MyMountainTown is THE new 285Bound: Welcome Everyone!

23 Jul 2013 12:51 - 13 Sep 2015 22:08 #71 by Blazer Bob

archer wrote: I'm not sure what has changed, but the issue of not being able to see the left side is now constant on a mobile phone..... It makes it very hard to respond to posts when you can't read the poster's name.

I came here on IE and did not have that problem. I changed to google chrome. Still no prob. Then I added a spell checker and search engine to chrome and lost the left column much as it seems is being described here. The SE and SP came with some malicious website (Biz????) that kept redirecting me. I used windows explorer to delete a bunch of Biz.... files and no longer have the left side problem.

Sorry I cannot be more specific.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Jul 2013 13:46 - 13 Sep 2015 22:09 #72 by archer
I'm not having a problem on the computer with Chrome, only on my mobile phone. Unfortunately that is how I access the internet these days as mr archer is in rehab after major back surgery and I'm not home much.

24 Jul 2013 00:06 - 13 Sep 2015 22:09 #73 by ScienceChic
Anyone still having problems with the left side? Specifically, anyone with IE 9 or 10?

archer, I'm seeing it okay again on my iPhone, how's your mobile doing?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

24 Jul 2013 07:34 - 13 Sep 2015 22:10 #74 by archer
The left side is completely gone on my mobile phone, in fact it's worse now than originally. I used to be able to see some pages in their entirety, now every page is cut off on the left starting from the very top......the MyMountainTown logo at the top starts with the "o" in mountain....everything under that is inaccessible. It's odd because I visit a lot of websites and message boards on my cell and this is the first one I haven't been able to see the left side.

Ignore that....I cleared cache......deleted my bookmark....and reloaded mymountain town, and it's working. Thanks SC.....I had tried that a couple days ago and it made no difference......

24 Jul 2013 08:24 - 13 Sep 2015 22:10 #75 by ScienceChic
Excellent! Glad that's sorted out, on to the next item on the list. :)

Please keep letting us know if you see anything, or even if there's a feature you'd like to see that isn't here! Thanks!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

24 Jul 2013 09:18 - 13 Sep 2015 22:10 #76 by pineinthegrass

Science Chic wrote: Anyone still having problems with the left side? Specifically, anyone with IE 9 or 10?

archer, I'm seeing it okay again on my iPhone, how's your mobile doing?

It's working for me now with IE 10. Plus I don't see the "jump" anymore in Chrome where the left side would first be missing as the page loaded, then the page would scroll to the left at the end. All looks normal so far...

24 Jul 2013 11:21 - 13 Sep 2015 22:11 #77 by netdude
Much better for me too! iPad, Chrome on Android and Chrome on Ubuntu all now working right.

24 Jul 2013 14:13 - 13 Sep 2015 22:12 #78 by FOS
Working fine here on droid and ipad

24 Jul 2013 17:46 - 13 Sep 2015 22:12 #79 by ScienceChic
Sweet! You guys have no idea what the developer had to go through to fix that (btw, he calls IE Internet Exploder - I think he really, really wants to kick Bill Gates somewhere tender!). LOL

We've also fixed the User Control Panel so that you can actually read the options now. Sorry about that being messed up. You should be able to do edits in your Profile Pages as well, although as we've found out, it does not have color as an option for signatures, and unfortunately, there's no fix for that. If you want color, you'll have to go through the User Control Panel. But the good news is that making any other edits in the Profile Page are a lot easier to do, so get to know that a little better.

Off to the Cash Mob at Wing Wagon - I'm hungry! :)

24 Jul 2013 18:26 - 13 Sep 2015 22:12 #80 by jf1acai

You guys have no idea what the developer had to go through to fix that (btw, he calls IE Internet Exploder - I think he really, really wants to kick Bill Gates somewhere tender!).

I understand and completely agree about both IE and Bill Gates! :biggrin:

The UCP and Search function look much better now, but it was somewhat of an interesting challenge before, when you had no clue what question your response might be responding to <evil grin>.

Thanks!

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

Time to create page: 0.341 seconds