MyMountainTown is THE new 285Bound: Welcome Everyone!

08 Aug 2013 05:59 - 13 Sep 2015 22:58 #161 by The Boss
I find it so interesting that one of the most political places around is having an internal politics issue. With full respect to the individuals and how very real this is for them, I sort of wonder if this partly comes out of our conflicted Colorado culture. The one where everyone comes form somewhere else and think they are right, others need to change and there needs to be a new policy to regulate it. This seems to be the way of everything in Colorado, no action needed, biggest conflicted action taken, months of debate, finger pointing, rinse, repeat, frack, move.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Aug 2013 06:28 - 13 Sep 2015 22:58 #162 by homeagain
JMO....people NO longer take the time to sit down,FACE TO FACE and communicate. With the
advent of texting,e=mail and twitter the concept of ACTUALLY attempting to visit/SEE/meet
a person is obsolete. (unless a lawyer is present and legal action is being pursued.).....I am
a Colorado native and from my POV the state,as a whole, has slipped into an isolationist mode.
(perhaps that is true in OTHER states, I do not know),I just know when I discuss this with my
brother in Alaska, he just shakes his head and does NOT understand the mode. Apparently
Alaska ( because of it's vastness and remoteness) has a fined tuned sense of "we are all in this
together" and people act accordingly.

a FACE TO FACE meeting (without the lawyers) would have been beneficial in this case.....JMO

08 Aug 2013 08:25 - 13 Sep 2015 22:59 #163 by Mtn Gramma

homeagain wrote: a FACE TO FACE meeting (without the lawyers) would have been beneficial in this case.....JMO

And you know this didn't happen?

08 Aug 2013 08:38 - 13 Sep 2015 22:59 #164 by homeagain

Mtn Gramma wrote:

homeagain wrote: a FACE TO FACE meeting (without the lawyers) would have been beneficial in this case.....JMO

And you know this didn't happen?

I KNOW as much as you do (from the ACTIONS and the comments coming from the two
owners,it APPEARS that they have not, perhaps I am wrong.....it appears that that the "chick
fight" escalated very quickly and cooler heads did NOT prevail....JMO

I am dismayed at the blatant disregard for the advertisers,let alone the community and feel that
it was POORLY thought out and executed (ego appears to be STRONG factor)....JMO

08 Aug 2013 16:53 - 13 Sep 2015 23:00 #165 by ScienceChic

ColoradoKathy wrote: SC, I think everybody appreciates what a straight shooter you are and believes you are telling the truth! I'm hoping you documented your agreement with CG (or whomever) about the name change and transfer of accounts (or whatever is valuable about these websites) to MyMountainTown? If so, also hoping your attorney will make short work of these problems.

Thank you CK, we've been working on it in good faith since July 13 (it just seems like forever).

Yes, I absolutely do have everything documented, and I'd be happy to share it all here depending on how tomorrow goes.

Homeagain, yes, our attorneys have offered twice to sit down face-to-face and resolve this. Our offers were ignored. As she's never set foot in Conifer since owning 285Bound and then Communities Bound, I believe she's not as vested in solving this for the benefit of the community as I am.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

08 Aug 2013 17:55 - 13 Sep 2015 23:01 #166 by BaconLover
Hmm.. Interesting.

I could do a traceroute to 285bound.com and could do a DNS resolution to the IP address, but ping's wouldn't work and the site wouldn't load.

I cycled the router to get a new public IP address and now everything works fine....

Guess the Internet is finicky that way....

08 Aug 2013 18:28 - 13 Sep 2015 23:01 #167 by pineinthegrass
Humm.... what's going on at 285bound?

08 Aug 2013 22:12 - 13 Sep 2015 23:02 #168 by jf1acai
I too am tired of the BS, and hope that the owner of Communities Bound will finally recognize that this is totally non-productive for all involved, and be willing to reach a reasonable settlement for ALL parties involved.

As others have said, this isn't about BEING right, it is more about DOING right.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

09 Aug 2013 10:30 - 13 Sep 2015 23:02 #169 by Mtn Gramma
:like: :yeahthat: to both pineinthegrass and jf1acai

10 Aug 2013 10:02 - 13 Sep 2015 23:02 #170 by Pony Soldier

Science Chic wrote:
Yes, I absolutely do have everything documented, and I'd be happy to share it all here depending on how tomorrow goes.

I still want to know how tomorrow went...uh...well..and can you bring back some lottery numbers?

Time to create page: 0.322 seconds