MyMountainTown is THE new 285Bound: Welcome Everyone!

31 Jul 2013 14:31 - 13 Sep 2015 22:35 #121 by ScienceChic
The developer had to reset a cookie on the forums. I logged out, closed my Firefox browser completely, logged back in, and still had trouble getting back to the forums myself as well. I had to go into my settings and clear my browser, cache history, and cookies for the last hour to fix it. Try that and see if it works. Keep in mind that deleting cookies will remove any preferences you have of favorite pages, and if you have it set that you are kept logged in on any pages - this will log you out of them.

I am so sorry, didn't anticipate this problem. Try closing your browser first and logging out and back in again before deleting cookies or browser history. Let me know if that still doesn't fix it for you.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 Jul 2013 15:05 - 13 Sep 2015 22:35 #122 by archer
I've tried everything I can think of on the cell.....cleared cache, cleared browser history, forced stop the browser, logged in and out of MMT, deleted cookies, deleted the bookmark, tried to go directly to the forums, done a soft reset, I'm running out of ideas.

31 Jul 2013 15:10 - 13 Sep 2015 22:35 #123 by archer
Ok....so I did all that again, minus the soft reset......one right after another without opening the browser and it worked.....for now. This should'nt oughta be so hard :)

31 Jul 2013 16:06 - 13 Sep 2015 22:36 #124 by ScienceChic

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

01 Aug 2013 07:23 - 13 Sep 2015 22:36 #125 by pacamom
I work around it by going to the drop down menu for the forums and actually picking one. Gets me in there at least. On the first try. I'm not one for having to stop and clear browser and cookies and reboot and reset and relogon. If I have to do that everytime, I'll just go pull weeds.

01 Aug 2013 08:31 - 13 Sep 2015 22:36 #126 by FOS

pacamom wrote: I work around it by going to the drop down menu for the forums and actually picking one. Gets me in there at least. On the first try. I'm not one for having to stop and clear browser and cookies and reboot and reset and relogon. If I have to do that everytime, I'll just go pull weeds.

:yeahthat:

01 Aug 2013 08:36 - 13 Sep 2015 22:37 #127 by FOS
Still cannot access the forums on Firefox.

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.
This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept
cookies.

I have no idea how to deal with cookies in firefox and DO NOT want to lose passwords by deleting all.....even if I figure out where to do that.

01 Aug 2013 08:46 - 13 Sep 2015 22:37 #128 by Mtn Gramma
That's odd. I use only Firefox and am having no problems at all. I have the forum index bookmarked, log in, and here I am.

01 Aug 2013 08:50 - 13 Sep 2015 22:38 #129 by FOS
I am having to use Chrome to access the site. I get the above message no matter what link I use to get to the forums. Glad your not having the same issue.

01 Aug 2013 10:39 - 13 Sep 2015 22:38 #130 by pacamom
I'm on IE 8. LOL

Time to create page: 0.313 seconds