outside the clubhouse and one time I asked Don Adams if he was really the voice of Tennessee Tuxedo and he said " Chumley, Get Me OUt OF HERE!" We all laughed

Barbra Eden always used to give me a kiss on the cheek on the way in...My friend married her lil sister..His last name is Scanlon..

13 Sep 2011 18:02 #48 by ComputerBreath
So...I'll tell why I came back to Colorado, if others tell why they are here or came back.

I left at 18 fully anticipating that I'd spend 20 years in the AF and retire...but I had no idea where I'd retire to and left my options open.

The first time I visited Oregon, the year my mom moved there, I fell in love with it and for the next 16 years that's where I said I'd retire to.

Two years before I retired my mom came back to Colorado and got married which put all of my immediate family in Colorado. At that point we knew my dad was in bad shape and had few years left.

So when it came time for me to decide where exactly I was going upon my retirement...I chose Colorado where my family was. Then I got a real good job and bought a house, so my time in Colorado is set for a while, even though my dad has died, my sister moved to Nebraska, and my mom moved back to Oregon.

13 Sep 2011 18:49 #49 by homeagain

ComputerBreath wrote: So...I'll tell why I came back to Colorado, if others tell why they are here or came back.

I left at 18 fully anticipating that I'd spend 20 years in the AF and retire...but I had no idea where I'd retire to and left my options open.

The first time I visited Oregon, the year my mom moved there, I fell in love with it and for the next 16 years that's where I said I'd retire to.

Two yeDOars before I retired my mom came back to Colorado and got married which put all of my immediate family in Colorado. At that point we knew my dad was in bad shape and had few years left.

So when it came time for me to decide where exactly I was going upon my retirement...I chose Colorado where my family was. Then I got a real good job and bought a house, so my time in Colorado is set for a while, even though my dad has died, my sister moved to Nebraska, and my mom moved back to Oregon.

COMING BACK HOME.......why? For at least a decade, my soul LONGED to be back in Alaska......as with anything, the universe has it OWN time frame......and THEN in 1999,just when we had "found nirvana in the
mountains of Colorado,the job transfer came thru to Anchorage, Ak.Not only was it a PAID transfer with the corp., it was a Promotion.
We looked at the pro's and con's and shrugged our shoulders and proclaimed WHY NOT?"........several years later the job was completed and we were looking at the prospect of having our move PAID or not.....we elected to leave while the company would pay
all expenses to come "down"....made the HUGE mistake of assuming there was job security in another location opposed to coming back to Colorado(no job security)......3 miserable years later,discovered what we should have KNOWN all along(probably did,but dismissed the facts) there is NO job security and the S.E. sucks......PAID our own expenses back to Colorado in 2004 and moved back to the mountain where we are back in "Nirvana"......ALASKA....awe inspiring,all encompassing existence. GEORGIA,ghastly,gross.
COLORADO....PRICELESS. :Love3: (sorry for the break in text.)

13 Sep 2011 19:22 #50 by MichiganGal

Rockdoc Franz wrote: Born Germany, lived in Canaan, New Paltz and Oswego NY, Houston Tx, New Orleans and Slidell LA, Ann Arabor MI, Cam Rahn Bay Vietnam, Rudolstadt and Osterhofen, Germany, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, Colorado Springs and Conifer CO. Also spent a lot of time in Belize.

No wonder you are so full of knowledge!

Never Say Never

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds