Lower North Fork Fire Residents ask: Why no state help?

21 Feb 2013 20:57 #51 by deltamrey
No JUICE.....BILLIONS for NY.......JUICE.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Feb 2013 15:19 #52 by LNFFInfo
Gov. Hickenlooper vowed 'real time' claims process, Lower North Fork Fire victims still waiting

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/lo ... ll-waiting

23 Mar 2013 18:34 #53 by ScienceChic
FYI, the one year anniversary is Tuesday...this is beyond ridiculous that these homeowners are still waiting for compensation that was promised.

From Denver Channel 7:
Attorney General's Office presents new hurdle keeping Lower North Fork Fire claims from swift review
A.G., Gov. had promised "real time" compensation
Marshall Zelinger
3/23/13

JEFFERSON COUNTY, Colo. - Lower North Fork Fire victims received a surprise in Jefferson County District Court on Friday afternoon.

Attorneys representing the Attorney General's Office presented a plan that would allow some victims to have their claims heard through a state claims board process, while other claims would still have to go through the judicial process in court.

Nearly one year to the date of the fire, the victims have not been allowed to go through the claims board process. They are stuck in court, despite being told they could avoid that process.

Scott Appel, whose wife Ann was killed in the fire, wants to know why no one has been held accountable nearly one year later. "I guess I'd ask the question, 'why would the state not hold itself to the same time standard they would hold any private party to or any insurance company?'" said Appel. "It's a joke and not a good one."

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

25 Mar 2013 06:59 #54 by LNFFInfo
Dear friends and neighbors,

As you know, March 26th will be the one year mark of the Lower North Fork Fire. have been asked by so many wonderful people how we as the survivors of this horrific event would like to have this day addressed.

We are so thankful for the community we live in and for the out pouring of support you have shared. From basic needs, fund raising events, to a special recognition dinner, children-run lemonade stands, to writing news articles, showing up at court to support us and for the many prayers you have sent our way. We will never be able to thank you enough.

As everyone knows, we lost 3 amazing neighbors that day. It just doesn't feel fitting to over shadow the grief this anniversary will hold for those families. Some have asked about a celebration, but we are not yet at a place where we feel a celebration is in order. There are still so many unanswered questions and unfulfilled promises from the State as we work at reclaiming our lives.This event was tragic and avoidable. Like any tragic event it takes time for survivors to heal and move on.

How we would like to approach this first anniversary is to ask all of you to hold us and our lost loved ones in your heart. Visit our website please, we will have posted a special "one year later update" and if you would like, you will be able to post a message there to all of us. We would love to hear from you.

However, we have at a rather late hour, been given the opportunity for a press conference at the State Capitol on Tue. the 26th at noon. We are meeting Cheri Gerou in the west foyer at 11:45 and would welcome any of you who could take the time to drive down there and be with us; our goal is to appeal to the Legislators, Governor and Attorney General for their support.

Thank you for your understanding. your kindness and your continued support.

Signed......
The survivors of the Lower North Fork Fire

25 Mar 2013 07:37 #55 by deltamrey
Given the Congress sent $$$ 60 B to the Sandy victums....ask publically why our Senators cannot help us....ask first how they voted on the Sandy bill........put pressure on the politicians....2014 is near.

25 Mar 2013 08:07 #56 by deltamrey
I have not really followed the IMPLEMENTATION of the proposed procedures for controlled burns - the root cause of the fire and deaths of citizens - but an outside review (not by local fire departments- they caused the fire) made public is prudent. TRUST is broken.

Thanks for all you do.

25 Mar 2013 08:14 #57 by deltamrey
Make no mistake about it -- enlightenment is a destructive process. It has nothing to do with becoming better or being happier. Enlightenment is the crumbling away of untruth. It’s seeing through the facade of pretense. It’s the complete eradication of everything we imagined to be true.” -Adyashanti

Nuf Said.......

25 Mar 2013 08:27 #58 by homeagain

deltamrey wrote: Make no mistake about it -- enlightenment is a destructive process. It has nothing to do with becoming better or being happier. Enlightenment is the crumbling away of untruth. It’s seeing through the facade of pretense. It’s the complete eradication of everything we imagined to be true.” -Adyashanti

Nuf Said.......

THANK YOU for this post........for the past 5 years my understanding of the "goodness" in people has been FOREVER altered. Your
post only confirms what I have been learning as a life lesson and at 65 years old the quote" WHEN THEY FIRST SHOW YOU WHO THEY
ARE.......BELIEVE THEM is my mantra.

25 Mar 2013 09:50 #59 by deltamrey
I have no personal "dog in this fight".....nothing to gain other than the satisfaction that the rights of the citizens are protected anfd truth be forthcoming. TWO issues are indeed bothersome and to date not resolved:
1. The State admits openly the State is culpable. The AG works for the citizens not the clerks and politicians.......he seems to have lost his way. He is elected and can be terminated at the polls. DO SO.

2. Immediately after a brief investigation (the role of law enforcement) the JEFFCO Sheriff openly declared that no criminal wrongdoing was evident. My experiences are that such an announcment is the perview of the DA......this is strange indeed. BOTH are also elected and can be terminated at the polls......DO SO.

Elected officials have one basic fear - loss of employment and we the people pay their freight and can terminate their employment at the polls.

25 Mar 2013 11:06 #60 by deltamrey
Home:

We all embrace "mantra".....some of my favorites FYI:

Trust but Verify......RR
Never rush to your death.....SEALS
Revenge is best served on a cold plate.....SEALS
The best op is one that the enemy never saw coming and no traces remain of the executioners.....SEALS

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds