MyMountainTown is THE new 285Bound: Welcome Everyone!

01 Aug 2013 14:15 - 13 Sep 2015 22:38 #131 by RenegadeCJ

frogger wrote: Still cannot access the forums on Firefox.

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.
This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept
cookies.

I have no idea how to deal with cookies in firefox and DO NOT want to lose passwords by deleting all.....even if I figure out where to do that.

Go to the top left corner-orange "firefox" button, click it, then options, then privacy tab. Click on the "show cookies" button. All the cookies on your computer will show up. Go down to the "My mountain town" cookie, and click it. Click "remove" and it will just remove that one. Shut down firefox and re-open. Than should reset just the cookie for this site.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Aug 2013 17:06 - 13 Sep 2015 22:39 #132 by ScienceChic
If you are still getting this message:

The page isn't redirecting properly. Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete. This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

Thanks Renegade! I'd opened that box when I first had an issue, but didn't bother scrolling down to find it.

RenegadeCJ wrote: Go to the top left corner-orange "firefox" button, click it, then options, then privacy tab. Click on the "show cookies" button. All the cookies on your computer will show up. Go down to the "My mountain town" cookie, and click it. Click "remove" and it will just remove that one. Shut down firefox and re-open. Than should reset just the cookie for this site.

This is what you'd choose:
Select Show Cookies:
File Attachment:

Scroll down and highlight mymountaintown
File Attachment:

Then click Remove Cookies (not Remove All Cookies)

Sorry again for the trouble.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

01 Aug 2013 18:12 - 13 Sep 2015 22:39 #133 by jf1acai
Just FYI, it appears to me, someone can correct me if I'm wrong, that if you wish to have email notification of new PMs sent thru the 'Profile' (not sure how else to describe it, but not sent through PHPBB), you have to click on 'You have no [or some] new private messages', then click on Settings and choose your desired notification method.

The 'no' or 'some' number of private messages is off the right side of my screen, thus requires horizontal scrolling to see it, so isn't real useful.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

01 Aug 2013 19:53 - 13 Sep 2015 22:40 #134 by FOS
Thx guys. That worked.

05 Aug 2013 13:11 - 13 Sep 2015 22:40 #135 by
:) Everyone needs to just relax...I'm too busy to read this entire thread but I think people are making too much out of all of this- Its just a legal dispute between two good and ambitious women and it will all be worked out and forgotten in time, so lets not all act like its ruining all of our lives...ok?

Don't be absurd, the whole thing reminds me of when I was 8 years old and was the head of my tree fort club, and we went to war with a rival tree fort club across the street. A water baloon bottle rocket war.

PrintSmith wrote:

archer wrote: I might have put it a bit more elegantly PrintSmith, but I can't disagree with your assessment of the situation. I feel torn between two sites and two people, I am, however, most angry with this site for even existing, like you, I think this should have been worked out behind the scenes, with the customers....the posters, being out of it entirely. Every day this continues we are losing thread continuity, and message board integrity. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to notice that even if you add the posts together from both sites posting is WAY off, and people are either disappearing or taking a hiatus from posting. This just isn't fun CB....

I suppose I could have avoided the feces synonyms, but I really do resent it when someone tries to treat me like an idiot and I tend not to be as civil as I should be when someone is piddling on my head and trying to convince me that it's raining.

Tell me you are sorry, but you really felt you had no choice other than to do it. That is something that I could at least respect. But to try and tell me that you didn't anticipate what your actions were guaranteed to produce? No, don't tell such an outright lie to me, that only makes me angrier than I was to begin with at being placed in the middle of what should be, and what should have remained, a private dispute instead of a public one.

No, if Communities Bound had any concern for their customers, and their advertisers, they would have left only one site in operation until the dispute was settled even if the other party was clearly in the wrong and in violation of the contract. They would not have made that private, behind the scenes, dispute a public matter. And by doing it that way they would have shown all of us, including their advertisers, were their primary concern even when they felt they were the ones being harmed by that action. How grateful all of us would have been to Communities Bound for making our experience seemless during a troubling time had they acted in that manner. What a wonderful opportunity they had to demonstrate how important all of us are to that company during a time of turmoil for them.

Instead we have this, and we have Communites Bound to thank for it.

Mu ha ha ha ha ha ha

This could only be written by a person who lives on a message board, a person who's entire social life is on a message board... Print Smith sounds like he's going to cry because Communities Bound didn't make his message board "experience seemless".. :) Talk about taking something too seriously? Its a message board people...Don't loose any sleep over it- So Prints***..Just go ahead and just post your long winded "im a guy who thinks way too much" nobody's gonna read anyway messages wherever you want because.............It doesn't really matter
:smackshead:

WTF?

05 Aug 2013 13:28 - 13 Sep 2015 22:41 #136 by

otisptoadwater wrote: SC, you have provided a great forum and it's a real shame that some scumbag has hijacked your 285bound site. I'll stay with you on this site and have been encouraging my neighbors and friends (yes, I have a few) to visit http://www.mymountaintown.com

I can't think of a better site to visit for local information, great debates on any topic, and the space and tolerance to post what's on your mind without heavy handed moderation.

#DramaQueen

lol

05 Aug 2013 16:31 - 13 Sep 2015 22:41 #137 by archer
There are times, VL, that you just don't have a clue.....couldn't buy a clue..... and wouldn't recognize a clue if it hit you upside the head. This is one of them.

05 Aug 2013 18:02 - 13 Sep 2015 22:41 #138 by Mtn Gramma
Hey vl -- why don't you go away? We're doing just fine without you. You don't get points here for being CG's apologist.

05 Aug 2013 19:32 - 13 Sep 2015 22:42 #139 by

archer wrote: There are times, VL, that you just don't have a clue.....couldn't buy a clue..... and wouldn't recognize a clue if it hit you upside the head. This is one of them.

Geeez...Not very diplomatic are you archer? I got feelings to you know?

05 Aug 2013 19:44 - 13 Sep 2015 22:42 #140 by

Mtn Gramma wrote: Hey vl -- why don't you go away? We're doing just fine without you.

Thats debatable Gramma

Mtn Gramma wrote: You don't get points here for being CG's apologist.

CG's a Tea Partier, I don't agree with her on a lot of things and she hasn't told me anything about this- Like Archer said, I'm clueless, but to secretly re-direct everyone away to a new board with a new name in the middle of the night just smells bad to me and all this ganging up on CG doesn't smell right either.

Whats going on?

Time to create page: 0.319 seconds