MyMountainTown is THE new 285Bound: Welcome Everyone!

14 Jul 2013 09:52 - 13 Sep 2015 21:37 #21 by Mtn Gramma
As are mine. Any chance of getting them back?

And is there a work-around so I can "disappear" the right hand column? It bounces/jumps every time there's a new post or someone logs on or off. Annoying.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Jul 2013 11:02 - 13 Sep 2015 21:38 #22 by archer
Also.... Is there still a setting have your nic hidden? I couldn't find it.

14 Jul 2013 12:26 - 13 Sep 2015 21:39 #23 by ScienceChic
Hi Guys,

Sorry I haven't replied sooner, I was out at the Elevation Celebration all day yesterday and saw my niece and nephew off this morning who had come down Friday night for a concert at Red Rocks.

archer, I'm looking for the option to change how you are logged in as you log in, but you can always set it in the User Control Panel that you are always hidden when logged in as a stop-gap for now if you'd like (it's under Board Preferences). I'll check into the other option and let you know.

My apologies about the messages, we had them earlier when we imported the test backup version a week ago. There wasn't a way to integrate the Joomla and phpBB Private Message systems so we had decided to just upload both so everyone would have their old messages (located at the top of the forums as usual), then migrate you all over to the new system (what you should see on the right hand side of the forum under your username). Unfortunately, the old messages seem to have not come over - I will check with my developer and see what we can do to get those. My sincerest apologies, we had intended for it to all be there.

Mtn Gramma, no, there's no current work-around to remove what's showing on the right-hand side. At the moment, it's the forum feed, but the plan was to eventually put our Business Partner ads there and they wouldn't bounce or move, and be so distracting. I'll see if we can remove the forum feed at least, unless other people like seeing what's just been posted.

pacamom, check the time zone listed in the User Control Panel - I had to reset mine to Mountain Standard Time because it was set to Greenwich Mean Time the first time I logged in. There should be a board setting for that as well, and I will hunt for that.

PrintSmith, we had bumped up the font size so it was bigger than it was on the old site - does it look smaller to you? I think if you hit Ctrl + it makes the font bigger for just this site (on a Mac, it's Command +), Ctrl - makes it smaller. Please try that and let me know if that doesn't work for you and I'll see what else we can do.

Left-side issues:
When I view it on both my iPad and my iPhone, as it's loading it is cut off on the left side, but when it finishes, it bounces down to fit the screen as it should (well, on the iPhone, it's actually cut off on the right just at the Post Views column, but then I pinch the screen and I can see everything). Is the left-side staying cut off for all of you, or does it fit the screen as it finishes loading the page? I will look into it with the developer, as it's supposed to be more mobile-friendly than the old site.

My other recommendation is to stop using IE. :biggrin: Did you know that comparing the browsers, when loading the same exact page, IE the slowest browser to load a page (4 sec vs 1.34 for Firefox and 1.45 for Chrome)? www.mymountaintown.com/forums/the-hard-drive/27410 It's also the one that takes up the most CPU usage on your computer, tying up 18% of RAM memory compared to 3% for Chrome and 7.6% for Firefox. Just a suggestion. :)

Off to work on the bugs and glitches. Please let us know if you find any others, we appreciate your feedback so we can make this the best working site for you! Thanks!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

14 Jul 2013 12:34 - 13 Sep 2015 21:40 #24 by archer
SC, I have that preference set as hidden in board preferences.....but the list on the right still shows me online, I think the board preferences only hides the nic in the "who is online" area below the forum list.

14 Jul 2013 13:18 - 13 Sep 2015 21:40 #25 by Mtn Gramma

archer wrote: SC, I have that preference set as hidden in board preferences.....but the list on the right still shows me online, I think the board preferences only hides the nic in the "who is online" area below the forum list.

Me, too.

14 Jul 2013 13:21 - 13 Sep 2015 21:40 #26 by Mtn Gramma
Also, when I click on my Inbox I get a white page with the message "You are not logged in", even though I am.

Are the other CommunitiesBound sites going to this system?

14 Jul 2013 13:35 - 13 Sep 2015 21:41 #27 by mountaindollar
My messages are working fine tried in both IE (most current version), Chrome and Firefox.

You might want to put your browser version in if you can as maybe it is an issue with a certain version.

14 Jul 2013 14:32 - 13 Sep 2015 21:41 #28 by pineinthegrass
The IE left side issue appears to now be fixed. Now when I enter the site the left side is still missing for an instant at first, but then the screen automatically scrolls left and all is well. Previously, you couldn't scroll left at all.

One other minor issue I see is if you aren't logged in yet and want to reply to a thread, at the old site you'd click on "reply" and it would let you log in and then it sent you straight to a reply box. Now, you are sent to the login page, but you have to manually navigate back to the forum, find the subject, and then find the post again that you wish to reply to. It just takes several steps longer to do than before.

14 Jul 2013 17:52 - 13 Sep 2015 21:42 #29 by ScienceChic

archer wrote: SC, I have that preference set as hidden in board preferences.....but the list on the right still shows me online, I think the board preferences only hides the nic in the "who is online" area below the forum list.

Gotcha, I didn't realize that the users showing on the right included hidden members. We've removed the list on the right completely, along with the Active Topics feed so it's not so distracting.

The old Private Messages are back, you can access them by going to the User Control Panel and clicking on Private Messages:
File Attachment:

It opens automatically to a Compose Message window, but if you click on Inbox, Outbox, or Sent Messages, you should see all your old messages.
File Attachment:

You can access messages on the shiny new, better PM system through Joomla right over the Logout button. We've also changed the settings so you will receive email alerts when someone sends you a PM.
File Attachment:

(that's the place to Login and Logout now, by the way).

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

14 Jul 2013 17:53 - 13 Sep 2015 21:42 #30 by ScienceChic

pineinthegrass wrote: The IE left side issue appears to now be fixed. Now when I enter the site the left side is still missing for an instant at first, but then the screen automatically scrolls left and all is well. Previously, you couldn't scroll left at all.

One other minor issue I see is if you aren't logged in yet and want to reply to a thread, at the old site you'd click on "reply" and it would let you log in and then it sent you straight to a reply box. Now, you are sent to the login page, but you have to manually navigate back to the forum, find the subject, and then find the post again that you wish to reply to. It just takes several steps longer to do than before.

Working on this next pine! Thanks for letting us know!

Time to create page: 0.354 seconds